Page 4 of 5 ... 2345
    02-21-2013, 07:29 PM #31
    I am not suggesting what the author is saying isn't true or not. Seeking Alpha is an interesting news website/source. You probably know this but any and everyone can write articles for Seeking Alpha. It's a fairly simple process to follow. You sign up, write an article, and submit for publication. It apparently goes into a queue waiting for an "editor" to review your submission. If he/she likes it, you're published. Now comes the interesting part and that is, is the information correct in the published article? Well apparently that's up to the editors and SA readers. If the editor sees something that is untrue or they don't like, it's not published. If a reader reads the article and sees something that isn't true they have a couple of options. They can either submit the issue to Seeking Alpha or write their own article. It's an interest model to say the least.

Thanks for posting that link because I completely missed it. That was written on Feb 15th (last friday) and the stock has been trending downward ever since? I guess everyone's a financial analyst over at Seeking Alpha despite their education or experience.

Good stuff Redcloud!

Quote Originally Posted by Redcloud View Post
    I found it SLY, just for you, GL man
    This article
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1187...ical-marijuana

That picture of his mug shot looks faked, but this is what made me decide to go

That looks like real legal documents tho...
    Unless SA is wanting to get sued outa business, I would say there has to be some truth.

The only way I see this having a happy ending is if he distances himself away from the company, far, far, away...
    Last edited by midas360; 02-21-2013 at 07:31 PM.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    02-21-2013, 07:34 PM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    ha, we posted at the same time...thats what Im thinking..
    I sure wish you hada saved some of that powder, we need as many fighters as possible, I'm down to one more bullet my own self, the bottom is definately close, and if anyone gets a $2.92 shoot!!! They are shaking the money tree, that's for sure, and congress's greasy palms are right there with them, you can bet, it's too easy. This suckers loading up, getting ready for the cataupalt. Imo

Addict
    02-21-2013, 07:43 PM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    I am not suggesting what the author is saying isn't true or not. Seeking Alpha is an interesting news website/source. You probably know this but any and everyone can write articles for Seeking Alpha. It's a fairly simple process to follow. You sign up, write an article, and submit for publication. It apparently goes into a queue waiting for an "editor" to review your submission. If he/she likes it, you're published. Now comes the interesting part and that is, is the information correct in the published article? Well apparently that's up to the editors and SA readers. If the editor sees something that is untrue or they don't like, it's not published. If a reader reads the article and sees something that isn't true they have a couple of options. They can either submit the issue to Seeking Alpha or write their own article. It's an interest model to say the least.

Thanks for posting that link because I completely missed it. That was written on Feb 15th (last friday) and the stock has been trending downward ever since? I guess everyone's a financial analyst over at Seeking Alpha despite their education or experience.

Good stuff Redcloud!
    The point is you just can't publish article's that aren't true about people, without being held liable and accountable for deflamation of character. This one, if not true, would definately fall in that category, I don't see SA putting themselves in that position over an inspiring writer, I'm sure they've got their t's crossed, they've been in the game awhile.

Enthusiast
    02-21-2013, 07:49 PM #34
    off-topic question re: subscriptions **** off the top of the head (please don't spend time researching it)****

Does anyone know if Sxm still offers Lifetime subs?

Addict
    02-21-2013, 08:44 PM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    off-topic question re: subscriptions **** off the top of the head (please don't spend time researching it)****

I don't know HB, I'm not a subscriber, I'm just a believer, been in this game right at 10 years I guess, since pre-Howard. on the outside looking in, but I know what we got. I need new car...my car had an ipod adapter put in and I think it screwed up the sat rad, doesn't recognize it no more, can't get it free when they broadcast, it sucks. 2007 Vette with NAV, that's why I was gonna get the lynx, but wasn't to impressed, so held out. Don't have bluetooth option, so I had to go with the bluetooth/FM transmitter option via smart phone and the clarity sucks, tho I do get to use music library of 2000+ songs, that get's old fast. CD's kick Azz tho!!! If sat rad is cd quality I'm a buyer when there's a market a market for people in my situation. One of these days I'm gonna get a connected car, no more fumbling with a phone...It'll recognize me when I sit down, like my Vette does, except cd quality, it's coming continental style, Imo!!!

Sorry, imo, I doubt it, but I'm guessing

Really I need a truck. I haven't even ever listened to SatRad to know what I'm missing, but if it's what I hear, cd quality radio, I could only imagine what it would sould like in my car. I'm definately a potential subscriber in the mist, but they got to give me something I can work with, and right now that's buying a new vehicle or replacing hardware. I'm sorta stuck at the moment. Wonder if them new Vette's have Bluetooth, I'm a mobile type of person, all I need is a bluetooth option and a Lynx 2.0
    Last edited by Redcloud; 02-21-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Head Honcho
    02-21-2013, 09:09 PM #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post

Last time I asked it was $700 but they no longer advertise it and I want to say that the last time I called they said it was no more. In the time leading up to its end you had to call and ask for it so, if you want to know for sure, you'll have to call. I would call for you but you said I can't spend a lot of time researching :-)
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    02-21-2013, 09:24 PM #37
    shake em up shake em up shake em up shake em!!!

GLA

Mentor
    02-21-2013, 09:47 PM #38
    Damn Romo...your bringing back some bad memories with this one!!! hahaha...SPNG taught me a huge lesson...stay the hell away from the pennies...nothing but red ink...unless your quick on the trigger!!

JS

Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    well RC...I got the low $3 I was expecting from the charts, as we were discussing it was just on a longer time frame

...lets see if we get an October November performance that filled a supposed gap at 2.57 with this gap at 2.92. Chart looks the same here at $3.20 ish with a double top and the same type of market scare tactic shake out. The 50 day didn't hold up except at the close, could be a sign it wants to go lower.

As for pennies....GET OUT WHEN YOU SEE A MUGSHOT of someone involved with the company, IMMEDIATELY! lol, I know from experience.

Addict
    02-21-2013, 10:17 PM #39
    I do got to say Romo, got his low 3's, and that's what we need, I'm more here now lets be specific, and he's more, in a little bit, it's hazey but I see what could happen in the future Maybe we can both be right in different instances. I do got to admit, I was way off on call the close of $3.14 today, it's more of a test to myself, but I tried. 3.12 close tomorrow , tho I believe when we leave this dip, we are moving big, .20 spread Imo, if people aren't buying at these levels, their screwing up... Gla

Disclaimer: This is all Redclouds speculation: enter at your own risk
    Last edited by Redcloud; 02-21-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Enthusiast
    02-21-2013, 10:42 PM #40
    Thanks Charles - that gives me hope enough to invest the time.

I've gifted a half dozen or so LTsubs over the years. The highest I paid was $500 a couple of years ago for a Sirius sub. I've got a couple of buds that have fallen into the "Deserves This" category...and, well, why not...limh.

My churn rate on the one year sub+radio subs is better than Sxm's - gifted at least 20 of those over the past eight years that I've been a fan.

One of the things that sucks is that they don't (or didn't with the last LT that I gifted) include streaming online.

RC: I'm just the opposite of you. While I have a rather high end unit in my truck, I almost never use the iPod that's <always> hooked up and filled with MY music or play CDs. As it turns out, I'm much more of a curated content guy than I'd ever have suspected.

I also really dig the online player & mobile App. The On Demand and Auto Start features are well worth the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Last time I asked it was $700 but they no longer advertise it and I want to say that the last time I called they said it was no more. In the time leading up to its end you had to call and ask for it so, if you want to know for sure, you'll have to call. I would call for you but you said I can't spend a lot of time researching :-)

Page 4 of 5 ... 2345