Addict
    06-05-2013, 08:48 AM #1

SITI stock talk daily thread, Wednesday, June 5

Hey, I posted this opening page in the wrong place, so am trying to make amends by cut and pasting it here. Sorry about that.

With all due respect to RC's opinion that SIRI has a mind of its own and does not follow market trends, I think the game has changed and based on performance the past few days, we are seeing a changed behavior of SIRI. Having said that, I note that the Futures are down considerably now in the pre-market; I therefore, see SIRI and all my other holdings to continue to slide. Be patient, and GLT

Addict
    06-05-2013, 10:26 AM #2
    The S&P500 index is behaving as projected, now at 1620 with analysts thinking it will bottom at 1600. In the meantime, it appears SIRI (3.33) and most others in my watch list are seriously taking a beating. I have two exceptions however, and those are the two sub-2 dollar little guys called LEDS and NORX (up 1% and 12% today, respectively). NORX is that OTC small oil drilling company with recent inroads in at least 9 drilling fields in the Bakken, specifically on the western edge in eastern Montana. Do your own DD, but to me this one is one to keep a close eye on for potential good gains............. I bought NORX last week at .89; this morning it has been as high as $1.15, now settled in around 1.08.

06-05-2013, 02:08 PM #3
    Siri has had a little drop today.. who's going to call the bottom for the week? 3.25 im thinking

Addict
    06-05-2013, 04:13 PM #4
    What a brutal down day across the board; DOW was down 217 (dropping below 15,000), and S&P500 Index fell below the 50% FIB retracement to 1608. In my portfolio of a dozen issues I had only one (very) shining star, that being NORX which started with a flurry this morning and for the day (from close yesterday at .97) to close today (1.56) representing a paper gain of 61% today and 71% since I entered my positions a week ago. That little OTC penny stock more than made up for all the losses today in my eleven other holdings. These kinds of days don't happen often, but I continue to have this feeling in my gut that NORX is extremely undervalued. Again, do your own DD, and see if this one is worth a little risk taking at this stage.
    Last edited by siriusly_invested; 06-05-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Head Honcho
    06-05-2013, 05:23 PM #5
    I am the only one rooting for a big marketwide pullback? If so, I'll shut up.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    06-05-2013, 05:32 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I'm with you CLR. Thank goodness I have enough diversity built in to my portfolio that I (so far) am able to weather the frequent downturns. I continue to highlight the projected "bottom" of the S&P500, and hold a lot of hope that soon we will see and bounce off of that figure and begin our next course to the higher plateau (1700 or higher).

PS. I don't recall hearing anything about the family addition. Any news you wish to report?

Head Honcho
    06-05-2013, 06:08 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    PS. I don't recall hearing anything about the family addition. Any news you wish to report?
    We are all doing well, thank you for asking. 10 Days old and she's already back to her birth weight AND gained an additional pound, not bad.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-05-2013, 06:32 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Your not alone. From looking at charts this is long over due. Last Friday, I bought quite a bit of UVXY . So far, so good.

Mentor
    06-05-2013, 09:48 PM #9
    Added a small chunk of Siri today at 3.30! Plan on picking up more on each .05 drop to 3.10!

I with ya Charles...have been not so patiently waiting for this pullback in siri...sold to soon and missed .30 rise in sp...finally back under where I initially sold!

JS