Page 3 of 4 1234
    03-12-2013, 02:57 PM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Looking at the ONVO chart I don't see anything jumping off the screen which gives me any particular urge. Also, I wonder how much faith we put in the words of the broker who sponsors the stock. Wouldn't he necessarily have something to gain by putting out such information (whether it is true or not)? Would this be akin to "insider information"?

Don't get me wrong, but it surely would be nice to have a big chunk of ONVO if or when they get to the NASDAQ.............which however, begs one more question. I'm trying to think back a couple years as SIRI was inching toward the QQQQ listing, and if memory serves, that was not simply an automatic "application" process, and it didn't just happen on a random time frame. Didn't it have to do with Market Valuation as a minimal entry point, followed by a ranking amongst closest competitors? Seems to me all the ducks were lined up long in advance, and it was Dec 31 or some fixed date when the symbol began to be listed on that exchange............... Does anyone else here recall any of what I am saying? If so, please chime in. In the meantime, I'll try to recapture some of that entry qualification consideration.
    OK, first I apologize if I am dumbing this down.

Spencer Trask is a private equity firm, they fund private companies, not public, and bring private firms out to the public. They are not "stock brokers" My guy no longer has any interest in ONVO except in the fact the company and its bigger players probably still have shares of the now public company. Someone who was in on the financing put x dollars in and got x shares for a dollar each before it went public AND had a warrant to buy x more shares at a dollar up to a certain date after it went public. It has been in the news for a while that ONVO was calling in all the warrants and cleaning up the debt on the balance sheet to satisfy the listing requirements to be listed on NASDAQ. This was news a month or two ago, and frankly it slipped my mind until I was reminded of it on this phone call yesterday as we reminisced about all the good investments we have done together. I believe the listing requirements include a price of over a dollar and some other stuff listed here....

https://listingcenter.nasdaqomx.com/...itialguide.pdf

This is clearly what ONVO has been planning on, any "real" company of course does. When it does happen there will be a nice pop to the upper sinl;ge digits I suspect.

I am playing the swings and keeping a core of shares always on place.

My opinion and experience, take it with a grain of salt.

Guru
    03-12-2013, 03:05 PM #22
    midas...opp no? you must have sold em.
    Last edited by dm_4; 03-12-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Guru
    03-12-2013, 03:13 PM #23
    OK i admit i was working while listening to frear, so kinda just heard him as back round noise....i didn't get much out of it...not sure cuz i wasn't paying attn 100 percent or because as usual most of the time they reveal nothing at these things, pretty much the same old standard blah blah blah. Seemed like there was no enthusiasm today at this thing that frear was speaking at. just me or...?

Addict
    03-12-2013, 03:17 PM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    can we get a quick full disclosure on what stocks everyone is invested in or trading?

I own --> AT&T(T), Cullen Frost Preferred Shares (CFRPRA), MAKO Surgical (MAKO), MIMVI (MIMV).

The first 2 are my dividend payers both yielding over 5%. Those are my income generators that allow me to "trade" while earning me a return. The last 2 are my lottery tickets hoping one day they will hit.
    My wife and I have dedicated individual IRA accounts for our trading ventures, and one ROTHIRA which becomes totally tax free next year. After trimming significant volumes from our SIRI holdings we have diversified into the following equities which come and go along with market swings: AMT, BAC, C, F, FSLR, DDD, HLS, GMCR, NKTR, SBUX, and VVUS. Today she picked up some shares of PM (Philip Morris) as it met our buy criteria as learned in the book referenced here often: "Stikky Stock Charts". PM is the only dividend payer as far as I know, that we own for now. Outside of that list, the only other symbol in my mind's eye right now is BBRY, which looms as a possible attractive swing trade candidate.

03-12-2013, 03:38 PM #25
    I let the "experts" at Fidelity manage my retirement funds, in Portfolio Advisory Services and have a "balanced portfolio" of stock and bond mutual funds and that is the majority of my non-real estate assets, Biggest chunk is here overall, balanced and "safe"

I have two non-retirement accounts, one is a"bond ladder" of tax exempt municipal bonds maturing at different dates every few years and replaced with new ones each generating about 5% tax free income. This is bout 1/10th of the tax deferred retirement funds manages in PAS by Fidelity

I "play" with the other cash account account which for years was essentially all sirius and was extremely successful. I am at this moment 100% out of SIR as of a week or so ago, thinking it has topped out and looking a a dip to get back in.

I also have in this account AAPL, ONVO, FSLR, MJNA, HEMP, CBIS, PHOT.

I also have a lot of cash, about 1/3 of the trading account right now. Looking for dips to buy into, like ONVO's today and GNIN's a couple days ago.

Sold my GNIN today, think it is overbought, and looking to get back in lower, that Biatch has been swinging like CRAZY and by far my biggest money maker the last week or so, check it out. Good volume and decent liquidity too.

As I said I bought more ONVO today, while OTC I think a good company with a strong future AND very volatile for good swings but volume has been low lately making it possibly difficult to get out at a price you want. Probably why some of you have not had orders fill, not enough liquidity

03-12-2013, 03:53 PM #26
    Sorry DM... yeah. I sold OPK.

Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    midas...opp no? you must have sold em.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

03-12-2013, 04:36 PM #27
    seriously good news for Med Mar

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51148243#.UT-RGKKceD-

Federal Government Reports Marijuana Effective in Combatting Certain Cancers Reports ADSI

Head Honcho
    03-12-2013, 06:01 PM #28
    Sold out of Amazon today. I have been in an out of AMZN 250-275 three times now in the last couple of months.

All I really own at this point is Apple and Facebook and a couple grand worth of MJNA at .28. A couple of months ago I held 12 equities.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    03-12-2013, 06:10 PM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by radejs View Post
    seriously good news for Med Mar

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51148243#.UT-RGKKceD-

Federal Government Reports Marijuana Effective in Combatting Certain Cancers Reports ADSI
    I know where you've been, that wasn't the only news, how bout what Pelosi, and the lieutenant Gov. of Cali said, not counting Italy just legalized, it's starting to shape up.

Tripp Keber speaks in at a seminar in New York this week. 3-14
    https://mmjbusinessdaily.com/newyork/

But I liked the one you picked the most too, it's definately the Major of news.

I think we need to start a GREEN thread. Check out NTRR low volume=spooky tho
    Last edited by Redcloud; 03-12-2013 at 06:37 PM.

03-13-2013, 12:07 AM #30
    Billionaires selling at an alarming rate.

http://www.moneynews.com/MKTNews/bil...source=taboola
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Page 3 of 4 1234