Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: SIRI Daily Thread... Friday, May 24

  1. #1
    siriusly_invested is offline

    SIRI Daily Thread... Friday, May 24

    Let me be first to wish the best to Charles and his wife. I'm sure we all will be happy to know when the newborn arrives and to know momma and baby are okay.

    On the stock front, I personally have never attempted to read the tea leaves of the indices by the charting methods we employ with individual equities, but after a report yesterday in a Small Cap news letter I decided to see what we might learn in that approach with the S&P500 Index ($inx). Attached is my first effort.

    You can see how consistently this index has tracked between the lower (support) and upper (resistance) trend lines, how it has taken a hard bounce off of the upper trend line which also coincides with the upper BB, and now seems to be in a definite correction. I'll personally be watching, and hoping this slide will soon put on the brakes. I think the 50% Fib retrace somewhere in the range of 1615 will be a critical place to watch. PS. Since I began this note the market has opened and the S&P500 is now at 1642.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by siriusly_invested; 05-24-2013 at 09:43 AM.

  2. #2
    denco1 is online now
    Mentor
    denco1's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: Shortie's A$$ Posts: 1,456
    Morning SLY and All!

    Nice analysis and chart SLY. Good thing for me is that SIRI and my other holdings are not getting taken down too hard with the softness.

    I second the sentiments for CLR.....good luck and congrats!!........GLTA on your trades and over the long weekend

    As far as my Spurs and the Heat are concerned....If my Spurs do advance and meet the Heat in the finals I will be pleased at the accomplishment and of course hope we are victorious. The HEAT are younger and the defending champs but the Spurs have more rings with the big 3 still in tact ( Tony, Tim and Manu), so it should be interesting........though the Heat will be the favorites in that matchup.
    Last edited by denco1; 05-24-2013 at 10:57 AM.

  3. #3
    siriusly_invested is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    As far as my Spurs and the Heat are concerned....If my Spurs do advance and meet the Heat in the finals I will be pleased at the accomplishment and of course hope we are victorious. The HEAT are younger and the defending champs but the Spurs have more rings with the big 3 still in tact ( Tony, Tim and Manu), so it should be interesting........though the Heat will be the favorites in that matchup.
    Hey Denco, yes the Heat have younger legs, and they also have their "Big Three"............... Don't forget though, that they also have "The Bird Man".

  4. #4
    Redcloud is offline
    Nice Close!!! Other than that, slow day. Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend.
    Suck Eggs Shorty!!!

  5. #5
    SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,488
    TY for the warm wishes.

    Enjoy the long weekend!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  6. #6
    siriusly_invested is offline
    CLR, we're eager to help share the jubilation. Just let us know when we can begin. BTW, is this the "the first" in your family? GL

    Denco, wasn't that a good game to watch last night? Not so good from the perspective of Heat fans, but entertaining none the less. Looks like we're in for a hard-fought series. Good luck to your Spurs today. BTW, you might be thinking about consequences of an extended layoff before the finals. Look what a few days did to the Heat on both occasions. While at least they managed to win the first game of this current series, it was not without a record number of turnovers and fouls. Keep that in mind as the Spurs work to sew up the Western Conference title. If they make quick work of it, they may have to wait a week or more before the next battle begins.

  7. #7
    denco1 is online now
    Mentor
    denco1's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: Shortie's A$$ Posts: 1,456
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    CLR, we're eager to help share the jubilation. Just let us know when we can begin. BTW, is this the "the first" in your family? GL

    Denco, wasn't that a good game to watch last night? Not so good from the perspective of Heat fans, but entertaining none the less. Looks like we're in for a hard-fought series. Good luck to your Spurs today. BTW, you might be thinking about consequences of an extended layoff before the finals. Look what a few days did to the Heat on both occasions. While at least they managed to win the first game of this current series, it was not without a record number of turnovers and fouls. Keep that in mind as the Spurs work to sew up the Western Conference title. If they make quick work of it, they may have to wait a week or more before the next battle begins.
    Afternoon SLY.....unfortunately did not see the game as I was working late last night. Did try and watch it on the DVR when I go home but fell asleep 5 minutes into it. Definitely going to be a ruff series. As for my Spurs, any extra days of rest are better than not due to the age of the BIG 3. No doubt it can add rust but with the nagging injuries to parker and Leonard's knee tendonitis etc..., it will be good for them to get rest. Tonight will be interesting with the long layoff for both teams. Memphis will be as tough as they were Tuesday. The Spurs need to be ready for a WAR.....GOSPURSGO!!

  8. #8
    SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,488
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    CLR, we're eager to help share the jubilation. Just let us know when we can begin. BTW, is this the "the first" in your family? GL
    It is our first. Its hurry up and wait time over here.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  9. #9
    siriusly_invested is offline
    Denco, I fell asleep before halftime in the Spurs game last night, but saw in the NBA news on the web that they pulled it out in OT.

    Wow, maybe your guys will actually accomplish that much needed rest you mentioned. One more win and they are in the same boat as CLR.................. hurry up and wait.

    Hang in there CLR and let us know when it's time to offer a toast.

    Go Spurs and go Heat.

  10. #10
    denco1 is online now
    Mentor
    denco1's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: Shortie's A$$ Posts: 1,456
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Denco, I fell asleep before halftime in the Spurs game last night, but saw in the NBA news on the web that they pulled it out in OT.

    Wow, maybe your guys will actually accomplish that much needed rest you mentioned. One more win and they are in the same boat as CLR.................. hurry up and wait.

    Hang in there CLR and let us know when it's time to offer a toast.

    Go Spurs and go Heat.
    Wow was that a great game for my Spurs. Down big in the 1st only to get a hold of their nads and fight back in the 2nd. Getting to within 4 at half was HUGE and put the game up for grabs. The rest helped the BIG 3 as they had collectively the best gme of the series. Duncan HUGE in OT and TONY and MANU strong all game as well aside from the opeining 1st Q. If we close it out on Monday that would probably mean at least a week off to as you said, hurry up and wait, which could cause problems for the 1st game of the finals but will ultimately give The Spurs the best shot at winning it all with a rested group.

    Should be an exciting close game tonight. GL to your HEAT. I'll be watching...........CLR, your first, nice! GL, and keep us posted.

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •