Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: SIRI Daily Thread Thur 3.7.13 - Bruce Lee Thursday!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    midas360 is offline
    Senior Member
    midas360's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Location: Trading Pit Posts: 457

    SIRI Daily Thread Thur 3.7.13 - Bruce Lee Thursday!

    “Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

  2. #2
    radejs is online now
    Senior Member
    radejs's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 390
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    “Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

    Go with the flow my friends, be water, I like it. Thanks Midas.

    Lets hope it is a rising tide........

  3. #3
    I_know_nothing is offline
    Rad, what are your thoughts on MJNA recently?

    I'm still holding and I like that we seem to be consolidating around .30. After the run into the .50s it seems like this area makes sense to build a new base. The company seems to be making moves to better strategically position themselves and they aren't keep shareholders in the dark, which I like.

  4. #4
    siriusly_invested is offline
    Looks like today is the day for DDD to take the lead, and FSLR to play second fiddle. Interesting role swap.

  5. #5
    denco1 is online now
    Mentor
    denco1's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: Shortie's A$$ Posts: 1,351
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Looks like today is the day for DDD to take the lead, and FSLR to play second fiddle. Interesting role swap.
    I guess 1 out of 2 is better than neither SLY. Just when I thought FSLR had reversed.....it decides to take a dump. Maybe reverses a bit later.

    Looks lie The BassMan nailed the DDD call. Hope we don't see a reversal on this one later today.

  6. #6
    Limit5Bass is offline
    Senior Member
    Limit5Bass's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 443
    If DDD started wave 3 today, which it appears it is doing, then expect a close near the top of the candle today
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    I guess 1 out of 2 is better than neither SLY. Just when I thought FSLR had reversed.....it decides to take a dump. Maybe reverses a bit later.

    Looks lie The BassMan nailed the DDD call. Hope we don't see a reversal on this one later today.

  7. #7
    radejs is online now
    Senior Member
    radejs's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 390
    Quote Originally Posted by I_know_nothing View Post
    Rad, what are your thoughts on MJNA recently?

    I'm still holding and I like that we seem to be consolidating around .30. After the run into the .50s it seems like this area makes sense to build a new base. The company seems to be making moves to better strategically position themselves and they aren't keep shareholders in the dark, which I like.
    First, I AM NO EXPERT. Take this all as it is, my opinion, and do your own research.

    I have a lot of shares of MJNA, PHOT, HEMP, CBIS and most are having little peaks then slowly dropping and more or less stable last 10 days. I has and sold some MWIP for a profit and have not re-bought but it seems like a good company involved in lots of medical financial transactions and financing. I can see them to continue loosing money going forward slowly without the stimulus of good news, to which they often can pop up strongly at any moment. They also have had some strong drops and I have alway bought at the bottom of those drops and made 20-30% in a day or two doing so.

    I think it will trade sideways until some good news breaks. When the congress decriminalizes and taxes marijuana and allows medicinal use, removing it from schedule 1, all the stocks will explode, no doubt and why I am holding a lot of shares, positioned to benefit from that and tolerating the small losses I have lately (which are overwhelmed by previous gains). I have been lucky. I buy on dips and sell some at certain triggers taking some profits and accumulating shares for the future.

    I do have concerns about MJNA's book keeping, moving money and shares between there divisions, and generating revenue that way, seems easy to spin it positively. They do have real products and real sales, mostly (or all) in CO, but cannot ship across state lines so they need to have manufacturing in each state they sell and I have heard talk of other facilities for other states but none exist I am aware of.

    A friend of mine told me about GNIN last week, I think he thought it was a "green" stock but is actually a bamboo product company that has been very volatile. It was 3$ recently then dropped to 40 cents over a few days where our llimit order kicked in and it has benefitted from good news like a whole foods contract, a federated stores contract, etc repeatedly since and has been a pleasant surprise, dominating my gains by far since purchase, a 4 bagger as of today. I almost sold half today, missed the first peak, but it did not drop so hard like it did Monday and I am glad I held, still up 15% today as I write. It is relentless and it may see 3$ again. Not sure what to do with this one, good problem to have.

  8. #8
    Limit5Bass is offline
    Senior Member
    Limit5Bass's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 443
    First, I posted a SIRI update on my site.....my long term outlook isn't as bright as I had once hoped....http://www.trendystockcharts.com/siri/siri-372013/


    As far as first solar goes SI, it looks like it is in a corrective wave, which could have completed as it does sub-divide into a 5 wave motive wave to the downside. If so, look for the low of 24.46 to hold from 3/4. On a re-test if the 24.46 holds, then FSLR is probably forming corrective wave b. Corrective wave b usually does not go past the prior high of the formation but gives you one last chance to exit your position before corrective wave c begins

    FSLR 2013-03-07.jpg

  9. #9
    siriusly_invested is offline
    Er, OK, thanks, I think. I think I have a mental block when even thinking of Elliott Wave.......... that since I tried to muddle through their free, 3 video tutorial. I'll review what you just said (maybe several times) and hope I understand. I think the gist is that if it doesn't show a positive motion, then whatever is shows is a signal to exit stage right. I think I got it now. Thanks.
    Last edited by siriusly_invested; 03-07-2013 at 03:29 PM.

  10. #10
    Limit5Bass is offline
    Senior Member
    Limit5Bass's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 443
    uh, yeah basically what i said is FSLR could have hit a short term bottom....watch the prior bottom from a couple days ago to make sure it doesnt go below. If it doesnt, then it is probably making its last gasp upwards.

    Take a 50% retracement of this current drop - usually a stock will come back up to the 50% line before continuing its correction - that can at least give you a starting point of where FSLR's bounce can go to

    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Er, OK, thanks, I think. I think I have a mental block when even thinking of Elliott Wave.......... that since I tried to muddle through their free, 3 video tutorial. I'll review what you just said (maybe several times) and hope I understand. I think the gist is that if it doesn't show a positive motion, then whatever is shows is a signal to exit stage right. I think I got it now. Thanks.

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •