03-19-2013, 12:20 PM #1

Exclamation Stiletto 2 only stores 4-5 scheduled recordings before deleting

I record several news programs during the day and program my Stiletto 2 to save three episodes of each show. This worked fine for years. Just recently it started deleting shows so fast only four or five shows TOTAL are on my Stiletto 2 at any one time. I still have plenty of one time music recordings from years ago that are untouched. It's just the scheduled programs that seem to be deleted quickly. I have done a soft reset and a radio refresh. I was hoping someone would have some insight into this problem before I have to deal with the incompetence of Sirius customer support.

Head Honcho
    03-19-2013, 01:59 PM #2
    How fast is it deleting shows exactly? Within a day? Two? Seven?

I ask because the iOS app deletes onDemand shows after 7 days. Im wondering if there is an overlapping issue.

That said, I havent heard anyone else talk about your issue specifically.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-19-2013, 06:17 PM #3
    It seems today within 24 hours. I'm down to only having two shows on my Stiletto 2 now. One recorded for 2 hours at 7 am and one recorded for an hour at 5pm. Everything else has erased. I don't have any iOS devices. I don't even have the PC software installed on my desktop anymore.

This is a very weird problem. I haven't changed anything and I haven't found any other similar reports on the internet.

Head Honcho
    03-19-2013, 06:49 PM #4
    If this becomes a widespread issue there will certainly be people piling into this thread.

Since the shows are deleting so quickly I wonder if there is an issue with the memory on the S2? You said the other shows erased but, did you ever listen to them? I wonder if they were ever really there to begin with??? Weird stuff like this happens when hard drives fail.

Is the hard drive full or close to it?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-19-2013, 07:47 PM #5
    Hard drive space has never been a problem. I didn't even know stilettos came with a hard drive. I assumed it was some kind of solid state memory. Given that so many shows are automatically deleting so fast this is the emptiest the device has been in years. Honestly I don't even take it out of it's dock for months. It's exprienced only a fraction of normal wear. It is on all the time and records in the mornings and in the evenings on most days.

The shows were there. I listen to portions of some. What I'm going to do is delete all the schedules and reprogram them. I will see if that does the trick.

Head Honcho
    03-20-2013, 03:07 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by hackintosh2000 View Post
    Hard drive space has never been a problem. I didn't even know stilettos came with a hard drive. I assumed it was some kind of solid state memory.
    I am sure it is a flash drive but, I didn't want to get technical. You never know the level of knowledge someone has.

Quote Originally Posted by hackintosh2000 View Post
    What I'm going to do is delete all the schedules and reprogram them. I will see if that does the trick.
    Please let us know how you make out. You might be able to help out future S2 users!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-21-2013, 11:33 AM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I am sure it is a flash drive but, I didn't want to get technical. You never know the level of knowledge someone has.
    No prob. To be honest with you I don't really know what is inside it. Besides the issue last year the device always worked so I never thought about it. Isn't that the way technology should be?

I don't know what I did but is seems to have started working again. I did delete the schedule I had programmed in. I reentered all the recordings I wanted. I turned the device off and removed the battery. It didn't seem like it worked but today for some reason it is retaining all the shows. I went from having zero scheduled recordings being retained to six since yesterday evening. Oddly it showed a show from January and one from March 16. I did not want to risk another meltdown so I just deleted them.

I'm going to try and make sure I shut the unit down completely at least once a week so the memory doesn't get scrambled. It's just weird after years of flawless service something like this would happen.

Thanks for your help.