Thread: SCH1P2 or RS232 cable for SCH1?

Hybrid View

SCH1P2 or RS232 cable for SCH1?

I just bought a SCH1 tuner and intended to hook it up to my home automation system. The only problem is that I cannot find the proprietary RS232 cable for it. I see that they do sell a separate package with the cable and tuner called the SCH1P2 but I can't find that anywhere either! Anyone have any pointers on this? Thanks.

Head Honcho
    As far as I know, the RS232 cable you need is a standardized cable (hence RS232). That means you can pick up a cable anywhere, it does not have to be a Sirius product. I'm guessing Radio Shack would have 8 pin DIN cables like that or you could check out what Amazon has here.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Thanks for the reply. According to the documentation (http://www.siriusretail.com/pdf/manu...tion_Guide.pdf) this unfortunately is not a standard cable. It actually includes a power injector and separate (from the unit) line outs. It is possible that when the DIN is used it inactivates the existing power in, and line out on the unit. I have seen some older posts from 2009 from someone who tried to adapt the 8 pin DIN to RS232 using standard cables and was not successful. If anyone knows for a fact or can shed light on where to get the required cable - please let me know. Thanks.

Head Honcho
    Interesting. Did you try TSS-Radio? If they dont have it, they know how to get it.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Thanks, that was the first place I looked. I called Sirius - tech support in India and they were doing the same thing I was doing - looking at the Sirius web site. After some teeth pulling I was able to determine, I think, that the SCH1P2 is discontinued and there is no way to get the RS232 cable separately. I will email TSS directly to see if they can provide add any light to the situation. It looks the unit is going back at present.

Head Honcho
    Those guys at TSS are usually really good with personal email questions.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

7. Ad Fairy Senior Member