Page 1 of 6 123 ...
    08-19-2013, 02:16 PM #1

Thumbs up Siri weekly thread 08-19 to 8-25 2013

I will start this weeks thread. Good luck to everyone. Keep an eye on the 10 Year Treasury. It's creeping up as no one is buying but the fed.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    08-19-2013, 04:15 PM #2
    Ahoy to Bassman and Denco, to let you know I do appreciate your responses to my questions over the weekend. One thing I am not clear on Bass, is when you mention Steve Nison's book on candlesticks is there one particular title you have? I'm tempted to order his "Candlestick Course" and use it to complement the stuff Denco mentioned at those two respective links (Stockchart's school, and the link to Nison's quick references).

I'm a bit vague as I see how SIRI reacted today, as regards the reading of the tea leaves last Friday. I think you guys were discussing whether or not the candlestick denoted a top or a bottom, and otherwise perhaps you were surmising that it dictated which direction the market was going next. Did anyone see this down turn (or continuation of a downturn) coming?

I've been contemplating re-entry for SIRI in my portfolio and for now the only tempting entry point I see might be the small gap down around 3.50. I have a minimal play at that level and otherwise, I need to try to better understand what all is going on.

PS. If my golf game today is any hint of things to come, then I must play the Lotto, and throw caution to the wind in my stock purchase decisions......... Played out my arse with a scorecard better than any for me in the 50+ years I've been playing.......shot 3 over par.............. previous best was par plus 11, and that was many moons ago. There has to be an omen there.

Mentor
    08-19-2013, 05:06 PM #3
    Congrats on that 3 over score SLY!...man that must have felt SWEET

Every once in a while the stars align, though they have never been that STRAIGHT for me unfortunately on the course. Sure does sound like we are either in for a BIG BOUNCE or a BIG TAKEDOWN after that type of course action.

The Friday close needed confirmation today and I thought we were getting it early but *they* then pulled the rug in orderly fashion all day long. The break of 3.68 negated the reversal and now here we are in SMs kitchen eating his Schnitzels, at least I am. Hope to see a bounce soon as THEDOG is a bit on the oversold side with the SLOSTO at historically bounce levels.....GLTA

Mentor
    08-19-2013, 05:28 PM #4
    Shares of Sirius XM Radio (SIRI) ended the day down 2.4%, and was falling 0.2% in after-hours trading. Yet Lazard Capital Market’s Barton Crockett thinks that the shares could rise nearly 40%, to $5.

Lazard Capital: Street Overlooking SIRI’s MLB Renewal; Nearly 40% Upside

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderd...d=yahoobarrons

“We see these deals as a meaningful step up in content that drives sub growth and separates Sirius XM from music services like Pandora (P) and Spotify,” they write. “We also believe these deals are consistent with guidance for long-term program cost improvements.”

Lazard's target price of $5 is currently the highest analyst target on the street......I think?

That’s the target price he and Clark Lampen have on the shares, which they rate a Buy. In a note out today, they write that the Street should have taken the announcement Monday morning that Sirius and MLB renewed their agreement to extend live broadcasts through 2021 as a more bullish sign.
    EDIT: Hope this gives THEDOG a kick in the A$$ tomorrow........
    Last edited by denco1; 08-19-2013 at 05:44 PM.

Addict
    08-19-2013, 05:58 PM #5
    My target buy price was $3.58, but I went ahead and finished loading the truck today We are either fixing to do like we did in June and walk the BB down til this beocth has no choice but to bounce to new levels, or we bounce soon, and show these mo fuchers what their dealing with....doesn't matter to me I'm all in. GLA

http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel....8#.UhKU5MTD-00

Key word Residual income, If you want to be in the game you got to come thru us Beocthes!!! Pandora, Spotify, Apple. The way they are doing this is awesome, you can have an Apple, or an App, or whatever you want, from whoever you want you, but you'll be coming thru our headunit and it'll cost you a nickel. Check Mate!!!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Redcloud; 08-19-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Mentor
    08-19-2013, 06:14 PM #6
    Even if they do walk the Beoch down, they still bounced it twice on the way down in June.....we are due for a bounce soon..

Addict
    08-19-2013, 07:05 PM #7
    I'm thinking it's gonna be more like April, we go back up, then down, then gone. But things are getting more different by the day, Sooner or later, Malone drives this ship, and not the MM's. No-ones mentioned, we will have a way now to increase our monthly subs payments , getting rid of Siri or Xm, once and for all (soon as FM-6 Launches, hopefully) , and simply be SiriusXM . It's fixing to be "a le carte" time, new pay scale coming to a town near you.

And speaking of FM-6, If they launch it un-scheduled and it launches successfully, it will make the news, a few days after that, and the ball will start rolling

But together we are right Denco, and we are definitely fixing to bounce GLA

Redcloud's Rules of Investing: #1 Buy on a Bad Day!!!

This is what I've been trying to get my head wrapped around....."The deal will enable SIRIUS XM to offer both satellite services and wireless services." How can they say that? If I was guessing, we are in a contract with AT&T to provide wireless (even tho it sounds like we will be delivering it) for a certain amount of time, but does that contract say we can't offer our hardware to any other carriers and if so, how long? Of course we would want to be on Verizon, and Sprint....ect. eventually. I feel like it's more of a hardware contract, just like the cell phone makers have with carriers. Won't be long the cell manufacturers, will want us in their phones, so they can get a piece of the pie...It goes on and on...Insurance Companies wanting to keep up with drivers behaviors to Major distributors, like Walmart, wanting to keep up with trucking inventory, to the car that drives itself... The possibilities are endless at this point. And we are gonna be at the forefront!!!

http://www.zacks.com/stock/news/1068...matics-segment
    Last edited by Redcloud; 08-19-2013 at 07:56 PM.

Mentor
    08-19-2013, 08:39 PM #8
    Picked up some at 3.65! Didnot get my larger lot at 3.60...Looking for that gap to fill...theyve taken it down this far...what's another dime!! Will be buying all the way down...for maximum $$ on way back up!!

JS
    Last edited by just sirius; 08-19-2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: oops

Mentor
    08-19-2013, 08:42 PM #9
    Speaking of Apple...rode that beotch down from 478 all the way to 388( I think) picked up afew more going down...riding this pig all the way back to the top!!!

JS

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    08-19-2013, 10:46 PM #10
    i have his book "Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques" 2nd edition. I believe its hardcover only.

EDIT: and SLY, good to see you posting again. i hope things are well for you and your family….
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Ahoy to Bassman and Denco, to let you know I do appreciate your responses to my questions over the weekend. One thing I am not clear on Bass, is when you mention Steve Nison's book on candlesticks is there one particular title you have? I'm tempted to order his "Candlestick Course" and use it to complement the stuff Denco mentioned at those two respective links (Stockchart's school, and the link to Nison's quick references).

I'm a bit vague as I see how SIRI reacted today, as regards the reading of the tea leaves last Friday. I think you guys were discussing whether or not the candlestick denoted a top or a bottom, and otherwise perhaps you were surmising that it dictated which direction the market was going next. Did anyone see this down turn (or continuation of a downturn) coming?

I've been contemplating re-entry for SIRI in my portfolio and for now the only tempting entry point I see might be the small gap down around 3.50. I have a minimal play at that level and otherwise, I need to try to better understand what all is going on.

PS. If my golf game today is any hint of things to come, then I must play the Lotto, and throw caution to the wind in my stock purchase decisions......... Played out my arse with a scorecard better than any for me in the 50+ years I've been playing.......shot 3 over par.............. previous best was par plus 11, and that was many moons ago. There has to be an omen there.
    Last edited by Limit5Bass; 08-20-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ...