Page 2 of 2 12
    Enthusiast
    08-21-2008, 09:17 PM #11

Caught Off Guard?

Was SIRI (Mel) caught off guard by the merger approval? We may never know. In many ways, that's the way things look (from the outside looking in - which is the only perspective that I have). Anyway, WJD - Did you see any good bargains on Satellite Radios at Best Buy that you can recall that you can share with us here?

From Demon: So would you as a business rather have a big market blitz advertising your new price or using football in this time of recession

I would rather not have been gang raped by the merger "metrics", but that is a non sequitor. Your "either - or" scenario also represents a rhetorical device. Certainly some balance could be struck. Some clean up, some advertising, some football ads and a big blitz for new products when the time is right. The perception is a company in chaos. Much of it is generated by the Cramer troll's continued hyperventilated ranting (lying), but much of it is also self-inflicted.

Enthusiast
    08-21-2008, 09:24 PM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by deewcom View Post
    Was SIRI (Mel) caught off guard by the merger approval? We may never know. In many ways, that's the way things look (from the outside looking in - which is the only perspective that I have). Anyway, WJD - Did you see any good bargains on Satellite Radios at Best Buy that you can recall that you can share with us here?

From Demon: So would you as a business rather have a big market blitz advertising your new price or using football in this time of recession

I would rather not have been gang raped by the merger "metrics", but that is a non sequitor. Your "either - or" scenario also represents a rhetorical device. Certainly some balance could be struck. Some clean up, some advertising, some football ads and a big blitz for new products when the time is right. The perception is a company in chaos. Much of it is generated by the Cramer troll's continued hyperventilated ranting (lying), but much of it is also self-inflicted.
    Deewcom Remember, the fact is until SiriXM was formed Mel couldn't see XM due to them being a competitor. If I remember right, Mel said this at the Town Hall Meeting, He may of had a plan but there is very complicated legal issues
    Last edited by demonotaku; 08-21-2008 at 09:26 PM.

Page 2 of 2 12