Page 2 of 4 1234
    Addict
    05-01-2013, 01:23 PM #11
    Wasn't it Kenny Rogers with the song "Know when to holdem?".................. I went all out yesterday after riding this roller coaster for 5 years, and even though I left several thousand in profit on the table based on today's price, I feel a tremendous weight off my shoulders. I'm not complaining nor am I looking back. Now, all I want is for some correctional dips in a few other quality stocks in my watch list so I can put my new dry powder back to work.

I thirst for the more stable but gradual growth in my portfolio now, rather than the daily pit in my gut as MMs seem to get their cookies off watching SIRI investors bitch, complain, and gripe about the instability and uncertainty in their baby.

I'm not leaving this neighborhood of friendly and like-minded individuals, so just because I'm rid of SIRI does not mean I plan to go away. Good luck to those of you who continue to ride this train, and those who have hitched on to some of those "green" stocks.

Enthusiast
    05-01-2013, 01:44 PM #12
    speaking of Ahsan, I'm looking forward to when it hits 30

Screen Shot 2013-05-01 at 10.42.59 AM.png

Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    What's up HB!....good to see you. I agree with your going back to 2011 when they headfaked it down to 1.86ish in PM before they powered it up through $2 eventually up to 2.42 in short order, a couple of weeks, before the retrace from hell that ensued after the retest to 2.44 and the lower high of 2.31 ish. It does feel the same. We may just get the run without the HUGE retrace this time.

Anyting staying above $3 to 3.15 would be standard......under $3 would be a bit much.

Mentor
    05-01-2013, 02:15 PM #13
    Long and strong all day long!

Traderbating! Haha!!

JS

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    SIRI and MJNA owners must be traderbating today.

05-01-2013, 02:35 PM #14
    I'm not leaving this neighborhood of friendly and like-minded individuals, so just because I'm rid of SIRI does not mean I plan to go away. Good luck to those of you who continue to ride this train, and those who have hitched on to some of those "green" stocks.[/QUOTE]

What a different feeling that must be to no longer have Sirius stock after 5 years! Whatever will you do to replace that adrenaline rush of the roller coaster we've been on?

When things get too boring you may buy back.

Julie

Addict
    05-01-2013, 02:42 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriMonkey View Post
    What a different feeling that must be to no longer have Sirius stock after 5 years! Whatever will you do to replace that adrenaline rush of the roller coaster we've been on?

Not quite true Julie (adrenaline rush gone) as I picked up 30000 shares of AMD this morning at 2.80, and unloaded it a few minutes ago at 3.25. Now I lay in wait for some dips on picks in my watch list and feel confident I'll experience the same adrenaline rush but without the MM monkey play.
    Last edited by siriusly_invested; 05-01-2013 at 02:47 PM.

05-01-2013, 03:09 PM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Not quite true Julie (adrenaline rush gone) as I picked up 30000 shares of AMD this morning at 2.80, and unloaded it a few minutes ago at 3.25. Now I lay in wait for some dips on picks in my watch list and feel confident I'll experience the same adrenaline rush but without the MM monkey play.
    Wow! That's the stuff dreams are made of. Congrats! I was in a position to be able to make the same play but haven't been watching AMD lately and work keeps me buried.
    Last edited by switchflare; 05-01-2013 at 04:12 PM.

05-01-2013, 03:22 PM #17
    HB!!! Great to see you here today!! A big thanks to you, glad to here your happy about today. All you insight over the years has a great deal to do with the sweet spot I'm in today. ;-$

Mentor
    05-01-2013, 04:10 PM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Congradulations SLY!!....very nice move. Bigger pop than what SIRI would have brought you, though I ain't complaining about my SIRI holding thats for sure. Great to see you kicking ASS SLY! Talk to you later. .....

05-01-2013, 04:12 PM #19
    So I read all the time that the biggest majority of the short interest is hedging because of the convertible bonds. Yes I know it's a zero sum gain for them since the price goes up they make money on the convertible shares and lose the same on the short shares while collecting the interest. But why would you want to sit in the stock and watch all of those gains in the convertible shares just evaporate ?

Mentor
    05-01-2013, 04:24 PM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by steelguy View Post
    So I read all the time that the biggest majority of the short interest is hedging because of the convertible bonds. Yes I know it's a zero sum gain for them since the price goes up they make money on the convertible shares and lose the same on the short shares while collecting the interest. But why would you want to sit in the stock and watch all of those gains in the convertible shares just evaporate ?
    What's news STEEL.....good to see you man. Where's STEELTITS....miss her.

I've wondered the same myself. Seems that they are not interested in the stock gains and are only interested in the very nice high yield bond proceeds and will protect that sure gain with the hedge. At some point you would think that they would have unwound the hedge and rolled the dice a bit especially since SIRI is KICKINGASS.

Page 2 of 4 1234