Head Honcho
    04-16-2013, 09:22 PM #1

SiriusXM iPhone / iPad App Crashing

Since the latest version (2.5) of the SiriusXM iOS app was released a number of people have reported constant random crashes via twitter, email, and even in the comments of some articles but, there doesn't seem to be a centralized place to discuss what is going on.

My hope is that those people experiencing issues will find this thread and we can exchange some notes on what might be causing it.

For me, I am using an iPad3 and after uninstalling and reinstalling the App I am still seeing 3-6 crashes per day where the App completely closes out. To make matters worse, there is no logged event of this crash so there is nothing for me to pass on to SiriusXM's support.

If you have been having crashes issues, as so many people have (see the most recent iTunes reviews), please let us know what device you're using, how often it happens, what happens, and if there is a log of the crash event stored on your device.

Thank you all.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    04-17-2013, 11:45 AM #2
    I should also note, I only listen to talk on SiriusXM so, maybe the stations have something to do with it?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

04-24-2013, 09:04 AM #3
    I've been experiencing the same issue. iPad 3, newest update to the app, crashes multiple times a day. It doesn't seem like there is any rhyme or reason either, sometimes it happens after a few minutes, sometimes it doesn't happen for hours. And I listen to both talk and music so I don't think the channels have anything to do with it.

It's very annoying because I like to listen to O&A and I go back to the start of the show, but everytime it crashes it loses my listening point and I have to find it again.

Head Honcho
    04-24-2013, 12:37 PM #4
    Sounds like we are having the exact same problem. I wonder if it is related to the iPad3 hardware?

Thanks for taking the time to post, I hope others do the same.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder