Page 5 of 10 ... 34567 ...
    Addict
    08-14-2013, 09:16 AM #41
    'morning all. Wow, that sure was a downer produced by XONE's quarterly report. Too bad the other 3-D operators had to take a sympathetic hit as well..... but I too took advantage with more DDD in the boat.

Hey Bass, those feeder creeks sound like a great place to play. I'd love to be there with my ultra-light fly gear........and see how one of those Steelys would feel.

And speaking of "fall weather", I was recently browsing for investment candidates paying decent dividends. Would you believe the best I found (paying 5.6%) is one called PLOW........ Guess what their business is........... how about snow removal equipment....
    And if you look at their chart, you'll simply scratch your head in amazement and wonder how the heck they do that (pay dividends)........most confused history track you'll ever see.

08-14-2013, 09:52 AM #42
    Morning guys/gals! If you are looking for a income producing investment, I would take a look at telecoms right now. You have AT&T paying a 5.2%+ dividend yield. Verizon's is over 4%+. The dividend is paid quarterly and with kids going back to school, you will see an increase in new subs, data devices, etc... Where else are you going to earn that kind of return? Not in CD's, Savings, etc... You want to earn a steady income, buy the telecoms!

Keep in mind too... that AT&T has partnered with Sirius XM.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    08-14-2013, 09:55 AM #43
    i don't mean to clog the forum with fishing pics, but i didn't see how to send the pic in a private message…..

Sly,

Here is a pic of my first steelhead that i landed last year, a respectable 5-6lb steelhead. I had one hooked last week that was around 20lbs……the couple minute fight was awesome until he went under some logs and broke off

IMAG0311.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    'morning all. Wow, that sure was a downer produced by XONE's quarterly report. Too bad the other 3-D operators had to take a sympathetic hit as well..... but I too took advantage with more DDD in the boat.

Hey Bass, those feeder creeks sound like a great place to play. I'd love to be there with my ultra-light fly gear........and see how one of those Steelys would feel.

And speaking of "fall weather", I was recently browsing for investment candidates paying decent dividends. Would you believe the best I found (paying 5.6%) is one called PLOW........ Guess what their business is........... how about snow removal equipment....
    And if you look at their chart, you'll simply scratch your head in amazement and wonder how the heck they do that (pay dividends)........most confused history track you'll ever see.

Mentor
    08-14-2013, 10:05 AM #44
    Nice Fish BassMan!

Not a fisher myself but that looks like a SWEET catch.

Volume picking up for THEDOG. Held and bounced off of the 18 sma at 3.77. Picked up my blocks from yesterday at 3.78 for a possible quick trade......we'll see.

Addict
    08-14-2013, 10:20 AM #45
    Bassman, now that is my kind of day. Good going.............. PS. Little different arena here, offshore in a 30' boat with no-less-than 8 rigs in the water at a time. Last week we boated ten nice Mahi Mahi (dolphin, to those who are unfamiliar) all about the size of that steelhead in your picture. The time before that, it was the same number of black fin tuna, also about that size........ And when I get bored, or the seas are too ugly to go out on a given day, I fly fish in my backyard canal where I usually pick up a bass or two.

Okay, enough fish clogging.......... back to making money. Midas, thanks for those dividend tips. I picked up some EXC and have my eye on JCI, each with attractive dividend yields. I'll take a look at those telecoms too as you suggest.

Mentor
    08-14-2013, 10:43 AM #46
    Looks like we may test that middle BB at 3.76. If that doesn't hold I may have to cut my losses and wait for a bit lower. Sold my lots at 3.79 for small gain but re bought again at 3.78 which may have been a bit early......

Enthusiast
    08-14-2013, 11:24 AM #47
    Who in the hell is Eddie Poilin? It's like he's the second coming. Every news artical is about him.

Mentor
    08-14-2013, 11:44 AM #48
    I am amazed at the size of THEDOGSBALLS today. Thought for sure they would test the middle BB on the spike down in the Macro. Still holding those blocks.... Let's hope the OLAY isn't on the way later today.......

08-14-2013, 12:51 PM #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazareth View Post
    Who in the hell is Eddie Poilin? It's like he's the second coming. Every news artical is about him.
    If you lived in Los Angeles, you would know who 'Piolin" is. I am not a fan... Just sayin... He has quite a following

Addict
    08-14-2013, 02:11 PM #50
    29% Institutional Ownership as of 6/30 is just sad

Page 5 of 10 ... 34567 ...