Page 5 of 7 ... 34567
    Mentor
    02-28-2013, 06:22 PM #41
    DM!

What's up man...been wondering what happened to you dog. Glad everything is cool with you. Good to have another SIRILONGDUCKDONGBULL on board. Play the swings with some overcore and keep the rest stashed under the matress.

Addict
    02-28-2013, 06:29 PM #42
    I beg to differ Midas, Mel took us to a nickel, and when he left he gave us a nickel This has been Malones' show ever since a nickel, imo

2-28-13.png

Thanks SF, got it bookmarked
    Last edited by Redcloud; 02-28-2013 at 06:34 PM.

02-28-2013, 07:02 PM #43
    Good point Redcloud. It just seemed like everyone thought of Mel as a god.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcloud View Post
    I beg to differ Midas, Mel took us to a nickel, and when he left he gave us a nickel This has been Malones' show ever since a nickel, imo

2-28-13.png

Thanks SF, got it bookmarked
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    02-28-2013, 07:43 PM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    I was fortunate enough to keep pushing money in like you even after I lost a lot. I made it back with some gains too.

I wonder if there will ever be another stock like Sirius XM. I wish these CEO's would look after the retail investor like Mel did.
    This sounds like "show and tell" day at my grandkids school class.

And, I have my favorite tale to tell about my good fortune with SIRI. I too was one who started buying at a little above a nickel, then held my breath as it slid to the 5 cent price. Not too long thereafter when the price had recovered to 11 cents, a pal convinced me to open a ROTHIRA and seed it with SIRI shares. So, the next day I opened a ROTHIRA at TDA, moved 35000 SIRI shares into it, paid the $1100 tax bill due at year end, and never looked back. Today I look at that account, now worth a bit over $125K and growing, with a smile on my face in belief that a year from now I can begin tapping that resource with NO tax obligation.

Rule is that it must sit there for 5 years, and of course you must be a seasoned citizen older than 59 1/2 in order to exercise that privalege.

BTW, in the past week I have totally depleted my SIRI shares from that account where I now have three other productive equities and a fair amount of cash. As of now I have no particular plans to deplete that account even though it is tax free money. Instead, i'd like to aggressively build on it in hopes it'll be worth a lot more before I'm even temped to go for it.

And that is my "show and tell" to say how fortunate I feel to have joined this band of characters almost 5 years ago.

PS. My wife and I still own SIRI shares in a couple other tax deferred accounts. Unfortunately, those subject us to taxes when and if we begin to draw them down.

Addict
    02-28-2013, 07:43 PM #45
    Their's alot off people that think the sequestor is a good thing. At least something is getting done, No New Spending Plus Cuts=Reducing the Deficit. Just a thought.

02-28-2013, 07:47 PM #46
    Redcloud... don't smack me but I am one of them that think the sequestration is a good thing. I am tired of Obama talking out one side of his mouth then saying something else. Obama needs to be held accountable and responsible for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcloud View Post
    Their's alot off people that think the sequestor is a good thing. At least something is getting done, No New Spending Plus Cuts=Reducing the Deficit. Just a thought.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    02-28-2013, 08:01 PM #47
    Redcloud... don't smack me but I am one of them that think the sequestration is a good thing. I am tired of Obama talking out one side of his mouth then saying something else. Obama needs to be held accountable and responsible for it.
    Don't worry Midas, I'm not for none of them, they all had their 14 months, it's over. I hope they all get what they deserve the next time around, for doing what they have been doing, which is nothing. But even if they do shoot theirselves in the foot, they did us all a favor, screw'em. If I ran my house like that, I'd be in the hand out line too, screw'em. Enough said.

Last edited by Redcloud; 02-28-2013 at 08:05 PM.

02-28-2013, 08:30 PM #48

One of the more knowledgeable reporters about the financial workings of WS and government.

Sequestration Cuts Crisis Makes Me Want to Strangle Both Sides

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...sides-20130226

Addict
    02-28-2013, 08:33 PM #49
    I think everyone is getting this modem thing in the car wrong, AT&T isn't the one that needs/wants a modem, and neither do we if we intend on utilizing bluetooth. I mentioned it in chat last night, imo, the modem is for us. I've been saying it from day one. We are going to be the one's to connect the car, Not Apple, Not Pandora, Not Microsoft,....Us. Be prepared. If we plan on piggybacking off of other peoples' bandwidth, why have Sats? Or better question, what are they gonna be used for? We got the lockdown, all according to plan. Wake up people!!!

My theory on Apps is they are evolving the internet, giving the source of the bandwidth more control over it's usage and efficeincy. I imagine an App with on demand Auto tuning, how much data would that require, very little. The system is gonna be integrated into the cars onboard computer, hence a modem needed, with an un-interuptable data connection across the continental US.

Discloser: I do not foresee people searching the internet while driving Maybe while parked and $2.99/mth

I also got to say, I have a background in networks, and this is not far fetched. Liberty and At&T have rubbed elbows in the past, and then Siri and AT&T,(tho we still don't know what it was about) coincidence? AT&T has been needing some help to get back some respect, think about it. It's the dream team. Liberty, Siri, and At&T. The competition aint gonna know what hit them. But make no doubt, the hardware that makes it all happen will be ours. We are poised for the perfect position.

I don't know if any of you alls' phones' are set to seek out a wifi or bluetooth connection first, to save on BW and data usage, if your car was connected thru our network, there would be ways to tap into it, whether by bluetooth or wifi. What if that connection was cheaper? Oh, and don't forget about the Google based UI. Yep, Google, LYNX. Almost forgot about that!!!

If I was a short, maybe I would be saying now is a good time to....

Last edited by Redcloud; 02-28-2013 at 09:11 PM.

02-28-2013, 08:47 PM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Charles, haven't you read the news about the FED printing $83Bil/mo and pumping it into Wallstreet to give the artificial impression that the economy is doing well? As long as they continue that deathly process, I suppose we should just continue to go along for the ride........... and then be ready to seek safe shelter once the printing presses shut down.
    So why is Washington making such a big deal about 85 billion in cuts when that's just one month of spending for the Fed. Simple solution, just tell the Fed to take a month off.

Page 5 of 7 ... 34567