I had several communications with a passionate Arena investor today. Thought some may be interested. I will call the person "writer X". Writer X decided to discuss the emails on the internet in a disparaging way. Thus, to set the record straight I will simply put the record up for you to view yourself. I have removed anything that would identify the writer, and censored curse words (though you can tell what was written)

The email chain is 62 messages long and starts out with Writer X emailing me.

Writer X @ 9:35 AM
"A prostitute has more honors than you"

Spencer @9:52 AM
"Take your emotions out of the mix for a moment and re-read the article. It is not about how the drug works, whether it is good or bad, or any of that. It is about how this can impact investors.

Do you disagree that the best people to respond to the CR article is Arena and Eisai?

I stated that arena and Eisai are doing their part to get the word out to the media. Do you disagree?

I stated that arena and Eisai are doing their part to get the word out to doctors and insurance companies. Do you disagree?

I stated that through the web arena and Eisai can address these types of issues by engaging the consumer on a personal level. Do you disagree?

I stated that CR will not be the determine factor in the success or failure of Belviq and that company success is tied to traction over time. Do you disagree?

I stated that the CR piece is a bump in the road and that if a product is better than those bumps it will prevail. Do you disagree?

I stated that the sales results will set the bar on this equity. Do you disagree?

You can call me names, but it just goes to demonstrate that you are assigning too much emotion to your investment.

You will likely now spin, dance, and hop around being frustrated because if you answer the questions above and step back for a moment you will realize that your entire focus on the article is wrong."

Writer X @ 9:55 AM
"GO TO FUC%ING HELLL" (censored by me)

Writer X @ 9:56 AM
"$100 SA payment prostitute"

Writer X @ 9:57 AM
"I DON'T GIVE A FU%K ABOUT THE CONTENT OF YOUR MESSAGE OR YOUR INTENTIONS

YOU'RE AMPLIFYING A SH%T REPORT IN YOUR TITLE AND BY DOING SO YOU HELP THE CROOKS. THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT."

Spencer @ 10:03
"Nope. Not $100. Actually not even close. You are way to emotional and jumping to conclusions based on that emotion."

Writer X @ 10:05
"F%CK OFF"

Spencer @ 10:10
"Step back and calm your emotions down.

If you think about it, an informed investor is the best way to combat the big boys of the street. Believe it or not, they would much rather have small retails be ignorant to one side or the other. In other words, if retailers are all excited and bullish the big boys can take advantage of that. If retailers are all bearish they will take advantage of that. An informed investment community is the hardest thing for them to take advantage of.

I am not magnifying the CR article. That article will be read by 10's of thousands. I am stating that the article is essentially noise and a bump in the road. My article will be read by a few thousand, and those that read it properly will understand that the message in the piece has nothing to do with the drug, but rather the investment.

You are way to emotional, and that shows through in your lack of responses to the questions I posed to you, coupled with your instant jump to using caps and swearing. Step back and look at things from a different perspective."

Writer X @ 10:21
"F%CK OFF. YOUR TITLE SAYS IT ALL
I DON'T WANT TO READ YOUR F%CKING MESSAGE."

Spencer @ 10:34
"You are the one that contacted me. It is clear you are a frustrated and emotional individual today. We are certainly not getting anywhere in this conversation with you feeling the way you are."

Writer X @ 10:35
"I contacted you to say you're an as%hole. I didn't invite a conversation because the damage you did is already done and there's nothing you can do to reverse it."

Spencer @10:36
"If you can not be reasonable, then there is little that we can accomplish. Perhaps it would be best for you to set aside this issue for a few hours and gather your composure. I am certainly willing to have an intelligent conversation when you are ready"

Continued Next Post