Page 3 of 3 123
    10-06-2015, 11:21 AM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Can you prove that? My car is registered with them, what information do you have on me? I'd be happy to take this conversation private to verify your claim.
    I can prove it and just cancelled my sirius account because of it:

How do I know you ask? Every few months I google myself to see what records exist on various search engines. Today, I found http://vin.place/index.php#search[1] which listed one of my cars associated with my full name, address, VIN and model number. On a whim, I backed up to the search feature and plugged in my last name (to see my other family members), and the only other car that popped up was for me again.
    What's interesting, is that the other car it showed me was not mine. My car is a 2007 Mercedes Sedan, and it showed me a 2008 Mercedes Convertible. But I recognized the car it showed me. You see, when I first purchased my car, the sirius module had been removed by the PO. I did some research and determined that a W211 E-Class mercedes radio was the same model number as a 2008 Mercedes SLK radio. I found one in a junk yard off a wrecked car for 10% of the cost that Mercedes would charge me new and bought it. I plugged it in and to my surprise it was so recent it still had a few month's subscription left.
    When the subscription ultimately expired, I called in Sirius to pay for it. When they pulled it up based off of the ESN/SID, they asked me to verify that my car was a 2008 Mercedes SLK. I went ahead and explained to them where the radio came from and gave them all of the new relevant info.
    Well I guess that means that on my account there were now two VINs. One for the MB Convertible SLK and then the one for my actual car.
    So when I plug in my name on vin.place, it shows me two cars. One, my real car, the other has my correct name and address, but every other attribute is pulled from the wrecked SLK that my radio came from. That is the ONLY possible explanation for how this random website has my name associated with that SLK is that SiriusXM has sold my information, as there is no where else where that VIN would be linked to me.
    Shady..... but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Mods can message me for screenshots if they want proof.

10-20-2015, 03:45 PM #22

Unhappy Check this out:

Sirius’s privacy policy website http://www.siriusxm.com/pdf/siriusxm...policy_eng.pdf
    and found this.

Page 4 of 10 between Vendors and Other Uses. "Third Party Offers" in bold.

"Third Party Offers. We may share personal information and demographic information with nonaffiliates in
    order to have them send you offers or other information we think you might find of interest. They may use
    your email address, postal address, or telephone number."

I just filed a BBB.org complaint on SiriusXm.

We have received your complaint and we are currently reviewing it.
    Thank you.

Better Business Bureau Serving Metropolitan New York (New York, NY) 30 East 33rd Street 12th Floor New York, NY 10016 Phone: (212)533-7500 Fax: (212)477-4912 Email: Inquiry@newyork.bbb.org Web: www.newyork.bbb.org

It's been 2 Years of non-stop phone calls and harassment about a car i've never owned + I added my friends car to my sirius account and thats how I found out they gave out my information.

10-20-2015, 03:48 PM #23
    LOL you are a LIAR sir a freaking LIAR.. hows it feel to come to work every day and lie for a living?

Third Party Offers. We may share personal information and demographic information with nonaffiliates in
    order to have them send you offers or other information we think you might find of interest. They may use
    your email address, postal address, or telephone number.

READ YOUR OWN PRIVACY POLICY.. I HAVE CAUGHT YOU AND YOUR COMPANY IN A HUGE LIE!!

01-13-2017, 12:27 PM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by CancelledSirius View Post
    I can prove it and just cancelled my sirius account because of it:
    Yeah, I'm pretty pissed off about this as well. I had been plagued with calls and letters from warranty companies for years. I thought it was funny at first that they thought I owned a 2009 Dodge truck. After awhile I finally made the connection. I pay for Sirius for my brothers 2009 Dodge Truck... sure enough the vin.place link shows my brothers truck and VIN with my address.

They ONLY way this is possible is by sirius selling my info.

Which leads me to... I called and bitched them out royally last year when I figured it out. They 'opted me out' of providing my information to third company people. Just recently the calls started again so I had to bitch them out again. I hope this time it lasts a bit longer, otherwise I'm cancelling the service.

Page 3 of 3 123