06-18-2013, 06:56 PM #1

SXV200v1 Will not activate

I'm a long time user of Sirius and have installed several receivers in the past.

Long story short.
    Installed a Pioneer deck with a SXV200v1 SiriusXM receiver. Got it activated and has been working fine for a few months. Couple days ago I had to do some work on my car and had the battery disconnected for a few hours. After that the receiver lost it's subscription and only gets channel 0 (zero) and 1.

I attempted to send a refresh to the receiver 3x over a couple of hours time. No change.
    Then I called Sirius, got the typical robot support only to end the day in the same situation.

Today I strapped on my climbing boots for the long haul. Ended up at tech support only for them to tell me I needed to take the SXV200v1 receiver to a stereo shop and have a "hard reset" performed on it. When I interrogated the support person on exactly what that detailed all I got was (what I think) a non descriptive BS answer.

Is there any such thing as a "hard reset"? If so, is this something I can do on my own.

And yes I defaulted/reset my deck and unplugged the SXV200v1 for a few hours during my own troubleshooting process.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Head Honcho
    06-18-2013, 07:24 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by rodentkj View Post
    Is there any such thing as a "hard reset"? If so, is this something I can do on my own.
    There is such a thing but, I don't know how it would apply to a SiriusXM tuner. There are ways to hard reset a computer but resetting the board for this unit seems like a highly specialized process that would likely cost more than the unit is worth. Is it under warranty?

I know you said you unplugged it from your head unit but, did you also cut the power? Or is it powered by the head unit?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-18-2013, 07:37 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    There is such a thing but, I don't know how it would apply to a SiriusXM tuner.
    Well I'm specifically looking for the "hard reset" process for the receiver itself. Again I think this was a BS answer to get me off the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I know you said you unplugged it from your head unit but, did you also cut the power? Or is it powered by the head unit?
    Yes. It's powered by the single cable that connects to the Pioneer deck.

Head Honcho
    06-18-2013, 08:32 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by rodentkj View Post
    Well I'm specifically looking for the "hard reset" process for the receiver itself. Again I think this was a BS answer to get me off the phone.
    I'm sure there is a way to do it but, there is no magic button for you to press. A hard reset usually refers to wiping the software from the board.

Did you ask them how to perform it for the SXV200?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

12-08-2013, 07:34 PM #5
    Did you ever get a resolution to this? I'm having the same problem with a SXV200 that came with an Alpine head unit. Xm told me I got the wrong version, I needed the sxv200av1 instead of a sxv200v1? I said this one came with the head unit! Again, I think they were just trying to get me off the phone. Any help would be appreciated.

04-23-2014, 10:19 AM #6
    Has anyone found a fix to this issue? I've had this happen to me twice in the last 6-7months with two different SXV200V1 tuners hooked up to my Pioneer 5500BHS.

Like to original poster, I have spent hours on the phone with Sirius customer service, jumping through their hoops and refresh signals.