Page 2 of 3 123
    04-10-2014, 02:32 PM #11
    I am having the same issues. I drove my brothers 2008 ford edge to California for him. I called Sirius to see if I could have a free trial. The only person that knew I drove that car was Sirius. Now I have had 20 calls on an extended service plan for the 2008 ford edge that I have never owned. Just got one today and it finally dawned on my why I have been getting them. Has to be Sirius. I am very disappointed with them.

04-18-2014, 11:43 PM #12
    I subscribed to this forum specifically to respond to this thread. In September of 2013 I was fortunate enough to be given a company vehicle. The truck was satellite ready & my work saw no problem with me activating it as long as I maintained the account. I activated the truck but a few days later saw a $170 charge on my CC from Sirius. Upon investigating I saw another vehicle was added to my account, a 2012 Cadillac. It was a mixup & the account was credited and cleared. No problem.

Now how this relates to this thread... I have been getting calls and letters from a company called Vehicle Protection Center who are asking me to extend my warranty on my 2012 Cadillac & my 2010 Chevy. My only conclusion is that this is coming from Sirius. Neither vehicle has any association with my name other than my Sirius account.

I have tried to make this case to them on Facebook but the only response I get is "we assure you we do not sell your information". My response was it was either hacked or they really don't know what's going on in their own company. I have done many different searches on Google and most of them have linked Vehicle Protection Center with their Sirius/XM subscription just like I found here.

09-26-2014, 10:31 AM #13
    In the privacy policy it states that they can "share" your info with companies that you may be interested in. So in fact they do not "sell" your info. Please know this is a huge company, owned by an enormous company (Liberty Media) so your info is flung far and wide.

10-22-2014, 09:07 AM #15
    Well they sold mine too or they own a sideline warranty company. I am having the exact same experience. It did not take me long to figure this out. I acquired service for a gift for my sister. I have another for my wife. Neither car has not been to a dealer since they have owned it. Sirius is the only company that has my number associated with these cars. At first I laughed about it mostly and asked them to take me off the list. After a bunch of calls I am pretty irritated. Heck, my sister has not had service for two years now!

I called them and they told me the same thing. That means that the extended warranty guys must be an affiliate.

In addition to their customer service being poor at best, they now bombard you with marketing calls. I keep the service so my wife can listen to the news as opposed to radio shows when she commutes to work. I am exploring other possibilities now.
    Last edited by The Hedgehog; 10-22-2014 at 09:10 AM.

Head Honcho
    10-22-2014, 09:15 PM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hedgehog View Post
    Sirius is the only company that has my number associated with these cars.
    What about your insurance company? They know about your car and have your phone number right?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-29-2015, 06:31 PM #17
    Sirius XM does not sell your information/ at least that is what they tell thier employees. I am a listener care rep, and in training they disclose that we do not sell that info to other parties.

The reason they already knew what kind of vehicle it was is because when you give us a radio ID or VIN of a vehicle with built in Sirius or XM radio, the Radio ID is listed under that certain vehicle

03-30-2015, 02:28 PM #18
    I too have proof that siruisxm sells your info. I too have gotten these calls. I subscribed with my previous vehicle and Sirius spelled my name wrong in the billing. They called me Holly instead of Molly. They also had my maiden name on file instead of my married one. I never corrected it because I didn't think it was important. A year later I receive calls asking for Holly and my maiden last name. Literally no one else has that information. They lie about what they do.

08-06-2015, 02:01 AM #19
    I work for an auto warranty company & we buy info from Sirius Xm. If you've registered your car with them, we have your information.

Head Honcho
    08-06-2015, 10:32 PM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia Beal View Post
    I work for an auto warranty company & we buy info from Sirius Xm. If you've registered your car with them, we have your information.
    Can you prove that? My car is registered with them, what information do you have on me? I'd be happy to take this conversation private to verify your claim.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 2 of 3 123