Page 1 of 2 12
    04-17-2013, 09:07 AM #1

SIRI Daily Thread 4.17.2013 - Law 17 Wednesday!

Law 17
    Keep Others in Suspended Terror: Cultivate an Air of Unpredictability
    Humans are creatures of habit with an insatiable need to see familiarity in other people’s actions. Your predictability gives them a sense of control. Turn the tables: Be deliberately unpredictable. Behavior that seems to have no consistency or purpose will keep them off-balance, and they will wear themselves out trying to explain your moves. Taken to an extreme, this strategy can intimidate and terrorize.

Happy Trading!

"If you look around the table and don't see a sucker, then you are the sucker."

Edit: I don't want to get political in this thread but this particular law reminds of the Boston bombings. Something isn't right with everything going on. Just my 2 cents...
    Last edited by midas360; 04-17-2013 at 09:50 AM.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Mentor
    04-17-2013, 09:29 AM #2
    Good morning all. Tks for the startups, Midas! Looks like another interesting day in the markets with SIRI continuing to CHOMPONDONG. I would like to see some strength soon going into earnings only 2 weeks out. GLTA

Addict
    04-17-2013, 10:20 AM #3
    'mornin all. I'm finally home from necessary and rewarding visit with family in Tulsa. Trying to catch up on neglected chores while attempting a watchful eye on my investments. Everything started out in the green this morning; now with exception of FSLR, my whole slate has turned red. What gives?

Denco, I recall you saying you dumped FSLR on that enormous upswing last week. I violated my own rule by hanging in there even when it burst through that upper trend line (Generally, I would have sold then), and saw fit to implement a $3 trailing stop. So far, that strategy has paid off, and based on continued postive surges, that stop would trigger only slightly below that ignored sell point. PS. I looked back at the five year history of that stock and couldn't help but to "dream" that it will continue its recent performance (a giant leap from 27 to 41 in the last week) as it surges to the $300+ price of 5 years ago. Now wouldn't that be sweet?

Enthusiast
    04-17-2013, 10:48 AM #4
    SIRI has my attention again. Loading up here at $3. Did this last time and sold at 3.15.....looking for a repeat performance

04-17-2013, 11:20 AM #5
    You have earnings on your side too. Nice little run into earnings would be a very nice play.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundeeez View Post
    SIRI has my attention again. Loading up here at $3. Did this last time and sold at 3.15.....looking for a repeat performance
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Mentor
    04-17-2013, 01:18 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    'mornin all. I'm finally home from necessary and rewarding visit with family in Tulsa. Trying to catch up on neglected chores while attempting a watchful eye on my investments. Everything started out in the green this morning; now with exception of FSLR, my whole slate has turned red. What gives?

Denco, I recall you saying you dumped FSLR on that enormous upswing last week. I violated my own rule by hanging in there even when it burst through that upper trend line (Generally, I would have sold then), and saw fit to implement a $3 trailing stop. So far, that strategy has paid off, and based on continued postive surges, that stop would trigger only slightly below that ignored sell point. PS. I looked back at the five year history of that stock and couldn't help but to "dream" that it will continue its recent performance (a giant leap from 27 to 41 in the last week) as it surges to the $300+ price of 5 years ago. Now wouldn't that be sweet?
    Hi SLY-

Yeah, pulled out totally of FSLR, most of it a bit too early but for a gain nonetheless. I will re visit FSLR once I lighten up in other areas. The market unfortunately is not cooperating. If FSLR wants to retrace a bit further towards those highs, WOW that could be a sweet trade. GL

My Spurs are limping into the Playoffs this weekend. Hope they can find their MOJO and meet up with the Thunder in the WC finals at least if not the Finals against the HEAT.

Addict
    04-17-2013, 01:58 PM #7
    I guess i spoke too soon; my FSLR stopped out at 36.91............. I would have banked an extra buck (times 1K shares) had I stuck with my exit strategy when the price hit the upper trend line. It looked like it wanted to keep running however, so I took a chance. Nonetheless, I banked a cool $14 Grand in profit. I'll be looking for another entry point down the road, so will hold on to my proceeds for today.

Yes, I sort-of saw that your Spurs were fading a bit, and the Thunder was holding strong. The playoffs will certainly be interesting.

Enthusiast
    04-17-2013, 02:30 PM #8
    looking at pivot around 2.93 - but - reality is, I stand by the statement last month of kissing the 200dma.

edit: bouncing off of the 2.93 could very well give the earnings run a climb to the 3.20 level - based off of quick glance at the chart.

Just keep in mind that when there's a sell-off with the big boys, the little boys tend to get called home, too.

and, well, there's also a flurry of military activity around sandy eggo the past week - which tells me that there might would be incoming volatility in other arenas that effect markets.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 04-17-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Enthusiast
    04-17-2013, 02:34 PM #9
    also - it looks like AAPL is triggering a buy with the 393 - I'd be careful, though, as it's plausibly a dead cat bounce - that channel looks a bit scary for a buyNhold

case in point - the run from 480 to 512 back in January.

04-17-2013, 03:23 PM #10
    @Hillbilly... you a buyer or a seller in this market? I don't know what I am but I do know I am confused. It's been awhile since we've seen triple digit volatility like we have recently. Something is up for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12