Addict
    05-30-2013, 08:12 AM #1

SIRI Stock Talk Daily Thread... Thursday, May 30

Looks like futures are slightly down this morning, but according to my FSLR PM, no one is paying attention. FSLR is up $3.24 on pretty heavy volume already. Maybe SIRI will follow suit (and perhaps some of my sagging holdings as well).

CLR, I see your tracks at various places recently. How goes the new baby situation? I'm not aware if the new one has arrived yet.

GL today everyone.

Mentor
    05-30-2013, 10:38 AM #2
    Congrats on the FSLR pop SLY!

Got out quite a ways back and have not gotten back in for this HUGE run. A GS upgrade to buy from neutral doesn't hurt either as shown by todays pop. May mean the time to sell is near though when GS gives a buy rating after such a BIG move.

Addict
    05-30-2013, 11:24 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    Congrats on the FSLR pop SLY!

Got out quite a ways back and have not gotten back in for this HUGE run. A GS upgrade to buy from neutral doesn't hurt either as shown by todays pop. May mean the time to sell is near though when GS gives a buy rating after such a BIG move.
    'morning Denco. You know, I have developed a few different strategies of late. For example, with some of my holdings such as FSLR I monitor closely its travels between the upper and lower trend lines, and have been quite successful by adding to my position each time it nears the lower one. Consequently, I'm always in the game for the pops, not losing anything by holding for the bounce and adding a hundred shares at a time, and riding it back up. That's been a consistent winner for me on FSLR, PM, BAC, C, and THC.

I find also on some penny stocks that I throw common sense and strategy aside, roll the dice, and hope. So far, as in the case of LEDS, it is really panning out. That one has been up as much as 10 cents today, and seemingly just wants to keep trucking. One very interesting observation I made last evening was that about 10 weeks ago the price was at 68 cents and since then it has never penetrated its lower trend line. If I can only hope that it will continue at that course and speed for the next 10 weeks I figure that lower trend line will be in the range of $2,50 (and god only knows how far above that reference might be the actual stock price. Given today's price at 1.64, that is a whole lot of potential good fortune to look forward to.

And lastly, I've had Royal Caribbean Lines (RCL) on my radar for a couple weeks, and yesterday it seemed to bottom out at its lower trend line at $35. Ironically, I placed a bid in the after market at 34.75, thinking it won't hit and I'll look at it again after the market opens today. Well, it hit on 34.75 in the after market and has rebounded up over a dollar since then. That one brings a big smile on my face.

I see SIRI is again treading water sideways today. Hopefully you'll find an opening to give that one a profitable ride again soon.

Addict
    05-30-2013, 03:40 PM #4
    This may be good news for our Legal Pot investors. Seems this former Microsoft manager is forming a start-up Legal MJ distribution company. I didn't study all details so I don't know if he plans to go public. You might want to watch this space.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/new...est=latestnews

Head Honcho
    05-30-2013, 05:50 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    CLR, I see your tracks at various places recently. How goes the new baby situation? I'm not aware if the new one has arrived yet.
    She is here, 8lbs 2oz. Daddy sleepy.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    05-30-2013, 06:20 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    She is here, 8lbs 2oz. Daddy sleepy.
    Congratulations CLR!!......

Get some rest....you will be needing as much as possible. Wait till you have multiple little ones......wow is that a riot......good times!!!!

Addict
    05-30-2013, 07:50 PM #7
    Congratulations CLR. Glad to hear the good news. As Denco said, you better get some rest when you can. You are certainly going to need it for all the extra duty you'll be doing. Daughters are the greatest thrill of a man's life. Trust me, I know, and I have never missed the opportunity to let my "darling" know just how proud I am of her.................. She'll be 47 on her next birthday, and I just love her dearly.

Mentor
    05-30-2013, 08:26 PM #8
    Good luck tonight SLY......go HEAT!!

I agree, my girls are the pride and joy of my life as well SLY.....I am blessed.

Mentor
    05-30-2013, 10:03 PM #9
    Congrats Charles...got 2 daughters of my own...want to choke the sh%t out of them on a daily basis!!! just kidding...

Get some sleep!! and remember...when you smell a dirty diaper...send her over to play with Mommy!!

JS

Head Honcho
    05-31-2013, 02:24 AM #10
    Thank you all for the kind words.

I would take the time to write more and reply to everyone personally but I only have a about 140 characters of energy in me. My responses are going to look like tweets for the next few weeks.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder