Page 1 of 2 12
    03-28-2013, 07:53 AM #1

Thursday 3.28.13

No proverb from me guys, Midas please chime in when you are up and about, I value your thought provoking daily.

I Just read this AM yesterdays later posts and wanted to add my 2 cents.

Marijuana is classified as a class I drug in the controlled substance act, along with heroine with NO THERAPEUTIC value by the federal govt. There is a bill in congress with 14 sponsors to change that. it may not get into or out of committe for a vote this year, but eventually a bill will in my opinion.

Eric Holder, the Attorney General, is "about" to make a statement on how the feds will handle the states rebellion in this matter. I think 34 states allow medical marijuana use and 2 recreational (CO and WA).

http://www.marijuana-as-medicine.org.../leg-tall.html
    http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/0...soon-says.html

When Holder speaks he will drive the green stocks one way or the other, I know what I am hoping he says.

The Feds have serious money issues, and to legalize, regulate, and tax Med Mar rather than spend money fighting drug wars is looking very sensible, to the 2/3 majority of states, and to more and more congressman. I believe Obama has made statements like "we have bigger fish to fry" in reference to the States Med Mar rulings.

Regarding the big pharm, tobacco and booze companies; if their is money to be made it is business I see them getting involved in. They can build from the ground up, or they can also buy out existing players. I see many of the current players as buyout targets as a result.

I made a lot of dollars getting in and out of the big pops in early and mid February and I have been dip buying every 10 days or so and accumulating, quite in the red for my current position but hopefully a new pop will happen, if not I harvest some losses to offset my previous gains and overall am stil up quite a bit overall. BUT if it pops again it will be substantial. I think Holder's statement will be the key to the short term trend, accelerating the decline, or reversing it.

GLTA

03-28-2013, 08:00 AM #2
    Hey Radejs! Sorry I am late... Remember, the markets are closed tomorrow for the holiday!

Law 3
    Conceal your Intentions
    Keep people off-balance and in the dark by never revealing the purpose behind your actions. If they have no clue what you are up to, they cannot prepare a defense. Guide them far enough down the wrong path, envelope them in enough smoke, and by the time they realize your intentions, it will be too late.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Enthusiast
    03-28-2013, 09:51 AM #3
    As the yawnfest that is SIRI continues I've been trading BBRY. Just announced earnings this AM. Huge beat on EPS, slight miss on rev. Supposedly 30% of the stock is short. Could be a massive short squeeze in the upcoming week with the upgrades that will most likely follow.

Disclaimer: I don't have or have ever had or even entertained the thought of getting a BBRY phone.

03-28-2013, 09:52 AM #4
    In my opinion, GNIN looking tasty at 1.10 right now. Do your own research and make your own decision. My opinion only
    Last edited by radejs; 03-28-2013 at 09:56 AM.

03-28-2013, 10:33 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundeeez View Post
    As the yawnfest that is SIRI continues I've been trading BBRY. Just announced earnings this AM. Huge beat on EPS, slight miss on rev. Supposedly 30% of the stock is short. Could be a massive short squeeze in the upcoming week with the upgrades that will most likely follow.

Disclaimer: I don't have or have ever had or even entertained the thought of getting a BBRY phone.
    BBRY is a good short term trade but nothing more. Their quarter was buoyed by BB10 but it's not enough to keep them in the hunt as a major mobile player. Their eventual path is closer to NOK than AAPL.

Addict
    03-28-2013, 11:19 AM #6
    Talk about a confused market........... I started the week fearful of a pullback in some of my holdings. Sure enough, it began to look that way, so I took profits and decided to sit back and wait for the dips. Wouldn't you know however, that in my entire list of potential "buys", the trend reversed and those dips have yet to materialize. So while I wait for those choices, I went prospecting for some new culprits. Here are a few to keep an eye on imho: CADX, PMD, and ZBB............. that last one, while trading well under a buck, is listed on AMEX (as opposed to many other pennies), and has an attractive gap in the area of 38 cents which may prove to be a fortuitous entry in the near future. ZBB manufactures storage batteries for the solar industry, and with apparent budding interest in that industry (ref: FSLR which will soon rebound), it is forecast to soon take off. Consequently, I lay in wait in the gap with several bids between .34 and .38. Time will tell.

PS. Denco, I hate to say it, but looks like the Spurs are off the hook as regards my projection yesterday about them having the opportunity to be #30 in the Heat's winning streak. Still ought to be a great game between the two on Sunday.

03-28-2013, 11:32 AM #7
    Denco... what part of San Antonio do you live? I live in San Antonio too.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Mentor
    03-28-2013, 11:52 AM #8
    @SLY, I was unaware that Denver had lost there last game as well prior to last nights match up. The Spur's pulled it out barely. Denver is a tough team. Now the Heat got knocked off as well. It would have been BIG hype but will be a great game nonetheless. Really looking forward to the game.
    @Midas, Nice to live in SA. I used to go there frequently many years back when my girlfriend lived there. I really enjoy taking trips to SA but don't do it nearly as frequently. I live down south, bordertown, Laredo. Lots of crap going down on the other side. Used to be real fun to go across the river. Now most of us stay away.

03-28-2013, 11:57 AM #9
    @Denco... I thought you lived near hear. Laredo was a lot of fun back in the day but I am too scared to cross the border these days. I hope they get that under control so we can all enjoy going into Mexico and vice versus for the nationals.

Mentor
    03-28-2013, 12:31 PM #10
    Yeah, near by relative to everything else around here. South Texas is a big place compared to regions of most other states. Close to SA, Harlingen, Corpus, Brownsville etc... Really a shame what happened to the other side with all the drugs over the last decade. Was once a great place to go and have a good time with friends or to dinner with the Wife, girlfriend etc. Now it is a ghost town.

Page 1 of 2 12