Page 2 of 3 123
    04-10-2013, 12:27 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by I_know_nothing View Post
    I bought some more MJNA when we broke .25 yesterday. Seems like I jumped the gun.... I only have small $$s in it though since it is basically a coin flip at this point. May make one more buy if it drops substantially in the coming days/weeks and then just wait for a pop to flip and hold a small core position long term.

The green's are all over the place, most going up last few days after a long trickle down and MJNA is bucking the trend dropping significantly today, 9% on no news. I think it is attractive, but I have enough of it and no cash to play with at this time. I think it will bounce before the end of the day and reverse the trend. If I had cash I would buy more. NTRR also dropped big time today, finally, hitting 2$ ( it was $1.35 when it started to run up to $6 on Med Mar news) and may be a potential buy as well

When Eric Holder, the Attn Gen finally makes a statement he said would be "soon" more than a month ago, I cannot see him going after the 20 states that have approved Med Mar or the two that have legalized recreational use with such a tide of suport among the majority of the population. If and when that comes and it will be soon, the upside is significant, should be like Feb all over gain with doubling of stock prices, in my humble opinion, and I am positioning myself to take advantage of that. Yes you may loose some, but you may gain a lot more. Risk and opportunity, they go hand in hand.

04-10-2013, 02:06 PM #12
    It's scary for me to put so much faith in the Feds for prosperity.

04-10-2013, 02:10 PM #13
    I bot some SB but I am with you. It could be dead money for a little while. Keep us posted when you buy or sell. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Anyone still playing MJNA? I want to get back in for another pop but I dont link this current trend.

I am happy I got to scoop up some SIRI at 3.00
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Mentor
    04-10-2013, 05:32 PM #14
    Looks like the CC is 1 week earlier than usual. The quiet period has begun......all aboard...place your bets, should be fun!!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sirius...203000924.html

Mentor
    04-10-2013, 05:34 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    Looks like the CC is 1 week earlier than usual. The quiet period has begun......all aboard...place your bets, should be fun!!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sirius...203000924.html
    @CLR

Maybe you can set up a thread for the closest to the Sub #s for Q1, with rep for the winner??

Addict
    04-10-2013, 06:42 PM #16

Mentor
    04-10-2013, 06:45 PM #17
    News for 'SIRI' - (DJ Sirius XM Radio Names Greg Maffei as Chairman)

By William Launder
    Sirius XM Radio Inc. (SIRI) on Wednesday appointed Liberty Media Corp. (LMCA, LMCB) Chief Executive Greg Maffei as its new chairman, further consolidating Liberty's control of the satellite-radio operator following a takeover early this year.
    Sirius XM also nominated two new additions to its board: Discovery Communications Inc. (DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) Chief Executive David Zaslav and Evan Malone, the son of Liberty Chairman John Malone.
    The appointment and nominations were disclosed in Sirius's proxy statement and 2012 annual report.
    Mr. Maffei's appointment is effective immediately, while the board nominations will be voted on at Sirius XM's annual meeting in May.
    Mr. Maffei takes the chairman position from Eddy Hartenstein, who will remain on the Sirius XM board, the company said. Evan Malone and Mr. Zaslav will replace John Malone and Charles Tanabe.
    The board appointments came after Liberty took control of Sirius in January following a months-long takeover battle.
    Liberty is a media investment company that also holds stakes in companies including Live Nation Entertainment Inc. (LYV) and Barnes & Noble Inc. (BKS).
    Write to William Launder at william.launder@wsj.com
    Subscribe to WSJ: http://online.wsj.com?mod=djnwires

(END) Dow Jones Newswires
    April 10, 2013 18:26 ET (22:26 GMT)
    Copyright (c) 2013 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.- - 06 26 PM EDT 04-10-13

Addict
    04-10-2013, 06:48 PM #18
    Hey Denco etal. I've been unable to chime in for the past few days as I am visiting family in Tulsa and have very little time to be on the web. As I gloss over comments the past couple days I see comments of various hotspots of activity, for example FSLR which recovered and soothed all my mistakes yesterday with its 44% move. I treated that as an early Christmas present, and rather than taking my profits as it hit and exceeded the upper trend line, I opted to use a $2 trailing stop. So far I still own my entire holding, and I see that my "stop" if executed at this moment would represent a 29% profit this week. I'm okay to potentially sacrifice a few points for the opportunity to be on board in case it decides to really take off.

Now here is the story of my life.......... my wife, being severely afflicted by arthritis is extremely affected by cold weather. Consequently, I promised that if we waited until April to visit family in Tulsa, we'd escape the cold weather. Wrong........... yesterday it was 83 here, and today it is 37 with temps to go lower tonight. We fly out tomorrow, and we will be very glad to get back to balmy south Florida.

Good luck tomorrow to all.

Addict
    04-10-2013, 06:55 PM #19

Mentor
    04-10-2013, 06:56 PM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Hey Denco etal. I've been unable to chime in for the past few days as I am visiting family in Tulsa and have very little time to be on the web. As I gloss over comments the past couple days I see comments of various hotspots of activity, for example FSLR which recovered and soothed all my mistakes yesterday with its 44% move. I treated that as an early Christmas present, and rather than taking my profits as it hit and exceeded the upper trend line, I opted to use a $2 trailing stop. So far I still own my entire holding, and I see that my "stop" if executed at this moment would represent a 29% profit this week. I'm okay to potentially sacrifice a few points for the opportunity to be on board in case it decides to really take off.

Now here is the story of my life.......... my wife, being severely afflicted by arthritis is extremely affected by cold weather. Consequently, I promised that if we waited until April to visit family in Tulsa, we'd escape the cold weather. Wrong........... yesterday it was 83 here, and today it is 37 with temps to go lower tonight. We fly out tomorrow, and we will be very glad to get back to balmy south Florida.

Good luck tomorrow to all.
    HI SLY!!

Glad all is well. Been missing you on the board. I have not been posting much myself with work taking up my time as of late. CONGRATS on the FSLR pop, WOW was that a short squeeze, MAN it was awesome. I had a very small postition which I exited at $38. The bulk load of my position I sold for a small gain back in the $28.50 range after digging myself out of the CC hole. Oh well, to ride my entire postion up would have been SWEETT!!! but you cant win the all, at least not with homeruns. Have a safe trip SLY. Talk to you later. Oh yeah, the NBA playoffs are but a week away, a week from this Saturday I believe.

Page 2 of 3 123