Page 2 of 6 1234 ...
    Addict
    08-20-2013, 12:11 PM #11
    Hello all. First to Bassman let me say thanks for the name of that book. I'll include that in my list of research potentials.

Based on my good fortune on the golf course which I will take as an omen for good things to come, I engaged in a small buying frenzy this morning with SIRI while sharing the risk/reward with certain family members as well. All in all, we collected 10000 shares all in the 3.65/3.66 price points (having missed out on the 3.60 earlier). I've left a "rear guard" at that small gap at 3.50 which will help the dollar cost average should we dip that far............ So, here I go again only after being all out with extremely significant profits a few weeks ago and thinking I'd not be tempted again (for a stake in SIRI). Given the upside potential being touted lately however, I'm willing to be on board if even for a light weight ride.

I do have to pump my chest a little bit however, as last Thursday I ventured into GMCR which I have been laying in wait for many weeks, and took a near-blind gamble on XONE. As of this hour, 2.5 trading days since I entered those positions, I see a paper gain of 10.7% and 8.8% respectively in those two holdings.

Another new line of investing I'm starting to investigate is ETFs. I have a considerable 401K account which is totally in Mutual Funds. I'm beginning to sense that ETFs will be a better way to spread that wealth, but I'm not savvy enough yet to make that plunge.

I'll be back later after some chores.
    Last edited by siriusly_invested; 08-20-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Mentor
    08-20-2013, 01:17 PM #12
    Hi SLY!......nice to see you back in the SIRI game. I too bought a few more at 3.61 and 3.66. Looking for a bit higher on this bounce before I lighten up those margin blocks. My sizable LONG core remains untouched as I see THEDOG much higher in the next 6-12 months....GL........LONGDUCKDONG

EDIT: Shout out to RC....what's up dog. Looks like you loaded the truck at the perfect time...congrats
    Last edited by denco1; 08-20-2013 at 01:23 PM.

08-20-2013, 01:50 PM #13
    Do we have any buyers of Verizon in the $47's?? 4+% dividend applies

Addict
    08-20-2013, 01:56 PM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    Hi SLY!......nice to see you back in the SIRI game. I too bought a few more at 3.61 and 3.66. Looking for a bit higher on this bounce before I lighten up those margin blocks. My sizable LONG core remains untouched as I see THEDOG much higher in the next 6-12 months....GL........LONGDUCKDONG

EDIT: Shout out to RC....what's up dog. Looks like you loaded the truck at the perfect time...congrats
    Hey Denco, actually there is method to my madness (getting back into SIRI), that being we want to attempt some market awareness and investment savvy in our respective adult sons and daughter. We staked each with a small cash account at TDA, bought a block of SIRI in each account, and now we hope to wake them up a few weeks down the road and illustrate how one can make a buck or two in this game..............If this experiment should backfire, I'm not even going to tell them about the TDA accounts. But obviously I want to see it succeed, and depending on how well we do, I may even consider turning over control of those accounts to them (with certain guidance that it might be best for them to do a signal check with me before they make a move). PS. We've already tried the normal approach by giving in when one of them pleaded "hey dad, can you lend us$5,000 so we can catch up on a few bills and maybe even take a cheap vacation? I'll promise to pay you back when I get my next bonus"............................ Anyone else been there, done that? Are you still waiting too?

08-20-2013, 02:57 PM #15
    I am not buying Verizon but it's a good price. I am buying shares of AT&T below $34 with the 5.3% dividend yield. Both companies are solid and aren't going anywhere anytime soon. They have a rich dividend payment history with a solid record of raising and paying it. Good Luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SlapShot27 View Post
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    08-20-2013, 03:16 PM #16
    I posted a DDD and AAPL update on my website for any that are interested. I also plan on a SIRI update, but you will need to be signed in to the site in order to view the SIRI update. Registration with my site is free.

Addict
    08-20-2013, 03:35 PM #17
    I've always felt AAPL is just too rich for my pocket book, but I've stuck with DDD through thick and thin, wishing only that I could have added a bigger chunk during this latest dip. I'd be interested to see what you have to show, Bassman, but I've drawn a complete blank as I try to recall the name of your website. Could you please offer a reminder? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    I posted a DDD and AAPL update on my website for any that are interested. I also plan on a SIRI update, but you will need to be signed in to the site in order to view the SIRI update. Registration with my site is free.

Head Honcho
    08-20-2013, 09:09 PM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Bassman, but I've drawn a complete blank as I try to recall the name of your website. Could you please offer a reminder? Thanks.
    If you click on his name in the left hand column next to his post you'll see a link called "visit homepage," that's his website. It also happens to be his "location" under his avatar.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    08-20-2013, 09:11 PM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapShot27 View Post
    Im back in Verizon if it hits 46.

47 might be a fair price but, my issue is that the price has likely been inflated by people who have poured into dividend stocks over the last year. I want the 4% but, I don't want to get burned. That said, I don't think you can go wrong betting on wireless providers long-term.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

08-20-2013, 09:21 PM #20
    The dividend yield increases as the price goes down. At some point, people are going to want that 4%+ yield in their folio. My thing is... why pay $47 for a 4%+ yield when you can get more shares of AT&T at $33.90 with 5.30% yield. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Im back in Verizon if it hits 46.

47 might be a fair price but, my issue is that the price has likely been inflated by people who have poured into dividend stocks over the last year. I want the 4% but, I don't want to get burned. That said, I don't think you can go wrong betting on wireless providers long-term.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Page 2 of 6 1234 ...