Page 2 of 2 12
    Head Honcho
    04-23-2013, 05:53 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    I caught a Bloomberg alert earlier in the day re: the board upping the buyback by $50b -- a lot of folks consider buybacks and dividends to be a sign of problems - some say current; others lean towards future problems that are desired to be glazed.
    A sign of problems? Big shareholders have been screaming for buybacks and increased dividends because of AAPL's huge cash hoard. Now that they are complying with those requests it is being considered as a sign of weakness? Sounds like you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    04-23-2013, 07:47 PM #12
    I guess there's quite a few companies out there that are in Sirius trouble...they all are buying back stock!!

JS

Enthusiast
    04-23-2013, 08:36 PM #13
    Re: both comments

I'd surmise that a lot of that has a lot more to do with the various BODs bonusing themselves at the end of the year & using the govt as the PR Bombed rationale.

Folks were paying a lot more attention to the Fear Factory than common sense diligence.

May I'd fast approaching - and, yes, I'm still the same old guy that chooses wisdom and a conservative/safe approach with my "birds in the hand" mentality than to be worried about the profits that haven't materialized.

Recently listened to the Mark Cuban interview in HoSte - dude took his cash at a time that others were holding for more -- #could a been billionaires - limh.

Anyway - I'm long and strong on my SIRI holdings.

Not stressing either side

Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    I guess there's quite a few companies out there that are in Sirius trouble...they all are buying back stock!!

JS

Page 2 of 2 12