Page 1 of 2 12
    Addict
    06-21-2013, 11:20 AM #1

SIRI stock, Friday June 21

Well, as far as the stock market is concerned, I'm licking my wounds like everyone else this week. I guess the only saving grace (to my mental state) is the wonderful win by my Heat last night. Congratulations to all Spurs fans for a scrappy, intense and fair played series, especially the last two games which surely go down in history as being among the best ever played. Denco, I'll be sure to let you know when we can come to Vegas to collect the bet.

Now that we have that little distraction behind us, I suggest we must decide how to best manage our respective investment portfolios, or at least learn how to identify and take advantage of our next buy opportunities. I personally feel this downturn is only temporary, is a much overdue correction, and will see a bottom (and turn around) soon.

06-21-2013, 11:24 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Well, as far as the stock market is concerned, I'm licking my wounds like everyone else this week. I guess the only saving grace (to my mental state) is the wonderful win by my Heat last night. Congratulations to all Spurs fans for a scrappy, intense and fair played series, especially the last two games which surely go down in history as being among the best ever played. Denco, I'll be sure to let you know when we can come to Vegas to collect the bet.

Now that we have that little distraction behind us, I suggest we must decide how to best manage our respective investment portfolios, or at least learn how to identify and take advantage of our next buy opportunities. I personally feel this downturn is only temporary, is a much overdue correction, and will see a bottom (and turn around) soon.
    agreed. although i have some SIRI and LEDS at some high prices I am kinda liking this correction as I will be looking to buy some stocks on bargain. Looking at RAD and MTG and of course some more SIRI (and maybe more LEDS too). only hard part is guessing the bottom

Addict
    06-21-2013, 12:18 PM #3
    Jackweed, I too have my eye on new entry points on RAD and LEDS. From my novice point of view on the charts, I'm going to be watching for them to see a bottom and subsequent bounce off of 2.60 and 1.63, respectively. Obviously, with this market taking a serious dump however, I'll be cautious and careful not to be too eager at those price levels lest they should decide to dip even lower. Here's how I see the charts today:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Addict
    06-21-2013, 04:28 PM #4
    So much for the green Fuching Friday!!! Forgot options expired today. Thinking of taking some profits from other positions and taking advantage of these bargain basement prices. Tried to pick up some sept $3.50 calls for .12 but never filled.

@JS, If you bought under $3.20 brother, you ought to be sitting TIGHT, imo. Nice buys!!!

Here's some history, CC's marked by a red box, 2009-2012

A 2009 june-aug.png

A 2010 jun-sept.png
    Last edited by Redcloud; 06-21-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Addict
    06-21-2013, 04:52 PM #5
    A 2011 june-sept.png

A 2012 june-aug.png

It's hard comparing where we are now to any of those years, being the struggles we have come from. I hope we are building up to be better than last year. Everything is shaping up to look that way. But then again we went from 2.41 to 1.80 during these times last year, so go figure. GLA
    Last edited by Redcloud; 06-21-2013 at 05:30 PM.

06-21-2013, 05:21 PM #6
    Are they sharing the SIRI tree for weak hands? Or are we catching a falling knife? We're down a lot harder than most of the rest of the market since the Fed news broke.

Addict
    06-21-2013, 05:34 PM #7
    I hope it is Malone and company wanting to pick up cheap shares.
    That can't do nothing but help our bottom line. When was the last time they bought, $3.159?

06-21-2013, 05:45 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcloud View Post
    I hope it is Malone and company wanting to pick up cheap shares.
    That can't do nothing but help our bottom line. When was the last time they bought, $3.159?
    Heavy volume today too. I wouldn't be as concerned about the decline if it wasn't for the volume.

Addict
    06-21-2013, 05:57 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by switchflare View Post
    Heavy volume today too. I wouldn't be as concerned about the decline if it wasn't for the volume.

If they are smart business folks, and I'm sure they are, they would want high volume when ready to buy, especially with the amount of shares that's gonna be purchased. I fear not they are gonna throw us to the wolves.
    Last edited by Redcloud; 06-21-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Mentor
    06-22-2013, 08:35 PM #10
    Red

Picked up some at 3.20...and loaded up pretty heavy at 3.15!!! If we cont to go lower...I'll rob a Starbucks and buy somemore!!

Ok...it wont be a Starbucks...but it will be somethin!

JS

Sly...congrats to the HEAT...they turned it up when it counts!!

Page 1 of 2 12