Page 1 of 2 12
    03-29-2013, 09:18 AM #1

Friday - Sunday (3.29.13 - 3.31.13) Happy Easter Weekend Discussion

I hope everyone has a Happy Easter! Don't forget to dye and hide the eggs.

Law 4

Always Say Less than Necessary
    When you are trying to impress people with words, the more you say, the more common you appear, and the less in control. Even if you are saying something banal, it will seem original if you make it vague, open-ended, and sphinxlike. Powerful people impress and intimidate by saying less. The more you say, the more likely you are to say something foolish.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

03-29-2013, 09:47 AM #2
    This is for Redcloud and Denco1...

I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Enthusiast
    03-29-2013, 04:23 PM #3
    intriguing.

What's interesting is that we really do live in a culture of intimidation.

While the complexity that resides within the art is masterful and often well positioned, it's a sad and pathetic ending to what should and could be much more...towards the positive.

What is left is the mouths. The ignorant. The Ones with the loudest voice. The ones that actually have the answers; they tend to leave the building

ha. limh.

Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    [FONT=comic sans ms]
    Law 4

Always Say Less than Necessary
    When you are trying to impress people with words, the more you say, the more common you appear, and the less in control. Even if you are saying something banal, it will seem original if you make it vague, open-ended, and sphinxlike. Powerful people impress and intimidate by saying less. The more you say, the more likely you are to say something foolish.

Addict
    03-29-2013, 04:28 PM #4
    Thanks for the jam session Midas. talented kid, makes it look easy.

Addict
    03-29-2013, 04:30 PM #5
    Hope everyone has a great weekend and a Blessed Easter!!!!

03-29-2013, 06:32 PM #6
    Hillbilly... what you said is very true. These laws are from the book 48 Laws of Power. When I was in the corporate world, I learned that a lot of professionals lived and breathed this book. After learning that, it made it very easy for me to spot those that were trying to follow them. The most interesting part about this book is there are people that have never read the book but apply the laws not knowing they are doing it.

Is what you are saying kind of like the phrase "The squeakiest wheel gets the grease?" In my mind, the liberals are the squeakiest wheel and they are changing any and everything they can get their hands on. Free everything, Healthcare, Gun Laws, Marriage Laws, etc... If you do not support what they are doing, you better vote them out because it's hard to get back something once it's gone.

I apologize for the rant.

p.s. I am not a religious person BUT... how about we stop BULLYING JESUS so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    intriguing.

What's interesting is that we really do live in a culture of intimidation.

While the complexity that resides within the art is masterful and often well positioned, it's a sad and pathetic ending to what should and could be much more...towards the positive.

What is left is the mouths. The ignorant. The Ones with the loudest voice. The ones that actually have the answers; they tend to leave the building

ha. limh.
    Last edited by midas360; 03-29-2013 at 06:35 PM.

03-30-2013, 09:32 AM #7
    Amen! I wholeheartedly agree!

Mentor
    03-30-2013, 12:35 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    This is for Redcloud and Denco1...

Damn man that kid is good. Sometimes you just figure things out early in life and find your path. Looks like he's on the way. Great song. Thanks for the Vid Midas.

Happy Easter All!

Mentor
    03-30-2013, 12:40 PM #9
    @SLY

Tommorow's the BIG game. Should be a good one either way. Miami's defensive pressure scares me. My Spurs need to be on their A game to pull it out.....check you all out Monday for the hopeful ascent of the SIRI SP with strong Auto #s...

Addict
    03-31-2013, 09:41 AM #10
    Hey Denco, obviously I want the Heat to continue their winning ways, so I'll be in their corner this evening. One thought which enters my mind now is that since the Heat has secured the top spot and home advantage in their conference, one would think perhaps the coaching staff would be interested in saving the stars from any unnecessary physical strain or risk of injury leading in to the playoffs. Consequently, I almost think we might see a less than top lineup for the Heat going forward.

I hope everyone here will enjoy their Easter day in good health and in loving togetherness with family.

Page 1 of 2 12