Thread: Passionate Arena Investor

Hybrid View

Passionate Arena Investor

I had several communications with a passionate Arena investor today. Thought some may be interested. I will call the person "writer X". Writer X decided to discuss the emails on the internet in a disparaging way. Thus, to set the record straight I will simply put the record up for you to view yourself. I have removed anything that would identify the writer, and censored curse words (though you can tell what was written)

The email chain is 62 messages long and starts out with Writer X emailing me.

Writer X @ 9:35 AM
    "A prostitute has more honors than you"

Spencer @9:52 AM
    "Take your emotions out of the mix for a moment and re-read the article. It is not about how the drug works, whether it is good or bad, or any of that. It is about how this can impact investors.

Do you disagree that the best people to respond to the CR article is Arena and Eisai?

I stated that arena and Eisai are doing their part to get the word out to the media. Do you disagree?

I stated that arena and Eisai are doing their part to get the word out to doctors and insurance companies. Do you disagree?

I stated that through the web arena and Eisai can address these types of issues by engaging the consumer on a personal level. Do you disagree?

I stated that CR will not be the determine factor in the success or failure of Belviq and that company success is tied to traction over time. Do you disagree?

I stated that the CR piece is a bump in the road and that if a product is better than those bumps it will prevail. Do you disagree?

I stated that the sales results will set the bar on this equity. Do you disagree?

You can call me names, but it just goes to demonstrate that you are assigning too much emotion to your investment.

You will likely now spin, dance, and hop around being frustrated because if you answer the questions above and step back for a moment you will realize that your entire focus on the article is wrong."

Writer X @ 9:55 AM
    "GO TO FUC%ING HELLL" (censored by me)

Writer X @ 9:56 AM
    "$100 SA payment prostitute"

Writer X @ 9:57 AM
    "I DON'T GIVE A FU%K ABOUT THE CONTENT OF YOUR MESSAGE OR YOUR INTENTIONS

YOU'RE AMPLIFYING A SH%T REPORT IN YOUR TITLE AND BY DOING SO YOU HELP THE CROOKS. THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT."

Spencer @ 10:03
    "Nope. Not $100. Actually not even close. You are way to emotional and jumping to conclusions based on that emotion."

Writer X @ 10:05
    "F%CK OFF"

Spencer @ 10:10
    "Step back and calm your emotions down.

If you think about it, an informed investor is the best way to combat the big boys of the street. Believe it or not, they would much rather have small retails be ignorant to one side or the other. In other words, if retailers are all excited and bullish the big boys can take advantage of that. If retailers are all bearish they will take advantage of that. An informed investment community is the hardest thing for them to take advantage of.

I am not magnifying the CR article. That article will be read by 10's of thousands. I am stating that the article is essentially noise and a bump in the road. My article will be read by a few thousand, and those that read it properly will understand that the message in the piece has nothing to do with the drug, but rather the investment.

You are way to emotional, and that shows through in your lack of responses to the questions I posed to you, coupled with your instant jump to using caps and swearing. Step back and look at things from a different perspective."

Writer X @ 10:21
    "F%CK OFF. YOUR TITLE SAYS IT ALL
    I DON'T WANT TO READ YOUR F%CKING MESSAGE."

Spencer @ 10:34
    "You are the one that contacted me. It is clear you are a frustrated and emotional individual today. We are certainly not getting anywhere in this conversation with you feeling the way you are."

Writer X @ 10:35
    "I contacted you to say you're an as%hole. I didn't invite a conversation because the damage you did is already done and there's nothing you can do to reverse it."

Spencer @10:36
    "If you can not be reasonable, then there is little that we can accomplish. Perhaps it would be best for you to set aside this issue for a few hours and gather your composure. I am certainly willing to have an intelligent conversation when you are ready"

Continued Next Post

Writer X @ 10:46
    "I only read the first 3 words of your mail.

You can't talk about being reasonable when you promote bullsh%t and lies about arena -- the CR report contains flat out lies -- and like a good prostitute you jumped on the band wagon to trash arena"

Spencer @ 10:57
    "If you took a moment to read the article correctly you would see that all I am saying is that the article exists, is not positive, that investors should understand that it is a bumo [typo] in the road, and listed several things that arena and eisai are doing that are vey [typo] positive. In fact, the article actually focuses on the positives. I am not sure whether it is your emotions that are getting in the way of you comorehending [typo] this or something else. I asked you several questions and you appear to be too emotional to answer them right now. It is why I suggested you step awzy [typo] for a bit" (sent from my phone - big thumbs, little virtual buttons)

Writer X @ 11:09
    "I DON'T need to read the article. I read the headline and the link and over 10000 people got to read the f%cking consumer report which has many problems because of you as%hole and you 50 dollar payment. go to hell"

Spencer @ 11:15
    "So now you are stating that you did not read the article and had an emotional response to simply the title. You are calling me names, and getting all bent out of shape without even reading the article. Very interesting. At least we have now confirmed a few things.

1. You jump to conclusions without getting all of the information or even attempting to.
    2. You are overly emotional about your investment.
    3. When frustrated, due to your own emotions ions, you yell, scream, and call names
    4. You will not take the time to do the research when it is presented to you.
    5. You lack the courage to answer the simple questions posed to you.

As I have stated, I am perfectly willing to have a meaningful dialogue with you when you are rational."

Writer X @ 11:33
    "I didn't need to read the article -- I also don't read your emails beyond the first few words. The damage is done. All I needed to know is that you distributed a message to over 10000 people about a crap report just to gain some dollars and to further whatever sick agenda you may have."

Spencer @ 11:37
    "Clearly you have some issues that perhaps professional assistance might help with. You are contacting me, acknowledging that you did not read the article or my responses to you and essentially making up what you want and assigning your made up beliefs to me. That is a serious issue. There is no damage. The article is actually positive if you possess the right mindset to see that. Again, please take some time to calm down and collect your thoughts. I have no agenda. Clearly you do."

Writer X @ 11:46
    "I am very very clear about thinking you're an as%hole and I have more respect for prostitutes than you. That's ok be that way"

Spencer @11:53
    "You are very clear that you are basing your opinion on your own imagination. You can act out however you want to. It simply goes further to point out some underlying issues. If you had an ounce of self worth you would do more to practice what you preach

"Dedicated to a new millennium of love, friendship, dialogue, harmony, understanding, cooperation, and cultural exchange"

It it quite interesting that you ave taken the course you have today. I have tried to have a dialogue with you despite the fact that you started off the conversation calling me names. You ave demonstrated for a few hours now that you can not carry on a dialogue and would rather believe your preconceived notions that you made up yourself.

Again, pease take some time to settle down and if you so desire, we can certainly have a meaningful conversation."

Continued Next Post

Writer X @ 11:59
    "IT'S NOT my imagination that you got 10k+ people pointed to that fu%king report
    that's all I need to know and it's not an opinion"

Spencer @12:17
    "You are still being emotional. I did not get 10,000 + people to look at anything. Just because seeking alpha sends out emails does not mean people open them. But that is beside the point.

The fact is that I essentially call the CR report a simple bump in the road. People should know that the report is there and exists, not bury their head in the sand.

Writer X, when you gather your faculties and are ready to be the person you profess to be, we can have a meaningful conversation. You have already admitted that you have jumped to your conclusions without even reading the article. That is the very definition of an emotionally unstable person that does not understand logic or reason. You simply can not see that your imagination is what is getting you so angry."

Writer X @ 12:31
    "This article was sent to 12,577 people who get email alerts on ARNA.

THis is not a question of me and emotions or whatever else you want to imagine. I am pissed off at you b/c of your stupid action to earn a fu%king 50 bucks unless you're on some asshole's payroll to bash arna"

Spencer @ 1:16
    "You did not even read it and simply made up a negative opinion based on a title. That is your own shortcoming and your own imagination. You are pissed off because of your own imagination. Think about it. You did not read the article and therefore have no idea what the content is, yet get pissed off. This is a clear signal that your imagination is getting the best of you.

I am in no way on anyone's payroll to write anything about ARNA or any other equity for that matter. This is once again your imagination at work. We seem to have a pattern here in that you let your mind convince you of things that simply are not real. Try to calm down and try not to let your imaginations get the best of you. It clearly makes you overly emotional."
    Continued next pos

Writer X @ 1:42
    "I didn't need to read it
    Headline is enough to kill psychology -- you attacked arena with a very very negative headline and immediate link to a sh%t article - that's all i need to know"

Writer X @ 1:55
    "And that sh%t report would not have been syndicated on news wires if it wasn't for your fu%king article,. You knew exactly what you were doing as%hole

THat's why I have more respect for prostitutes.

Spencer @ 2:25
    "You are simply well off base and have dug a hole so deep you can not find a way out. You are too emotional, and lack the courage to see it. I feel sorry for you in that regard"

Spencer @2:28
    "You are going on and on and on and you have not even read that the article I wrote is not negative about arena. You are way to emotional. You can call me names all day, and what does it accomplish? Nothing. It shows your lack of self worth and your lack of emotional control. As I have said, I am perfectly willing to have a rational conversation with you, but we need to start from a place of reason. You are not there yet"

Writer X @ 2:28
    "I am 100% on base. Notice I only respond to your first few words b/c I have no reason to read the rest. It's all very very clear to me -- this is not about emotions -- it's about you syndicating a shi%t report to thousands of people -- only way you can try to repair this damage is to tell SA to delete your sh%t article and refund them your prostitution fee."

Writer X @ 2:38
    "I don't need to read it - the title and link and syndication did the damage."

Writer X @ 2:39
    "Then tell SA to change your frikin article's title and remove the frikin link"

Spencer @ 2:44
    You are a man that can not even live by your own words. If you want to see a prostitue, perhaps you should look into the mirror.

Your words

"quote removed because it would identify individual"

Can you say that you can evaluate my experience? Even if you read the article, you would still only know a fraction. By not reading the article you only are seeing a fraction of a fraction. Have the courage to live by your own words.

"quote removed because it would identify individual"

You are looking for rather than looking

"quote removed because it would identify individual."

You are consumed by your investment in Arena. Take an honest look at yourself.

Get control of yourself

Spencer @2:45
    "You need to relax. You are so far off base you are getting delusional

Writer X @ 2:52
    This case is not a problem that I have created. You've syndicated it. You can try to rationalize it or push it as my shortcoming but to me it's very very clear and the damage is done

Spencer @ 3:12
    You do not know of damage because you have not read the article. I suspect that you probably have, but will be painted into a corner if you admit that. You need to step back. There is no damage. Are you sending a truck load of emails to the author from UT who was critical of the consumer reports piece? He is propagating its "spread" as well. You really need to get a bit more mature.

Writer X @ 4:01
    Damage is

a) psychological by the title to begin with
    b) more importantly the damage is by the CR report and you circulated it to 12k+ people

Spencer @ 4:08
    You really need to take a step back. Are you an adult? Are you capable of meaningful assessment of things and a meaningful conversation?

The title accurately described the consumer reports stance. I am not about to spin the existence of the consumer reports article into something it was not.

Investors need to know what is out there. Be it positive or negative. That is what I did with my article. The article was positive, but you are way to passionately involved to even see that.

When you mature a little bit and actually take the time to read the article and live by your words, we can then have a conversation with depth. Until then, you are simply behaving like a child and having a temper tantrum

Writer X @ 4:12
    F%ck off (didn't get past your second sentence)

Spencer @ 4:15
    You are simply not a true enough or stable enough to have a meaningful conversation

Writer X @ 4:23
    f%ck off

Spencer @ 4:36
    Do you have that serious of a problem? You now seem to be stalking. Grow up.

Writer X @ 4:42
    Go suck some hedge fund boss -- they needed they syndication of that sh%t and you did the job for them

Spencer @4:54
    You are a troubled person

Writer X @ 5:01
    F%ck off

Spencer @ 5:05
    Why do you keep engaging me with this childishness? Why not just stop?

Writer X @ 5:12
    F%ck off

Spencer @ 5:13
    If you can not be rational, stop harassing me

Writer X @ 5:22
    f%ck off

Writer X @ 5:23
    I told you to get f%cking lost and that I have no interest in a conversation with you If you don't want to get answers stop writing to me.

Spencer @ 5:24
    Again, please stop harassing me

Spencer @ 5:25
    You are engaging me. I have asked you twice to stop harassing me. Now thus is a third time

Writer X @ 5:32
    you're harassing me. i asked you to get lost - you keep writing to me.

Writer X @ 5:33
    telling you to go f%ck yourself is not engaging you. You attacked my company today and I'm pissed at you and told you to get the f%ck lost. and I told you I HAVE NOTHING TO DISCUSS WITH YOU so when you write all i can tell you in return is to f%ck off
    Spencer @ 5:45
    You engaged me. I did not attack your company, and for the record, it is not your company. You admitted that you did not read the article, and thus your allegations are based on nothing other than your own imagination. Despite being asked to speak in a manner that was less emotionally laced, you continued to engage me throughout the day with vulgar language.

This shall serve as notification that I have repeatedly asked you to stop harassing me. Under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts I am hereby notifying you that you must cease and desist any and all communication with me in any form. Under said laws, any communication will be considered a knowing and voluntary violation of said request. There are specific laws with regard to cyber stalking that vary from state to state. You are in violation of the laws of the commonwealth of Massachusetts if you engage in any further communication. I would strongly suggest that you stop any and all communication immediately.

Writer X @ 5:53
    I told you I am not reading your emails beyond the first couple of words. One I read 2 short first sentences of. This one I have also not read. I've told you I have nothing to discuss with you -- I am not interested in talking to you and you keep writing to me. So by saying f%ck off I'm hoping you get the message and stop bothering me.

Spencer @ 6:11
    You are hereby notified that you are in violation of the cyber stalking laws of the commonwealth of Massachusetts. Cease any and all communication with me immediately.

Writer X @ 6:25
    STFU and stop emailing me

Spencer @ 6:31
    You are notified a second time that you are in direct violation of the cyber stalking laws of the commonwealth of Massachusetts. Cease communication immediately

Writer X @ 6:34
    I have told you a million times not to write to me -- now stop bothering me. I don't read your messages and have nothing to talk to you about. Get the f%ck lost.

Spencer @ 6:41
    You are notified that you are in direct violation if the cyber stalking laws of Massachusetts. Cease all communication immediately

Writer X @ 6:49
    Since you're not respecting my requesting to not bother me by your emails I solved the problem in another way:
    Straight into the trash can on the server, right where it belongs -- it won't even get to my client machine.

Spencer @ 6:51 PM
    You are in violation of the cyber stalking laws of the commonwealth of Massachusetts. Cease all communication

As you can see, it was an unusual day.

It appears that this writer is continuing the saga and now resorting to slanderous and libelous behavior. I find myself torn between exposing this (thus creating more drama) or simply letting it go away. For the moment I am going to post this and respond to what are gross lies and a character assination.

Writer X
    "Re: Spencer Osborne is a Liar, just like Dr. Scher.....http://www.investorsvillage.com/smbd...g&mid=12877868
    Link no longer points to the proper place because it appear that writer X has removed the post

Spencer Response
    I have more than 1 share in Arena and do not play that game. I take the rules of disclosure that Seeking Alpha has seriously. Seeking Alpha publishes work on their schedule. I , nor any contributor, can impact that process. I do reside in Massachusetts. With my career over the past 3 years I have spent about 2 weekends a month in the state. For about a year I spent most of my time in Manhattan (Summer of 2012 through March of 2013). I am now doing projects more regionally, and therefore am in Massachusetts more often. I do not know Adam F., nor have I ever met the man. I do not even know if he is from Massachusetts. He very well could be a neighbor, but if he is is is nothing more than coincidence. I have never met him, interacted with him either directly or indirectly. I have no idea whether Seeking Alpha is "friends" with Adam F. or not. I have no idea who George is.

Spencer - second part of response
    I do not get paid by hedgies, nor anyone else. The only compensation I receive is from Seeking Alpha under their terms of payment. Those terms are available to anyone that cares to look them up. The payments are quite modest. This accusation by a public figure is slanderous and libelous. The article in question was not focusing on the CR article, it accuracies, or inaccuracies. It was focusing on how the very existance of that can impact investors.

Spencer - 3rd part of response -note that the poster added the word implicitly after the fact
    The email chain is at the beginning of this thread. As you can see, the chain is 62 messages long and starts with writer X engaging me. Rather than rely on bits and pieces, you can read the entire chain for yourself in the first 4 posts of this thread. In the chain you will also note that writer X claims to have never read the article, and thus based his entire opinion on the title. In addition, I finally asked that writer X stop harassing me and had to go as far as to cite Massachusetts law. Even with that, Writer X continued to harass me. All of my responses one I cited the law were simply that he was in violation of the law and to cease communication with me.

Writer X
    http://www.investorsvillage.com/smbd...g&mid=12876472
    Link no longer points to the right place because it appear write x is removing posts
    Spencer
    I have not been kissing anyone's ass. I was responding in a respectful manner to someone that was giving off an appearance of being highly upset and possibly more. At a point in time it became clear that the vulgar and abusive behavior of this person was accelerating rather than becoming calmer. I had no choice but to cite stalking laws and ask that this person cease all communication.

There is apparently more that this individual is posting, but I think readers get the general idea.
    Last edited by Spencer Osborne; 06-21-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Just a quick update on Motley Fool contributor Reza Ganjavi.

It would appear that Reza remains upset that I dared to cover the consumer reports news. I wonder if he would have been upset if the CR report was positive and I covered it. My gut instinct tells me that a man (or boy) as naive as Reza would have LOVED coverage had the CR article been positive. You see, in my opinion Reza lacks the courage and ability to be objective. In my opinion he is fearful of the truth and would rather live by a perverted set of standards that does not equate to reality. What does Reza now spend his time doing? Some of it is trying to be slick and clever and insinuating that I may hold only a few Arena shares for the sole purpose of being able to say I am long. Reza lacks the intellect and character to realize that a person such as myself can report events without letting an investment in them blur the information.

Another recent musing of Reza is to speak down of Eisai and Arena setting a $150 million sales target. Of course, he does not possess the courage to write about it in an article. Only now, in my opinion, by being exposed, may he even make an attempt at writing a piece. You see, it appears that Reza is upset that Eisai and Arena set such a target. One must ask the obvious question. If Reza is so certain that sales will be strong enough to drive this equity to $50 in the next year, or perhaps $200 in the next three years, why is he worried about a projection of $150 million by the end of 2013? Is it that deep down he is not as confident and bullish as he portrays in his articles and writings on message boards? Why does he fear (IMO) open discussion of a target established by management? Investors need to know the pace of getting to that target. Especially absent any real guidance. The $150 million target is all that we have at the moment. The company can even miss and be close and it would be positive.

Next time you see Reza posting as fedupwithwallstreet1110 on yahoo, or RG1 on investors village about the number of shares I own ask why he posts it in the manner he does (in the form of a question, or as a statement that it is possible that I own only a few shares). He says he stands behind his words, but it appears that he is not strong enough to say these things. That is fear not courage. Reza is well aware (IMO) that these insinuations can be damaging. He is playing on the fact that most readers will not be wise (IMO) to his coy method of planting doubt and deceit. He is (again, my opinion) on a hate mission driven by rage and fear. Is that a person of integrity? Is that a person of good moral character? Is that a good father? A good husband? a good friend? No, it is the behavior of someone that carries little or no self control and lives each day in fear of not measuring up.

The above is all my opinion. I think that readers can look at the behavior of Reza Ganjavi and judge for themselves. For Reza, he has to look his child in the eyes, and know that he is not setting a good and decent example. He has to look his wife in the eyes and know that he is letting anger, rage, and fear dictate their happiness or lack of it. Again, my opinion.

Cheers all

7. Ad Fairy Senior Member