Page 1 of 2 12
    Addict
    05-13-2013, 09:21 AM #1

SIRI daily thread...... Monday, May 13, 2013

Well, since I'm totally out of SIRI I suppose the next best idea would be to open the SB thread with a hint of another stock with a SIRI connection. First, let me pause to be sure I am not competing with this opening effort. Be right back.

EDIT: Okay, looks like I'm all alone so far. Here's what seems to be leaking out of another venue that many of us are aware of. Check out Charter Communications Inc. (CHTR) as the next takeover target for Liberty Media. The suggestion is that there might be an International slant which seemingly could have a connection with SIRI. I don't think this necessarily implies a forthcoming windfall for SIRI investors, but more likely sets the stage for CHTR to see good growth down the road. DYODD and perhaps collect some dry powder in anticipation of this scenario to hatch.

PS. Denco, sorry to see the Spurs on the short end of the proverbial stick yesterday. I'm hopeful they will still get the best of series. Heat is in a tough match again tonight in Chi Town. I just hope they come home the victor.
    Last edited by siriusly_invested; 05-13-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Mentor
    05-13-2013, 09:58 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Well, since I'm totally out of SIRI I suppose the next best idea would be to open the SB thread with a hint of another stock with a SIRI connection. First, let me pause to be sure I am not competing with this opening effort. Be right back.

EDIT: Okay, looks like I'm all alone so far. Here's what seems to be leaking out of another venue that many of us are aware of. Check out Charter Communications Inc. (CHTR) as the next takeover target for Liberty Media. The suggestion is that there might be an International slant which seemingly could have a connection with SIRI. I don't think this necessarily implies a forthcoming windfall for SIRI investors, but more likely sets the stage for CHTR to see good growth down the road. DYODD and perhaps collect some dry powder in anticipation of this scenario to hatch.

PS. Denco, sorry to see the Spurs on the short end of the proverbial stick yesterday. I'm hopeful they will still get the best of series. Heat is in a tough match again tonight in Chi Town. I just hope they come home the victor.
    Thanks SLY.....yes, my Spurs had that game but went cold late and let that one get away. The Warriors are a scrappy bunch and will not go down easily. We need to take care of business Tuesday night.

Speaking of scrappy and tough, the Bulls are not rolling over but the Heat are the better team and will prevail. GL tonight SLY!

05-13-2013, 10:39 AM #3
    Good start to a Monday morning Sly!

I looked up Charter Communications (CHTR) and it sure is expensive ($111.42). That will need some serious powder to invest in. Good Luck!

I personally like Nokia (NOK). Some said Nokia was a "drop" but boy were they proven wrong. Congrats to all the Nokia investors that had patience and held.

Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post

I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

05-13-2013, 10:56 AM #4
    Check out NVLX. I mentioned it Friday. Up another 20% this morning. Penny stock, super risky of course but volume has been increasing over the past month as it's gone up in price so I like what I'm seeing so far. Just another option for those of you who have pulled out of SIRI and looking for areas to redeploy some capital.

Addict
    05-13-2013, 11:52 AM #5
    I've been watching a little, low-priced ($1.30-ish) stock (LEDS) traded on the NASDQ. I think I might have mentioned it last week after some insight from an analyst at a Low Market Cap newsletter brought it to my attention. It has taken a serious bounce off of its upper trend line ($2.30-ish), and now has seemingly rebounded off of the lower trend line at $1.30 with a high mark this morning of 1.57. I went in heavy at the 1.40 level last week, then added more at 1.30 as I observed that the "Golden Cross" seems but a few days away. That is when the 50 dma ascends the 200 dma, normally signaling an upcoming healthy growth in price. DYODD, and don't sit on your laurels too long if you decide this one is for you.

Mentor
    05-13-2013, 11:54 AM #6
    Was able to make contact with BassMan. Says hello to all and hopes to be checking in soon.

Addict
    05-13-2013, 11:56 AM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    Was able to make contact with BassMan. Says hello to all and hopes to be checking in soon.
    That's great news, Denco. Thanks.

Wonder where everyone else is. Seems this space is quite vacant lately.

Mentor
    05-13-2013, 12:01 PM #8
    Looks like we have another double top that wants to break.

SIRI.jpg
    Last edited by denco1; 05-13-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Mentor
    05-13-2013, 12:08 PM #9
    Looks like we have another double top that wants to break.

SIRI.jpg
    Broken!!.....$3.43

Addict
    05-13-2013, 12:18 PM #10
    Broken!!.....$3.43
    Wow, that's a pretty attractive P&F pattern, Denco. I recall times in the past when I would have jumped at a double-top breakout. this time, not only am I fresh out of dry powder, I'm seeing several mixed signals non the least of which is the very rapid buildup from 3.07 to 3.43 in such a short period of time. Consequently, my gut feeling is that there will be at least a 50% retrace very soon which takes the price at least temporarily down in the 3.25 range again. My money says it is wiser to wait for that retracement rather than to jump on the apparent entry signal at the double-top breakout. Maybe I'm wrong, and if so then I wish you and others good fortune if you bite on this bullish signal.

Page 1 of 2 12