Page 1 of 2 12
    02-22-2013, 09:30 PM #1

Nascar broadcast delay?

I'm watching the Truck series live on Speed TV, but it's about 1-2 mins ahead of the satellite broadcast / channel 90...is this normal?

I am listening via the internet feed..
    Last edited by MikeCee; 02-22-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Head Honcho
    02-22-2013, 10:18 PM #2
    I know this is a stupid question but, did you click the "go to live" button to make sure you were live? Also, are you using the beta player or the old web player? I'm not sure if there is a difference but, it might be worth checking out.

I've never heard anyone else mention this but you could always let them know on their facebook page http://www.facebook.com/SiriusXMNASCAR

I find the company is pretty responsive when you start asking questions publicly ;-)
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-19-2013, 03:19 PM #3
    I noticed that they are turning off the old web player on march 27th.When i listen to the pga tour golf on xm channel 93 it is very close to live but on the new sms player it is about two minutes behind and that is on the go to live button.It takes away a lot of the enjoyment.Anyone know if they are going to change this?

Head Honcho
    03-19-2013, 03:30 PM #4
    At the top of the new online player it says "we'd like to hear about your experience with MySXM! Submit Feedback."

Click that link and let them know! Ive submitted a bunch of bugs and will submit yours too. Im sure you're not the only one having this issue.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-19-2013, 03:53 PM #5
    Thanks hopefully they will fix it or at least reconsider leaving the old web player on.

Head Honcho
    03-19-2013, 04:42 PM #6
    No problem. I want this thing to be as good for everyone as possible.

BTW, don't count on them keeping the old player on. There is no way they will support two different platforms.

Good luck with your channel, check back in if you hear anything or notice any change!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-24-2013, 08:20 PM #7
    There is a delay on all live broadcasting on the web or android/apple. I listen to CNBC and baseball often. I called support and they had no idea. Filed a BBB complaint to try and find someone with an answer and i got a call from a US rep that stated that's just the way it is. And they gave me one year from android w/o me asking. It is $3.50 or so for me since i have a lifetime.

04-18-2013, 10:00 AM #8
    The reason for the delay is that the satellite service is directly out of the satellite to your radio.

The internet service is fed/fueled from the satellite service, so it takes a minute or two for that process to take place as far as the multiple data type conversions that take place, then the packetizing.

Head Honcho
    04-20-2013, 04:29 PM #9
    What good is two minute old sports audio when you're watching it live?

For instance, if I'm watching NASCAR live but, I'm listening to my favorite drivers in-car audio on SiriusXM... what good is that? I'm listening to what he said or did 4 laps ago.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

04-22-2013, 03:45 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    What good is two minute old sports audio when you're watching it live?

For instance, if I'm watching NASCAR live but, I'm listening to my favorite drivers in-car audio on SiriusXM... what good is that? I'm listening to what he said or did 4 laps ago.
    Charles, you are asking two disparate systems to synchronize because you want them to work together. It's not that simple.

Our internet feed has to go through the process it goes through, which is naturally going to cause it to be a couple minutes behind.

If you listen on a satellite radio, you'll notice it is very close to what you are seeing on the television. Our internet product takes a longer route to your listening device.

Sorry Charlie....

Page 1 of 2 12