Page 1 of 7 123 ...
    Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    09-02-2013, 07:43 PM #1

SIRI Weekly Thread 9/2/2013 - 9/8/2013, Dawn of the Dead

So is the market go to die a slow death by a millions pricks, or will it revive from it's Zombie state it's been in the last few weeks? Let's get some fresh perspectives on the market…..

For any of those that are interested, I finally got my first article published on Seeking Alpha! The article is for DDD, check it out!

My first SA article

09-03-2013, 12:05 AM #2
    I think we'd go down before we go up, but probably some more waffling along the way. We've got the debt ceiling talks heating up again, Fed slowing their buying, interest rates creeping up, among other issues. Syria will probably cause some jitters but probably not as big of an impact as the other three.

Congrats on the SA article. Exciting times ahead for 3D printing.

09-03-2013, 06:49 AM #3
    Microsoft to Buy Nokia’s Devices Unit for $7.2 Billion

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-03/microsoft-to-buy-nokia-s-devices-business-for-5-44-billion-euros.html
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    09-03-2013, 08:32 AM #4
    The first thing catching my eye as I reviewed my watch list this morning was the huge spike in NOK......... thanks to Midas, I now know why............ and I think I'll cry at the recent memory of dumping NOK as it was dipping to my point of last entry.

Next, to Bassman let me add to the KUDOs regarding your first article published at SA. Nice article, (and clever linkage to your own web site )Most of all however, I'll say again that I am real happy to have listened to your many recent comments and analysis on DDD, and proud to be invested at this time when it appears on it's way to new highs.

I decided after our family cookout yesterday to delve back into the Elliott Wave book, starting again at the earliest discussion n the wave formations in hopes of grasping and retaining that all-important initial stepping stone of understanding. Unfortunately, the holiday celebrations and grub put a quick end to my attention span and visibility........ will have to give it a go again at another time. Good luck to all today. Looks like futures are up in pre market. Hope that is a positive omen.

Addict
    09-03-2013, 08:38 AM #5
    Anybody know when car numbers come out?

Mentor
    09-03-2013, 09:15 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcloud View Post
    Anybody know when car numbers come out?
    Morning All

Auto #s are out tomorrow RC. Hope THEDOG reacts positively.

http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/economic-calendar/

Congrats on the article BassMan....hopefully the first of many on SA

GLTA

Head Honcho
    09-03-2013, 09:43 AM #7
    I know someone else was considering buying into VZ, what do we make of this buyout? With VZ down 4%, is the consensus that they paid too much money for 45% of the company? I sold out a while back and have been looking to get back in under 46.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

09-03-2013, 10:09 AM #8
    SB... my only concern is value. Is the 45% really worth $130 billion and does it place the total value of Verizon's wireless at $260B+ ? Seems a little expensive to me. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I know someone else was considering buying into VZ, what do we make of this buyout? With VZ down 4%, is the consensus that they paid too much money for 45% of the company? I sold out a while back and have been looking to get back in under 46.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    09-03-2013, 11:18 AM #9
    seems very expensive
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    SB... my only concern is value. Is the 45% really worth $130 billion and does it place the total value of Verizon's wireless at $260B+ ? Seems a little expensive to me. Any thoughts?

Addict
    09-03-2013, 11:25 AM #10
    Well, at what I considered a critical point in a lot of the indices charts, the market seems to have tipped its hand at the next move. Remember my analysis of the Nasdaq? Watch to make sure the market is not throwing us a head fake though with today's positive action. Volume should hopefully be increasing in the indices as they begin moving up their respective charts. Your stock, whatever it may be, should be following suit. This next leg up won't be bringing all stocks, so you want to make sure yours has some good fundamentals…..or just gets bought up for a premium….congrats NOK holders! (that includes myself)

Switchflare, while we do have an up day today, I also expect more volatility over the short term. The market does not make it easy to make money as they play with your emotions….
    Last edited by Limit5Bass; 09-03-2013 at 12:52 PM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ...