Page 1 of 3 123
    02-27-2013, 07:56 AM #1

SIRI Daily Thread Wed 2.27.13 - Wacky Wednesday!

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen!

Did you hear about the recluse that had millions of dollars in gold coins in his garage? Apparently, his mother started collecting back when gold was $35oz. It makes you wonder if we should be buying silver coins right now? You think maybe in 20-30 years, silver coins will be $200-$300oz? Something to think about.

Also, don't forget about the Guess the March 31st Closing SIRI Price contest located here. I see some of you already made your guesses. Hurry up there's still time to make your guess!

Happy Trading Today and Remember... Don't sweat the petty stuff but pet the sweaty stuff!
    Last edited by midas360; 02-27-2013 at 08:05 AM.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    02-27-2013, 09:51 AM #2
    Denco, how's YOUR DonkeyDong Hanging this morning with that additional collapse of FSLR? You think maybe we can salvage it with additional shares at or near $27?................ If we match our purchase count of yesterday we could bring our cost basis down to $28 or slightly higher. I wonder if that's the right logic. Looks like Futures around the globe are positive at this moment. That seems to be the only indicator we have to go on............ talk about an unlucky stroke (for both of us).

PS. Not looking too good according to PM press this morning. As you mentioned last evening, the market didn't like the guidance, and furthermore, looks like a downgrade or two were issued this morning. Guess we wait and see what direction it goes, and how for, if further downslide is in the cards.
    Last edited by siriusly_invested; 02-27-2013 at 10:07 AM.

Mentor
    02-27-2013, 10:19 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Denco, how's YOUR DonkeyDong Hanging this morning with that additional collapse of FSLR? You think maybe we can salvage it with additional shares at or near $27?................ If we match our purchase count of yesterday we could bring our cost basis down to $28 or slightly higher. I wonder if that's the right logic. Looks like Futures around the globe are positive at this moment. That seems to be the only indicator we have to go on............ talk about an unlucky stroke (for both of us).

PS. Not looking too good according to PM press this morning. As you mentioned last evening, the market didn't like the guidance, and furthermore, looks like a downgrade or two were issued this morning. Guess we wait and see what direction it goes, and how for, if further downslide is in the cards.
    Like a turtle head unfortunately SLY.........The stock is dropping like a rock, that's it at this point.

Looks like it want's to test the lower BB at around $26.50 ish. Looking at the chart I cant help but notice the $2 ish gap at $16. If it doesn't bounce early off of the lows I may take my loss and wait for it to show some direction. I don't want to ride it down another $10 ish. Yes, I thought about buying at the lower BB range, getting a bounce and then clearing out and letting it come in a bit more.

Mentor
    02-27-2013, 10:23 AM #4
    Just bought a few more at 26.35 hoping for a bounce.

Addict
    02-27-2013, 10:46 AM #5
    I almost pulled the buy trigger at 27 but decided it's too iffy around there, so pulled it down to 26.75 which seems to be right above support. In the long run, I'm sitting at a no loss (and very narrow gain) on FSLR since I first began trading it a few weeks ago. Consequently, I don't feel I need any panic selling at the moment.

EDit: well, so much for the support being just below 2.75.............. That's where my order executed.............. and the price continued down and bounced off of 2.25.............. wow..Thank goodness my other stocks are in the green.
    Last edited by siriusly_invested; 02-27-2013 at 10:56 AM.

02-27-2013, 10:54 AM #6
    I sold out yesterday of most everything. Don't know if I call in panic selling or presenting myself the opportunity to buy at bargain prices IF sequestration kicks in and all the uncertainty that will potentially drag on the markets.

Mentor
    02-27-2013, 11:14 AM #7
    Well SLY, lets look at the bright side......there is a huge gap that needs to fill at some point from yesterdays close at 31.36

02-27-2013, 11:27 AM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Did you hear about the recluse that had millions of dollars in gold coins in his garage? Apparently, his mother started collecting back when gold was $35oz. It makes you wonder if we should be buying silver coins right now? You think maybe in 20-30 years, silver coins will be $200-$300oz? Something to think about.
    My wife's grandparents were supposedly doing the same. When her grandfather passed away a couple years ago, the family thought they could use some of the coin collection to pay off debts, etc. Turns out they were all the commemorative gold-plated junk that is peddled on TV. Oooo....shiny things. Ha!

Addict
    02-27-2013, 11:42 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    Well SLY, lets look at the bright side......there is a huge gap that needs to fill at some point from yesterdays close at 31.36

GAWD Denco, did you see that analyst quote this morning with a target price of $9.00? That scares the crap out of me.

02-27-2013, 11:50 AM #10
    I bet that news didn't go over well. I love shiny objects!

Quote Originally Posted by switchflare View Post
    My wife's grandparents were supposedly doing the same. When her grandfather passed away a couple years ago, the family thought they could use some of the coin collection to pay off debts, etc. Turns out they were all the commemorative gold-plated junk that is peddled on TV. Oooo....shiny things. Ha!
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Page 1 of 3 123