Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Lifetime Question regarding Internet/Android

  1. #11
    joeepistonee is offline
    Junior Member
    joeepistonee's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 18
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    It costs 10000x more to send new satellites into space to broadcast to radios yet they don't charge lifetime subscribers for that. The cost of the app is minimal in comparison to the rest of their infrastructure.
    That's exactly why you pay for the service. SiriusXM put the satellites into orbit & are now getting back what they spent. The LTP's had free internet radio BEFORE the app was even made, that's what the initial terms were. It more than likely didn't say; " if there are developments such as an app for a mobile device, you will be able to listen to that whenever it is finished."

    Lifetimers didn't pay to be able to use the app, because it didn't exist. Therefore, if they want it, they pay for it.

  2. #12
    SiriusBuzz is online now
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,517
    Quote Originally Posted by joeepistonee View Post
    That's exactly why you pay for the service. SiriusXM put the satellites into orbit & are now getting back what they spent.
    They have continued to send new satellites into space yet, they are not charging more. There is another one set to go up this year, yet lifetime subs will still be able to listen after it is launched. See the problem?

    The satellites which were in the sky when Lifetimers signed up will be or have been retired so, by your logic, those Lifetimers should no longer be able to listen because the technology providing the service when they signed up is no longer being used.

    Using your words -- Lifetimers didn't pay to be able to use the [app] new satellites, because [it] they didn't exist. Therefore, if they want [it] them, they pay for [it] them.

    Again, I dont want to argue the technicality, my issue is with the spirit of the deal -- the whole idea behind a lifetime subscription is to give early adopters a deals/perks while scrounging up as much money as possible early on in the growth period. Now it sounds as thought SiriusXM doesn't want to want to honor the spirit of the lifetime sub, even though they got their much needed cash injection from those early adopters. Its unfortunate.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  3. #13
    joeepistonee is offline
    Junior Member
    joeepistonee's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 18
    Price increases have absolutely nothing to do with new satellites being launched, I'm sure of it...

    The satellite is what provides the service, which is obviously used & needed to receive the service. Never did Lifetimers have the app available when they signed up for service, so why should they get it for free now when EVERYONE has to pay for it?

    Rules change, and people need to get over it. You're never going to get the access of the app unless you pay for it. End of story.

  4. #14
    SiriusBuzz is online now
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,517
    Quote Originally Posted by joeepistonee View Post
    The satellite is what provides the service, which is obviously used & needed to receive the service.
    But you originally said "It costs money to produce the app, therefore it's a paid service, it's that simple."

    If that is your point, why doesn't it apply to the MUCH more expensive satellites?

    The cost of the app is MINIMAL and the company could have easily passed on this perk to lifetimers but, they didn't. Sad.


    Quote Originally Posted by joeepistonee View Post
    Never did Lifetimers have the app available when they signed up for service, so why should they get it for free now when EVERYONE has to pay for it?
    Because they took a HUGE risk and paid an upfront premium to the company when the company needed it the most.


    Quote Originally Posted by joeepistonee View Post
    Rules change, and people need to get over it. You're never going to get the access of the app unless you pay for it. End of story.
    We know. It doesnt mean that it doesn't suck and it wasn't a shitty move by the company. Now instead of happy lifetime ambassadors spreading the good word about the service you have unsatisfied customers less likely to sing the company praise.

    Its called bad business.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  5. #15
    joeepistonee is offline
    Junior Member
    joeepistonee's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 18
    It's actually called, "Life Goes On."

  6. #16
    SiriusBuzz is online now
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,517
    Call it what you will -- personally I think SiriusXM is in desperate need of better customer satisfaction rates and good PR.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  7. #17
    coolbreeze is offline
    Junior Member
    coolbreeze's Avatar
    Joined: Sep 2013 Posts: 3
    OP - you can get the $3.50 deal for internet radio to use on your smartphone. Your lifetime sub includes a free internet listening account, which can only be used on a computer.

    If you want to convert that to the lower rate $3.50 internet premium plan, it will cannibalize your free listening account.

    If it's worth losing it forever, call up SiriusXM and tell them your account page says you can add internet listening for a lower rate ($3.50). They will convert your account, killing your free lifetime internet computer login and you will only pay $3.50 for the new premium internet service.

    I have two lifetimes and cannibalized one. We still have one free internet login (PC only) and one lower priced that we use on our smartphones. Was worth it to me in the end to give up one of them.

  8. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •