04-24-2013, 03:53 PM #1

Transfer lifetime subscription from aftermarket H/U to OEM H/U

Hello all,

I read a lot of griping about the lifetime subscription and its limitations. It sounds like maybe the contract language changed over the years, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I got mine in 2008 for $300 and I was pretty sure the fine print said I could transfer it to whatever for $75. Now I'm reading that there are all sorts of other stipulations.

The question I have is that I am selling my car, and I want to move the lifetime to my new Ford truck which already has a 6 month trial. What is the best way to go about this?

I was thinking to wait until the trial is over and give it a shot, but by that time I will no longer own the car that has my subscription on the alpine. Does that matter? Do I need the old radio, I already have the ID recorded on the website.

Also I noticed that on the website it allows me to simply type the new radio ID / ESN whatever... to transfer my subscription, so I'm thinking maybe I'm in the class that can get away with it.

Thoughts?

Head Honcho
    04-24-2013, 05:45 PM #2
    There are a couple of stipulations but, you should be fine.

You can transfer your lifetime up to 3 times. That said, if you have a hardware failure, you might be able to get them to transfer and not count that as a transfer.

Also, I have heard that once you transfer to a vehicle, you are not supposed to be able to transfer off of the OEM head unit but, I have heard about other people getting one time exceptions. So, when you call to transfer to your new car, ask them about that specifically.

Hope this helps.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

04-25-2013, 10:55 AM #3
    thanks for the heads up

in regards to my OEM's free trial, should I wait 6 months and then do it? What is I sell my old car and the lifetime subscription goes with it? I'm assuming it will just yank it once I provide the new ESN.

Head Honcho
    04-25-2013, 11:49 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by badhousepet View Post
    in regards to my OEM's free trial, should I wait 6 months and then do it?
    Why wait if you already have a lifetime sub? Those free months are irrelevant.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder