Addict
    05-08-2013, 08:17 AM #1

SIRIUS Daily Thread.......... Wednesday, 05/08/2013

Since no one else has opened the thread for today, let me take a stab.

For openers, yesterday I mentioned three low-dollar stocks to put on your radar for possible entry opportunity in the near future. Only one of them (AMD) remains in the upper reaches of the Overbought territory, but surely it will soon begin a deep correction. The others remain in neutral ground with ZLC poised to decline from the upper trend line and the other (LEDS) making a new recovery after a recent recession from new highs. Note that yesterday I incorrectly identified LEDS as "Lens".......... my bad. I think LEDS is good for a short-term investment based on recent publicity by a popular Low Cap analyst.

Good luck to all today.

Mentor
    05-08-2013, 08:29 AM #2
    Good morning SLY and all-

Thanks for the heads up on these tickers. I will keep an eye on them.

Lets see what the day brings with SIRI and later tonight with my SPURS and your HEAT.......GLTA

Mentor
    05-08-2013, 09:39 AM #3
    DDD looks to have been halted at the open probably due to the secondary offering to raise 250 mn. DDD, what a mover. May be a buying op here in a few minutes.....

EDIT: Headlines.......Halted pending news.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/3d-sys...132934142.html
    Last edited by denco1; 05-08-2013 at 10:01 AM.

Mentor
    05-08-2013, 09:41 AM #4
    SIRI just bounced off of the 5sma......lets see if this is the beginning of the flattening out and roll or will it push up a bit more.

Addict
    05-08-2013, 11:26 AM #5
    I just came in from an errand and see that DDD remains halted. The news from last evening indicates a massive sale of shares......... i.e. mega dilution in the making apparently. Just my luck as I was gloating about nice profits realized in my portfolio where I own 1200 shares of DDD. I guess I too should await a buying opportunity if for no reason than to reduce my base cost.

Oh well. Win a few, lose more (at times). I wait with sweaty palms to see what a mess this will be.

EDIT: PS. looks like DDD is trading again......... and it doesn't seem that we took a tremendous hit (price is back where it was three days ago) ...... If we've seen the worst, then it is bearable IMHO.
    Last edited by siriusly_invested; 05-08-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Mentor
    05-08-2013, 11:49 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    I just came in from an errand and see that DDD remains halted. The news from last evening indicates a massive sale of shares......... i.e. mega dilution in the making apparently. Just my luck as I was gloating about nice profits realized in my portfolio where I own 1200 shares of DDD. I guess I too should await a buying opportunity if for no reason than to reduce my base cost.

Oh well. Win a few, lose more (at times). I wait with sweaty palms to see what a mess this will be.
    The sale figures to be about 5 ish % of the float.....not a huge deal IMO. I bought a few more at 39.60 a bit ago. Take 6% off of yesterdays closing price and that is the correction I estimated.

Addict
    05-08-2013, 12:11 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    The sale figures to be about 5 ish % of the float.....not a huge deal IMO. I bought a few more at 39.60 a bit ago. Take 6% off of yesterdays closing price and that is the correction I estimated.
    Denco, looks like you done okay with that 39.60 buy. I'm sitting tight, and relieved that the hit was not as bad as I expected.

One of the other low-dollar stock I mentioned yesterday (LEDS) yielded to my buy offer at 1.44 yesterday, and another chunk at 1.43 today. It has been at 1.48 this morning, now 1.47, so perhaps it is going to be a good choice in the portfolio.

Lastly, looks like I lucked out on what I feared as an expensive auto a/c repair bill but just got the estimate ($297)..........maybe this is going to be an okay day after all.

PS. The Senate Benghazi hearing is being aired now on FOX for those able to watch. I'm eager to see this fiasco stuffed up the aZZ of our beloved regime in DC.

Head Honcho
    05-08-2013, 11:49 PM #8
    I would love to know how many of the regular posters have sold out of their positions and moved on. This run probably got a lot of longs back to break even.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder