Page 4 of 4 ... 234
    03-13-2013, 01:55 AM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Billionaires selling at an alarming rate.

http://www.moneynews.com/MKTNews/bil...source=taboola
    There have been a number of similar stories over the last few years using Wiedemer as the backdrop. I've read his books. He is/was correct about his main assertions in his Bubble Economy book and he has some good points in Aftershock, but there's a lot of fear mongering in Aftershock. He presents worst-case scenarios and writers latch onto his scenario of a 90% correction. I think we're due for a nontrivial correction but we shouldn't underestimate the Fed. They've propped things up much longer than I thought possible. Eventually with the debt bubble and Wall Street corruption more pain will have to be swallowed, but I don't think it will be quite as bad as these articles would have you believe. I think the erosion of the middle class and disintegration of the family will have worse consequences for our American society as a whole.

Head Honcho
    03-13-2013, 04:02 AM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by switchflare View Post
    I think we're due for a nontrivial correction but we shouldn't underestimate the Fed. They've propped things up much longer than I thought possible. Eventually with the debt bubble and Wall Street corruption more pain will have to be swallowed, but I don't think it will be quite as bad as these articles would have you believe.
    I agree and I hope you're right. I have plenty of cash and I'm ready for a good old fashion sale.

What is really interesting is, interests rates are so low that people are flocking to high dividend stocks like Verizon even though it is at 15 year high. I understand why its happening but I can't help but wonder how high the price can be driven. I'm a little bitter, I sold at $46 and I want back in
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-13-2013, 10:33 AM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I agree and I hope you're right. I have plenty of cash and I'm ready for a good old fashion sale.

What is really interesting is, interests rates are so low that people are flocking to high dividend stocks like Verizon even though it is at 15 year high. I understand why its happening but I can't help but wonder how high the price can be driven. I'm a little bitter, I sold at $46 and I want back in
    I held VZ for the last few years and also sold out recently, but not because I don't believe in the company....more because I'm expecting a general pullback. VZ is one of the few telecom companies that is doing business the right way. Their backbone and fiber base is better than any out there. Unlike the other wireless providers in our country, they don't do the bare minimum so their marketing department can declare "we have 4G". I believe their management's approach will open big doors for the company down the road.

Page 4 of 4 ... 234