07-19-2013, 04:04 PM #1

Unhappy Confusion reigns at Sirius (a dark side)

May 15, 2013

I have a lifetime subscription (Sirius Premier) -

May 15, 2013 called Sirius on the phone about getting Sirius radio on my devices.
    Was told I had to change accounts, and for $14.99 per-month receive the internet radio service.

July 19, 2013 (Today); Logged into my account and saw an offer to add Premium
    Internet Radio for $3.50 per month. Had a chat with a Sirius person who confirmed.

I then called Sirius Radio and was told that internet radio on a 'device' not a PC/Mac
    was free with my premier lifetime subscription. I then downloaded the app and
    received an error logging-in, indicating I was not eligible to receive internet radio with
    my current subscription.

Sirius customer service then came back and said that, yes for $3.50 a month I can
    get the service. Just add this on-line. So I went online and selected premium internet
    radio. The cost $9.99 per/month. Whoa -

OK, back to the phone. The customer service rep says, yes $3.50 a month is correct.

She said there must be a glitch

I signed up for the service on the phone, $37.49 for the year.

But really, is it training? Is it a way to lead the public consumer astray

Head Honcho
    07-20-2013, 04:48 PM #2
    Their customer service is notoriously bad. There's no two ways about it. If you're a fan of the company or the stock, its sad really.

As far as I know, it should cost you $3.50 per month to add the internet feed onto your account. Personally I think lifetimes should get it for free but, who cares what I think.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

09-15-2013, 11:41 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Their customer service is notoriously bad. There's no two ways about it. If you're a fan of the company or the stock, its sad really.

As far as I know, it should cost you $3.50 per month to add the internet feed onto your account. Personally I think lifetimes should get it for free but, who cares what I think.
    I have two lifetime subs and have the free "PC only" streaming. I called to convert one to the $3.50 since it's advertised on my account as an addition.

I asked why the smartphone streaming isn't supported on the lifetime account. The rep (who actually was US based and knowledgable) said when Sirius included the free streaming for lifetime accounts, it was pre-smartphones (apps). He said the reason you can't stream for free on an app is due to the development and technical costs associated with building the apps.

Lame reason, but it is what it is.

You can forego your free lifetime PC streaming to get the $3.50 (and undoubtedly higher as time goes on) streaming option for your smartphone. You just loose your free internet streaming forever once you switch. Or you can pay the full price for a premium internet plan as an add-on if you don't want to lose your free lifetime internet streaming access. Up to you.

11-06-2013, 08:20 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
    I have two lifetime subs and have the free "PC only" streaming. I called to convert one to the $3.50 since it's advertised on my account as an addition.
    I also have two lifetime subscriptions. I wanted to get streaming onto the sirius radio in my bedroom to listen to radio classics. After much to do I discovered that you can get streaming onto devices like internet radios, but it will cost 3.50 per month which is half the normal cost which I did to one of my accounts. Also, once converted to pay, I can no longer go back with that account to get free streaming to a personal computer.