Page 1 of 2 12
    Mentor
    05-23-2013, 09:22 AM #1

SIRI Daily Thread....Oh SchnitzelMan Thursday 5/23/2013

Morning All!

What's up SLY....congrats on the hard fought victory. Sure enough, a very physical game and series looks to be setting up. WOW, what a close to the regular session and overtime action. Very exciting stuff!

Well, looks like SchnitzelMan has come in with guns a blazing. Let him show his face......then poke him in the eye with a SIRIDOGSTICK errrrr DONG......GLTA folks

05-23-2013, 10:10 AM #2
    Dang, missed the boat on getting my 3.44 order in before the boat left port. It was a gift and I got too greedy.

Addict
    05-23-2013, 10:18 AM #3
    Denco, thanks for the mention of the Heat victory. Yep, that was a real nail-biter for sure, and sets the stage for perhaps a real ball-busting 7-game series. There is one wrinkle however, suggested by the sports press that I read this morning which says maybe this was a serious emotional letdown for those young Pacer players. I guess we'll find out when Friday night comes, and game two commences. I see your Spurs don't play again until Saturday night. That must be a welcome breather period for them, to be off that long between games................ PS. You see where Kevin Durant donated $1Mil to the OKC relief effort and asked others to match him? I think the NBA is likely one of the most charitable pro sports organizations.

Regarding today's market mood, I was sorely alarmed by some Futures commentary this morning, saying the fed may begin to slow down its infusion of funds into the bond market and at the same time there is negative financial news coming out of China.
    My portfolio began to show signs of that negative impact before the opening bell, but now is trying to slowly recover.

Mentor
    05-23-2013, 10:30 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Denco, thanks for the mention of the Heat victory. Yep, that was a real nail-biter for sure, and sets the stage for perhaps a real ball-busting 7-game series. There is one wrinkle however, suggested by the sports press that I read this morning which says maybe this was a serious emotional letdown for those young Pacer players. I guess we'll find out when Friday night comes, and game two commences. I see your Spurs don't play again until Saturday night. That must be a welcome breather period for them, to be off that long between games................ PS. You see where Kevin Durant donated $1Mil to the OKC relief effort and asked others to match him? I think the NBA is likely one of the most charitable pro sports organizations.

Regarding today's market mood, I was sorely alarmed by some Futures commentary this morning, saying the fed may begin to slow down its infusion of funds into the bond market and at the same time there is negative financial news coming out of China.
    My portfolio began to show signs of that negative impact before the opening bell, but now is trying to slowly recover.
    I did hear about Durant's donation. That was very generous. Good guy.

I slapped SM in the head and bought the dip.

@SF

I missed 3.44 as well, as it was available on the ask for but a few seconds. Bought 3.45 though.

Also added to my LMCA at 121.90 and my STRZA at 22.25

Should have picked up a few more DDD at 43 ish. New it was the buy point but did not pull trigger. Oh well, missed that op for sure.
    Last edited by denco1; 05-23-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Enthusiast
    05-23-2013, 11:43 AM #5
    Picked up some LEDS at 1.53 yesterday and 1.42 today.....like the low price with a MARKET SELL option which most pennies don't have.

Denco and SLY....will the compliments keep going back and forth if its spurs vs heat in the finals??? Ha come on I wanna hear some smack talk!

Addict
    05-23-2013, 11:56 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundeeez View Post
    Picked up some LEDS at 1.53 yesterday and 1.42 today.....like the low price with a MARKET SELL option which most pennies don't have.

Denco and SLY....will the compliments keep going back and forth if its spurs vs heat in the finals??? Ha come on I wanna hear some smack talk!
    Sundeeez, you are BAD! But yes, I'm sure the "talk" will begin when those two teams make it to the finals.

Regarding your comment re. market sell option, the difference might be that LEDS is traded on the NASDAQ, not the Pinks or OTC like normal "pennies".............. Yep, we're seeing a nice rebound today (in LEDS). I just hope it will continue.

Addict
    05-23-2013, 01:07 PM #7
    This trading day reminds me of most of my fishing trips...... if Ihaven't caught my limit by mid-morning I might as well pack it in. Looks like a whole bunch of juicy buying opportunities were present but quickly vanished before lunch............ and one sale I had priced to break even (made a bad decision to buy a loser), sold me out and moved on up another few cents.

Addict
    05-23-2013, 04:27 PM #8
    I caught a little one, Sold my mjna .1588's I bought yesterday and sold at .1620 for a $73 dollar gain, better than nothing I guess. Nice freaking dip today on Siri, and had no powder to pick up some options for a flip, that sucked. Not sure what to do with my Leds, your chart saying anything Sly?

Addict
    05-23-2013, 04:56 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcloud View Post
    I caught a little one, Sold my mjna .1588's I bought yesterday and sold at .1620 for a $73 dollar gain, better than nothing I guess. Nice freaking dip today on Siri, and had no powder to pick up some options for a flip, that sucked. Not sure what to do with my Leds, your chart saying anything Sly?
    Hey RC, this is obviously a time when we recognize there are different strategies and pain thresholds in this swing trading business. As for what I see in the LEDS chart, we are barely below the 50% Fib retracement, only two days beyond the formation of a Golden Cross, and still above the lower trend line (which has been a very consistent line of support). Consequently, I am holding in belief that it will go up before it goes down, and likely will not penetrate that lower trend line. Actually, I see in the AH we have gained a couple of pennies. Don't forget also that the broader markets have actually been negative this week, so any positive movement there should translate to upward mobility for LEDS.

Maybe my exit strategy differs from yours. Nonetheless, I'm holding to what I have (which is not insignificant) and hoping for an upturn in the markets. Here's my chart. The GS is obscured by the lower trend line, but I think you can make out most everything else I mentioned.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by siriusly_invested; 05-23-2013 at 05:03 PM.

05-23-2013, 04:59 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    I missed 3.44 as well, as it was available on the ask for but a few seconds. Bought 3.45 though.
    I had to run to work and didn't get another order in. 3.45 would have been great too. I didn't get to look at it again until 3.50 and I gave up on scoring on the easy intraday trade. Man, I hate it when I miss out on a few easy Gs.

Page 1 of 2 12