Page 3 of 3 123
    Addict
    04-10-2013, 07:01 PM #21

GLA

Addict
    04-10-2013, 07:21 PM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    News for 'SIRI' - (DJ Sirius XM Radio Names Greg Maffei as Chairman)

By William Launder
    Sirius XM Radio Inc. (SIRI) on Wednesday appointed Liberty Media Corp. (LMCA, LMCB) Chief Executive Greg Maffei as its new chairman, further consolidating Liberty's control of the satellite-radio operator following a takeover early this year.
    Sirius XM also nominated two new additions to its board: Discovery Communications Inc. (DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) Chief Executive David Zaslav and Evan Malone, the son of Liberty Chairman John Malone.
    The appointment and nominations were disclosed in Sirius's proxy statement and 2012 annual report.
    Mr. Maffei's appointment is effective immediately, while the board nominations will be voted on at Sirius XM's annual meeting in May.
    Mr. Maffei takes the chairman position from Eddy Hartenstein, who will remain on the Sirius XM board, the company said. Evan Malone and Mr. Zaslav will replace John Malone and Charles Tanabe.
    The board appointments came after Liberty took control of Sirius in January following a months-long takeover battle.
    Liberty is a media investment company that also holds stakes in companies including Live Nation Entertainment Inc. (LYV) and Barnes & Noble Inc. (BKS).
    Write to William Launder at william.launder@wsj.com
    Subscribe to WSJ: http://online.wsj.com?mod=djnwires

(END) Dow Jones Newswires
    April 10, 2013 18:26 ET (22:26 GMT)
    Copyright (c) 2013 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.- - 06 26 PM EDT 04-10-13
    They also announced Meyers would get a bonus if he was let go before his new contract is up in Oct., which I feel he will get. The ball is starting to roll. Nice find Denco

04-10-2013, 07:42 PM #23
    Good stuff today! Can we say Dow 15K... ?
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Mentor
    04-10-2013, 08:18 PM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcloud View Post
    They also announced Meyers would get a bonus if he was let go before his new contract is up in Oct., which I feel he will get. The ball is starting to roll. Nice find Denco
    What's up RC!

You think they are going to replace Meyer??..before his contract is up?

Head Honcho
    04-10-2013, 08:57 PM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    @CLR

Maybe you can set up a thread for the closest to the Sub #s for Q1, with rep for the winner??
    Is anyone else interested? I dont know how many people are capable of counting/guessing sub numbers.

Should we do the closing price after the earnings call instead? I am game for whatever, I just dont want a sad thread with 4 guesses.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 3 of 3 123