Page 1 of 3 123
    03-04-2013, 06:34 AM #1

Sirius/XM selling customer info?

In summer 2010 I left my car with a dealership to have some warranty work completed and while there they did some body damage to it. Once they finished the warranty work it had to be sent to an offsite body shop. Long story short the vehicle manufacturer was only willing to cover the expense of the rental car through Enterprise for the days it was there for the warranty work and left the dealership to foot the bill for the rest. Instead of continuing with the rental car the dealership gave me a relatively new vehicle that had taken in on trade but had not been put out on the used car lot yet.

The vehicle was a 2010 Dodge Charger with factory installed Sirius/XM. Since the subscription on the Charger was expired I called Listener Care with the unit ID number and had it added to my account for the time I had the car. When I provided the ID number they knew what year make and model the car was without me telling them. The vehicle I owned at the time only had a dock n play unit so they did not have this information for my car.

Fast forward to Summer 2012 I began receiving letters in the mail from companies wanting to sell me an extended warranty on my 2010 Dodge Charger. I also began receiving letters from car dealerships wanting me to trade in my 2010 Dodge Charger. I blocked my phone number and called a few of them to see where they got their information but none of customer service people I spoke to had that sort of information.

The only company that would have had any record of me having that vehicle was Sirius/XM. The dealership only gave me a copy of the paperwork showing they had purchased the vehicle, nothing had my name on it. My insurance company also had no knowledge of the details on the vehicle, the dealership just called them on the phone to ask if my insurance would transfer to a rental.

After receiving half a dozen of these in a few weeks I called Listen Care to inquire about the possibility that Sirius/XM was selling customer’s information. Of course the representatives that answer the phone had no information about that but took my name and number to have someone call me back. After multiple calls I still have not heard from anybody at Sirius/XM regarding the issue.

I am curious to know if any other Sirius/XM customers with factory installed radios in vehicles model year 2010 or older have received similar offers in the mail. At this point I am still receiving junk mail on this car that I have never owned almost weekly.

I currently own a 2011 Model Year vehicle with factory XM so I will be watching my mail later this year for similar offers from the same companies.

03-05-2013, 02:36 AM #2
    SiriusXM has never, nor will they ever sell your personal info. They use it for internal use only.

02-15-2014, 01:56 PM #3
    That is absolutely not true that SiriusXM doesn't share your information and I believe I have the paperwork to prove it.

For the past several years I have been paying for the XM subscription in my brother's truck. This is the only XM subscription I am currently paying for and has been for at least two years.

In the past month I have started receiving extended warranty offers in the mail with MY BROTHER'S vehicle information.

The ONLY place where there is an association with his vehicle and my home address is via the SiriusXM account. We don't even live in the same State.

If there is another explanation other than SiriusXM selling or otherwise sharing my information with a third party, I would love to hear it.

Head Honcho
    02-15-2014, 06:42 PM #4
    How/when did you activate the subscription? At the dealership?

If there is no explanation, you should report this to your local AG or something. I'd love to know if this is happening.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

02-20-2014, 11:46 PM #5
    I got my brother's XM radio ID from his truck and then activated a subscription for him online. His car dealer was in no way involved in any part of the transaction. As I stated above, the ONLY connection between his vehicle and my address is SiriusXM.

03-18-2014, 01:54 PM #6

Angry Sirius XM Sells your information to third party after market warranty companies.

Quote Originally Posted by joeepistonee View Post
    SiriusXM has never, nor will they ever sell your personal info. They use it for internal use only.

I recently added a friends vehicle to my SiriusXM account. I received a call from a third party extended warranty company trying to sell me a after market warranty for his vehicle.

Sirius/XM is the only company who knew I had any relation to this vehicle as in no way was this car in my name or related to me. SiriusXM is selling your information and the details about your car/s to this after market warranty scam company.

I just called and canceled my services with Sirius XM due to this, the rep said they where not aware of their company selling information however how is some lady in India going to know what their parent company in USA is doing?

Is there a way to opt out of Sirius from selling your information? If so I might consider restarting but not at this time... I don't want to reward Sirius XM for their dirty deeds!!!

Head Honcho
    03-18-2014, 04:15 PM #7
    You guys should ask them publicly on their facebook page. Their US support runs the site and they will get an answer to you... especially if its publicly embarrassing. https://www.facebook.com/siriusxm
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-19-2014, 01:00 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    You guys should ask them publicly on their facebook page. Their US support runs the site and they will get an answer to you... especially if its publicly embarrassing. https://www.facebook.com/siriusxm
    They deleted it in a SECOND.. I did blast them in twitter.

Head Honcho
    03-19-2014, 03:18 PM #9
    Its not deleted, its just hidden to the public. They will still reply to your question, they just move support questions off the main page.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-27-2014, 01:53 PM #10

Angry Yes they are selling your data and they tell you in your agreement they are going to:

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Its not deleted, its just hidden to the public. They will still reply to your question, they just move support questions off the main page.

SiriusXM Radio I confronted SiriusXM about leaking my customer information to an aftermarket warranty company without my permission and they claimed they do not sell the information. I just caught them in a huge lie..

Sirius’s privacy policy website http://www.siriusxm.com/pdf/siriusxm...policy_eng.pdf
    and found this.

<b>"Third Party Offers. We may share personal information and demographic information with non-affiliates in order to have them send you offers or other information we think you might find of interest. They may use
    your email address, postal address, or telephone number."<b>

Many other people are complaining about this also:

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...-customer-info

Shame on SiriusXM I have cancelled my account due to their corporate greed. Now using spotify and pandora in my car no need for their service anymore. If you like them giving out your VIN NUMBER, Make and model of your car and your phone number to telemarketing companies please continue.

The up side is they wont sell this data as long as you are an active customer but, if you where on a free trial or cancel your account that's when they sell the information to this third party extended warranty scam company who will harass you with telemarketing calls until you block them.

Good luck.. no thanks Sirius I don't like my personal information being given out especially my private cell number and what kinds of cars I own!!!

Page 1 of 3 123