06-18-2013, 11:31 PM #1

Lynx Home Kit Sound Issue

I have unsuccessfully attempted to install a Lynx radio in two different home dock stations. In both cases I have been unable to get the audio out of the dock into my receiver. I know the receiver is working and I verified continuity of the cable. The radio works fine in the car kit dock.

The receiver hook-up is as basic as it gets. Has anyone experienced this problem? So far tech support has been of no help. My radio works fine and the earphone jack puts out the audio but the audio jack on the dock seems dead.

Head Honcho
    06-19-2013, 12:27 AM #2
    Have you verified that the aux in port on your receiver works with an ipod or something? What are you trying to plug the Lynx into?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-19-2013, 09:43 AM #3
    Yes, receiver works fine. Just determined that the bluetooth connection works with my iPhone and plays through the stereo receiver. So now that indicates that the dock audio jack is working. Could it be the radio connector to the dock? Does bluetooth have to be active in order to use the dock?

Head Honcho
    06-19-2013, 05:04 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mross View Post
    Yes, receiver works fine. Just determined that the bluetooth connection works with my iPhone and plays through the stereo receiver. So now that indicates that the dock audio jack is working.
    This statement doesn't jive. Bluetooth and a physical jack are two different things -- one is wireless and one is plug/wire.

Quote Originally Posted by mross View Post
    Could it be the radio connector to the dock?
    This is what I am concerned about. How do you know the jack where you are connecting your lynx dock to is working? Have you selected the correct input on your receiver for that input plug?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-19-2013, 07:21 PM #5
    This is what I have found. When I dock the radio and use the hard wire cable to my receiver I get no sound, cable and receiver input are correct. If I power the dock without the radio and use the dock bluetooth connection to my iPhone for music I get great audio through the same cable on the dock to my receiver input jack and music comes out of my speakers as it should when the radio is docked. But when the radio is docked no sound other than through the radio internal speaker.

I know this sounds crazy but that is indeed what is happening.

Head Honcho
    06-20-2013, 03:57 PM #6
    Do you know if your lynx software is up to date?

When a system update is available, you can install it anytime by tapping;
    Home > arrow > settings > about > system update > OK.

If you have and that didn't help... have you considered a hard reset?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-21-2013, 11:25 AM #7
    I did a system update and still no sound with radio in dock and audio cable. iPhone via bluetooth works great with radio turned off and not in dock. The hard reset will return all settings to factory but not affect software correct? Hesitate to do this since radio works fine in car dock.

Head Honcho
    06-21-2013, 12:48 PM #8
    The hard reset will return the unit to factory state. Its the only other thing I can think of.

If that doesn't work, you' have to assume its the hardware. Do you happen to know anyone else witht he home kit so you can see if its a hardware issue? I know its a longshot that you actually know someone else with a lynx and the same home kit but, it was worth mentioning.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-21-2013, 01:39 PM #9
    Contacted SXM tech support. Explained my problem and tech said when radio is docked, Bluetooth must also be active. As we were doing this I realized my iPhone was also connected via Bluetooth. The dock only allows one connection at a time, so my previous attempts were unsuccessful because the dock was paired with my iPhone and couldn't find the radio, even though it was on the dock.

Turning off iPhone Bluetooth solved the problem. I confirmed this several times by turning the
    iPhone Bluetooth on and off.

Seems strange that a typical stereo hardwire cable connection also requires Bluetooth when radio is docked (hardwired) to the base. But that is the case, again confirmed by turning Bluetooth on and off from the radio for testing.

SXM manual and quick install requires an update !

Thank you all for your help. Problem solved !

Head Honcho
    06-21-2013, 02:12 PM #10
    Glad to hear it all worked out.

Thank you for coming back and sharing the answer for future generations. It is greatly appreciated.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder