Page 2 of 4 1234
    Addict
    02-22-2013, 02:15 PM #11
    I decided yesterday to get the heck out of my OTC volatility; dumped ONVO and PHOT. Put the proceeds in DDD when it hit the gap at 54 late yesterday. It's at $57+ today, so i guess that was an ok move.

02-22-2013, 03:45 PM #12
    Like no volume with SIRI today. End of the day bounce on volume waiting on the side lines??? I hope/think so

02-22-2013, 05:08 PM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by radejs View Post
    Like no volume with SIRI today. End of the day bounce on volume waiting on the side lines??? I hope/think so
    Opposite, unfortunately

Enthusiast
    02-22-2013, 05:11 PM #14
    Thanks RC.

Who do we all expect to run Med Mar companies? Seriously. You cant get any bank financing, I hate to say it but you pretty much have to rely on what is probably laundered illicit or personal funds. Hemp is openly run by a former drug smuggler, a very smart and successful one, who served 9 years in jail for his crime without victims. These people know the business, they are the experts. One this prohibition is lifted, and its coming, serious new markets will evolve and explode. Who will the winners be? WTF Knows. For now, swings to trade, swings to trade. That is my motto.

Interestingly, Fidelity has recently labeled me a "day trader" and actually give me shitloads of "day trading" funds like 4 time my margin limits. I have never gone near the limit, a bit Scary to think of loosing that, but I am enjoying the flexibility to buy something at the best time and not have to worry about selling or transferring or calling someone. It sure was fun and profitable with MJNA today.

Are you sure there are not more fees associated with a "day trader" account?

SIRI a 3.05 close........NOW things are getting interesting

02-22-2013, 05:25 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundeeez View Post
    Are you sure there are not more fees associated with a "day trader" account?

SIRI a 3.05 close........NOW things are getting interesting
    Def not for me at least at Fidelity. When I got the notice I called and talked at length. I still , as always, pay $7.95 a trade, any trade, regular, after hours, pink, zillions of shares, etc. I think they are required if one makes so many trades in a 30 day period to characterize one as such, and there is no down side, actually an upside, with more money made available to trade

I seperately got them to lower my margin rate to 2.24% too, to match my home equity line, or else I was just going to use that money for margin and they wanted to keep that business too.

02-22-2013, 05:48 PM #16
    Can you explain how you did that please? I am with Fidelity and would like to know what you did and said. Thanks!

I seperately got them to lower my margin rate to 2.24% too, to match my home equity line, or else I was just going to use that money for margin and they wanted to keep that business too.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

02-22-2013, 06:06 PM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Can you explain how you did that please? I am with Fidelity and would like to know what you did and said. Thanks!
    I just said I have a HEL at 2.24% and can you please lower your rate to that. If you cant, no big deal, I will just use my HEL to cover margin ( I have my accounts linked, and can transfer money instantly). I sent that in a message to my account rep. Someone else called me back and sad ok. It is possible my accounts and my business 401k money was considered in this too, they like to make me happy. All they can do is say no. I did not need them too, I have easy access to the funds if I want to trade on margin, which I do not do a lot of but temporarily I do to buy a dip and not be forced to sell something else right away. I am sure they are making money at that rate too, less but not zero or negative, so less is better than none.

Merrill has Libor based loans,BTW< and I refinanced my residence at 1.875% from them. Variable, libor based, but I think for a while rates will be low, and I can always refi later.

Addict
    02-22-2013, 07:16 PM #18
    Sucky day huh? That daily chart looks mighty familar, hummm? It's all good. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Here's a little entertainment for the weekend, for those interested, it's actually a little entertaining. I may have to reconsider mjna, looks like their up for the fight. Not because of today, but because of this...

They are the leader of the pack after all, and I learned a long time ago to never bet on the underdog, not if you want to make any money anyway. I just like the fact they are not planning on taking it sitting down, that's why I'm glad Mel's gone. GLA

Edit: For those that want to get straight to the point, go to minute 21
    Last edited by Redcloud; 02-22-2013 at 07:19 PM.

02-23-2013, 09:42 AM #19
    RC, can you please explain your turnaround on mjna? The video is unavailable.

Addict
    02-23-2013, 12:01 PM #20
    OT. Anybody notice that DDD did a 3 for 2 split after hours last night? I went back and saw the announcement earlier in the month saying it is effective with shares of record on 2/15 and will begin trading at the new price on 2/25. I got my extra shares registered in my account during the night. I have a question though: what if you were not a share holder on 2/15 and you bought shares yesterday at the market price ($56 plus or minus)? Do you lose value because your share count didn't increase, and each share as of next Monday, 2/25 is now worth 30% less? Am I reading that right? So if you initially entered DDD after 2/15 you are a loser? If that is true, then that sucks. Surely I'm wrong. Someone please tell me.

Page 2 of 4 1234