Page 7 of 9 ... 56789
    Addict
    08-29-2013, 01:14 PM #61
    Thanks for that article reference Bass. I'll take a look later today. I'm familiar with William Oniel as I was a IBD subscriber for several years, dating back to the days when he introduced "CAN SLIM, A WINNING SYSTEM" in his book "How to Make Money in Stocks", published in 2002.............. Which reminds me I have not opened that book in at least ten years. I just might browse through it again to see if there is anything I can apply in today's environment (and my "advanced" level of expertise...)

PS. Speaking of "staying power" on big movers, I should have had that wisdom earlier in the week when I stopped out of GMCR with a 15% gain at $83.71, only to watch in dismay as it has already rebounded to $89.21............Ouch.. big time missed opportunity for the sake of a greedy grab for profits.

Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    Nice SLY! That will keep her motivated!

May I recommend the following article from William J Oniel, the founder of Investors Business Daily for big movers? This philosophy has helped me hold onto winners, like FB

http://education.investors.com/inves...st-8-weeks.htm

Mentor
    08-29-2013, 02:41 PM #62
    Congrats on the DDD guys. Haven't had a chance to check out the update. Been a bit busy but will check it out later.

Congrats on THEDOG as well to those who went fishing in the mid 3.50s. Looks like he got his BALLSBACK from Soundexchange....for now anyways.

Mentor
    08-29-2013, 02:57 PM #63
    Looks like MJNA and other POTSTOCKS just got a boost from the CNBC report on softer FED regulations......

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    08-29-2013, 03:12 PM #64
    thanks for the update Denco….I was wondering what the news was….glad i bought a "few" shares a couple weeks back at the beginning of the last pop

these purchases were only equivalent to a full honda civic's trunk though….nothing like the semi-loads I got going on with DDD and FB
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    Looks like MJNA and other POTSTOCKS just got a boost from the CNBC report on softer FED regulations......

Addict
    08-29-2013, 03:54 PM #65
    Please disregard my earlier mention of the book by William O'neil titled "How to Make Money in Stocks". I just took a glance to be reminded what it was about, and once I saw the lack of our everyday charting tools, I decided it really is outdated. For example in the glossary I found no mention of MACD, Moving Averages, Fibonacci, Bollinger Bands, or any of those oscillators used by today's technical analysts. There was no mention of Japanese Candlesticks, instead, all his charts are printed using the OHLC flags (which I've not seen in ages)...........so the moral of my message here is "don't run out and buy that book. I think you will be sorely disappointed.

PS. As I recall from those days when I first subscribed to the IBD Online membership, I believe he more or less plugged his book and then made certain research data available on the IBD website which helped to support the system taught in his book. I think I also recall that after a period of time, that research data disappeared from his web site, and from there I believe his Investing System faded off the earth.............. funny how those things work sometime.
    Last edited by siriusly_invested; 08-29-2013 at 04:01 PM.

08-29-2013, 04:03 PM #66
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    I think it is huge. A day or two ago Sen Leahy of Vt initiated a Senate judiciary committee hearing in the senate Sept 10 about the Feds respecting the States laws and and Holder agreed to testify. Now DOJ says it will not prosecute and respect marijuana laws in states with some guidelines, like not selling to minors and not being a way to cover or launder for illegal activities. Once this gets out in the evening news, may well be a big day tomorrow. Next big step will be rescheduling off of Class 1(with cocaine and Heroine) which prevents research grants. That is coming too.

Just had my biggest daily gain EVER as the market closes. Having a drink as we "speak"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...-laws/2727605/
    Last edited by radejs; 08-29-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Mentor
    08-29-2013, 04:14 PM #67
    Quote Originally Posted by radejs View Post
    I think it is huge. A day or two ago Sen Leahy of Vt initiated a Senate judiciary committee hearing in the senate Sept 10 about the Feds respecting the States laws and and Holder agreed to testify. Now DOJ says it will not prosecute and respect marijuana laws in states with some guidelines, like not selling to minors and not being a way to cover or launder for illegal activities. Once this gets out in the evening news, may well be a big day tomorrow. Next big step will be rescheduling off of Class 1(with cocaine and Heroine) which prevents research grants. That is coming too.

Just had my biggest daily gain EVER as the market closes. Having a drink as we "speak"

Sounds like this could be an inflection point. Congratulations on the BIG up day. I have a relatively small position in MJNA that has been in the same dead money boat for a few months now. I did not get out a couple of weeks back when it popped and regretted it. Now I may be glad I didn't.......we'll see.

Addict
    08-29-2013, 04:14 PM #68
    i abide by several of the guidelines I have learned in his latest edition book…price & volume analysis, cutting losers when you get to 8% loss and holding winners for 4-8 weeks (modified bass rule as his is 8 weeks)

I am getting near my 4 week hold for FB….
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Please disregard my earlier mention of the book by William O'neil titled "How to Make Money in Stocks". I just took a glance to be reminded what it was about, and once I saw the lack of our everyday charting tools, I decided it really is outdated. For example in the glossary I found no mention of MACD, Moving Averages, Fibonacci, Bollinger Bands, or any of those oscillators used by today's technical analysts. There was no mention of Japanese Candlesticks, instead, all his charts are printed using the OHLC flags (which I've not seen in ages)...........so the moral of my message here is "don't run out and buy that book. I think you will be sorely disappointed.

PS. As I recall from those days when I first subscribed to the IBD Online membership, I believe he more or less plugged his book and then made certain research data available on the IBD website which helped to support the system taught in his book. I think I also recall that after a period of time, that research data disappeared from his web site, and from there I believe his Investing System faded off the earth.............. funny how those things work sometime.

Addict
    08-29-2013, 04:44 PM #69
    Nice Radejs…..that is a great feeling…..congratulations……

not that I am implying anything, but anyone remember the MJNA spike to $1.26 on June 26?

again, not that I am implying anything, because I am not, but there was a random spike to $.37 before MJNA made it's last run that ended at $.50….please don't read anything more into this than maybe a coincidence……..maybe…..im holding my shares tight for a bit though, just in case, i mean this is the market and stranger things have happened….

EDIT: please don't invest in penny stocks unless you plan on losing the money…I use no more than 5% of my portfolio on risky types of investments such as these

Quote Originally Posted by radejs View Post

Addict
    08-29-2013, 09:13 PM #70
    What are everyone's thoughts on all these lawsuits for SIRI? Chime In!!

Page 7 of 9 ... 56789