Page 1 of 2 12
    08-20-2008, 08:40 PM #1

When will we see TV commercials?

Do you think they are waiting until they actually have some stuff to "sell"? New alacarte radios, Best-of package, etc?

It kind of sucks that the merger happened, and the consumer really wouldn't know unless they happened to read the business section.

Enthusiast
    08-21-2008, 01:03 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by zcurzan View Post
    Do you think they are waiting until they actually have some stuff to "sell"? New alacarte radios, Best-of package, etc?

It kind of sucks that the merger happened, and the consumer really wouldn't know unless they happened to read the business section.
    If your from Portland Or, the weekend of the merger it was on Every News Cast that weekend.

Guru
    08-21-2008, 08:42 AM #3
    Im guessing they need to advertise "something", meaning right now the product is no different than before the merger...I keep reading that they announced new program packages, but really they haven't because you can't buy them yet....once you can buy, they will advertise IMO.

Enthusiast
    08-21-2008, 02:09 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Im guessing they need to advertise "something", meaning right now the product is no different than before the merger...I keep reading that they announced new program packages, but really they haven't because you can't buy them yet....once you can buy, they will advertise IMO.
    That plus XM/Sirius couldn't sit down and plan this out till the FCC Approval due to the DOJ felt they were competitors till then, Labor day is a quick time to announce all this even tho to the outside we are waiting, because they have to draw or add to contracts the best of clause

Banned
    08-21-2008, 02:47 PM #5
    I call bullshit!

Sirius has had the NFL for years. Football season kicks off this weekend and there should have been, as there should have been for years now, a major campaign of every team, every game!

There are tens of millions of out of market NFL fans who do not subscribe to direct TV. As a Dolphin fan who lives in the Northeast, this is one of my favorite things about Sirius....especially this time of year. The boys come over on Sundays and we barbeque and listen to the game on the back deck, shoot hoops or entertain the masses....

Yet not 1 commercial has been played. Not one print ad has been spotted...

Sirius is fumbling the ball on this one...in fact, this will be the topic of my next article...damn near word for word....

Enthusiast
    08-21-2008, 02:57 PM #6

Perception Management

Perception is everything. Right now perception ain't too good. With Paranoid Cramer running his mouth and no news strong enough to raise the SP, we haven't got much to work with. Added to that perception is the perception that Mel seemed ill-prepared or at least underprepared for the merger of the two companies. The website, the lack of products, the logo, the lack of advertising, and more.

What I'm klinging to is the idea that Mel will show some aces around Labor Day. I am hoping that what I perceive is incorrect (or at least won't matter) and that Mel is simply holding his cards close to his chest.

Got to get the product to market and sell it. There is still plenty of time to do it. Its just painful seeing nothing going on from the sidelines.

08-21-2008, 04:01 PM #7
    SIRI LONG Run Blue Dog Run
    Last edited by WJDJFD; 08-21-2008 at 04:06 PM. Reason: entered 2 times

08-21-2008, 04:04 PM #8
    I was in Best Buy today.
    The shelves and advertizing for SiriusXM have not changed since the merger. Most devices are marked clearance and sitting in a corner looking like returned junk. I would think that SiruisXM would hit the stores and make a decent representation of of the newly merged company by Cleaning up its displays and installing new SIRUISXM merger announcement posters.
    I fully understand that we are waiting for new products and announcements. But the displays in their current state are showing a dead company.

SIRI LONG
    Last edited by WJDJFD; 08-21-2008 at 04:11 PM.

08-21-2008, 04:11 PM #9
    Sorry new to the forum

SIRI LONG

Enthusiast
    08-21-2008, 04:29 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    I call bullshit!

Sirius has had the NFL for years. Football season kicks off this weekend and there should have been, as there should have been for years now, a major campaign of every team, every game!

There are tens of millions of out of market NFL fans who do not subscribe to direct TV. As a Dolphin fan who lives in the Northeast, this is one of my favorite things about Sirius....especially this time of year. The boys come over on Sundays and we barbeque and listen to the game on the back deck, shoot hoops or entertain the masses....

Yet not 1 commercial has been played. Not one print ad has been spotted...

Sirius is fumbling the ball on this one...in fact, this will be the topic of my next article...damn near word for word....
    Sirius Fumbling the ball? the reason why Stern even is signed was because NFL Didn't do what they were supposed to if i remember right (ex - Advertising) which gave sirius the money for stern cause they didn't have to pay NFL so much, Plus if you think about it most people won't buy one knowing the A-la-cart radios are coming in a 2 months! So would you as a business rather have a big market blitz advertising your new price or using football in this time of recession

Page 1 of 2 12