Page 2 of 5 1234 ...
    Mentor
    03-01-2013, 11:57 AM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    Just a reminder on SIRI...

Today at midnight is the deadline for the 7% bondholders to take the deal. This could be the reason we are seeing bigger volume and BIG blocks today and yesterday. Also some sort of rebalancing today.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1186...m?source=yahoo
    Would be real nice for the SP going forward if the Bond Holders are converting and selling while SIRI is coming in to buy and retire the shares.......effectively removing the toxic debt from the books.

Head Honcho
    03-01-2013, 12:01 PM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
    I was a little surprisd by the lack of comments from yesterday. Seems like everyone is more interested in talking about modems, AM/FM, transponders.
    Understanding the company you're investing in is probably a good idea... right? If you're evaluating the stock on potential market expansion when that expansion is not feasible, its probably good to talk about that and understand it.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-01-2013, 12:07 PM #13
    Sorry about that Spoons. I think we tried to keep the discussion in after market hours. I do want to know how Sirius XM and everyone plans on delivering content to the connected automobile via the internet. It could make or break Sirius XM down the road.

Off Topic: for you blackberry customers (still around), here is a good article ---> http://seekingalpha.com/article/1238...nt_update_link

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Understanding the company you're investing in is probably a good idea... right? If you're evaluating the stock on potential market expansion when that expansion is not feasible, its probably good to talk about that and understand it.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    03-01-2013, 12:10 PM #14
    Hey RC. Good job sticking to your guns and buying the dip. I got mine too.

I don't spend much if any time on forums anymore, especially when things get tough because the weak get louder.... that's when I tune out the noise (like Luke Skywalker bungholing the Death Star).

Anyway, if I had Golden Balls awards to offer, you'd get one.

Guru
    03-01-2013, 12:20 PM #15
    Midas im actually glad you brought it up. I for one am def not clear on what plans malon, att, siri and auto have in minde yet. I hear karmazin and i believe meyers even said it too that, eventualy "in cars, when it comes to siri, 1 + 1 = 3". I still have no idea what the hell that means....but i believe it has to do that once the dashboard is figured out in cars, that siri will have a distinct advantage over the P and spotifys of the world. I enjoyed the topic that you and rc were kicking around last night and the others that added their valuable insight on it. Again i still do not see the clear picture on it, but obviously something is in the works. I think the new bird goes up in april. if anyone else has more to add to it to subject to help this simpleton understand the big picture more clearly, im all ears. thanks guys. My two cents is that i believe live nation will somehow be involved eventually as well.
    Last edited by dm_4; 03-01-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Mentor
    03-01-2013, 12:28 PM #16
    Good to see you Wolfie. Noticed that you haven't been around at either place much as of late. Hope all is well on your end.

I bought the dip as well though not as hard as I would have liked to because I am stuck in a few other stocks that I want to piss out as soon as I can. Don't be a stranger dog. GL
    Last edited by denco1; 03-01-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Addict
    03-01-2013, 12:58 PM #17
    Flare and Spoons, I'll have to get back at you all later when I'm not mobile, too much to hen peck.

@Wolfe, thanks man, coming from the guru of seeing thru the fog himself, I appreciate it.
    You can take a horse to the water but you can't make him drink, that's fo sho!!!

Now lets make some money...Benjamins baby!!!

03-01-2013, 02:17 PM #18
    I personally do not think Sirius XM can provide internet service via their Satellites. I think that's the hurdle they are working on and trying to clear. "Internet Car Radio" has already made it to the dashboard and I think it's just a matter of time before it takes off. IMHO. Whether Sirius XM plays a major a role or not is still a mystery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    Midas im actually glad you brought it up. I for one am def not clear on what plans malon, att, siri and auto have in minde yet. I hear karmazin and i believe meyers even said it too that, eventualy "in cars, when it comes to siri, 1 + 1 = 3". I still have no idea what the hell that means....but i believe it has to do that once the dashboard is figured out in cars, that siri will have a distinct advantage over the P and spotifys of the world. I enjoyed the topic that you and rc were kicking around last night and the others that added their valuable insight on it. Again i still do not see the clear picture on it, but obviously something is in the works. I think the new bird goes up in april. if anyone else has more to add to it to subject to help this simpleton understand the big picture more clearly, im all ears. thanks guys. My two cents is that i believe live nation will somehow be involved eventually as well.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Mentor
    03-01-2013, 03:10 PM #19
    Hoping to get my 3.17 hit on my 3.10 buys...

Here's a little something for the SIRI errrr lovers......come and get it.

Last edited by denco1; 03-01-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Mentor
    03-01-2013, 03:14 PM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    Hoping to get my 3.17 hit on my 3.10 buys...

Here's a little something for the SIRI errrr lovers......come and get it.

Goodbye 3.10s.......I'm a bit partial to NALGAHIGHSIRI......come and get it SIRILOVERS!!!
    Last edited by denco1; 03-01-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Page 2 of 5 1234 ...