Page 3 of 4 1234
    02-20-2013, 06:49 PM #21
    A couple of us are considering moving over some of our more "risky" investments into more of a dividend basket of sorts. One of the stocks we are purchasing is Cullen Frost Bankers, Inc. (CFRPP). The stock is preferred and is currently trading in the gray sheets waiting to hit the NYSE in 30 days. If you run over to Yahoo or your broker, you will see it trading but you won't see the bid/ask price. You will have to call your broker for that information (phone quotes only). It's currently trading under it's PAR Value of $25 around $24.41 - $24.60 AND it pays a nice 5.35% dividend. The first installment is $.45 payable June 15th. Not too shabby. So bottom line is you can you buy this stock under below it's market price before it hits the NYSE. When it hits it will be trading under CFR-A. You can go over to SA to read more about it

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1205...ce=google_news

I purchased a nice chunk today for $24.51 and $24.56
    Last edited by midas360; 02-20-2013 at 06:52 PM.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    02-20-2013, 07:24 PM #22
    I 'gotta say a couple of things, re. market behavior recently.

First of all, I have a neighbor who will go to his grave with the belief that Obama has been the best thing for the stock market since Christ was a pup. I got an ear full just before the election of "look at all the money you made during his first term"............ Well, I guess we do owe it to the regime, but I got wind of something today which really put a damper on that scenario, and furthermore, scares the bajeebies out of me............... What if you were to believe that the Fed has been printing $83 Bil. per month for the explicit purpose of propping up the stock market? With common knowledge that Wallstreet is a barometer of financial health in the country, then such cash infusion (buying stock at the rate of $83Bil per month) could surely tell a convincing story when votes are needed. I don't know how to dispute or confirm that story, but frankly, I don't doubt it. Now what happens when the printing presses break down, or there is no further incentive to continue that practice?

Secondly, this damn public bickering over the Sequester is simply a bunch of game play BS. There's no friggin way 800,000 civilian contractors are going to lose their jobs, and who do they think they are kidding when they say the school teachers, policemen, firefighters, doctors, etc. are going to fall by the wayside when this $85Bil is taken away (since when are teachers, firemen, and police jobs dependent on Fed dollars?). First of all, it's not $85B but approximately half of that. And it is not being taken away; by definition, it is technically a slow down in planned growth. All the uproar and public rhetoric is just political game play and when it all is said and done, it will not make a bit of difference in our daily lives........ So, let's get this crap behind us and let our stocks get back on track for growth. This is all a bunch of friggin crap!
    Last edited by siriusly_invested; 02-20-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Addict
    02-20-2013, 08:23 PM #23
    I think it's was more like " GET READY FOR LAUNCH DOWN!!! T-minus 0 For today anyway... It's a nice day to pick up some cheap one's. Thinking about dwelving around in AH's.

02-20-2013, 09:02 PM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    I hadn't checked in the last week or so....i wonder if i mis-entered the date in my calendar previously or if they moved the CC....

interesting time for a downgrade....maybe to pick up more shares? things that make you go hmmmm

EDIT: I am sure whomever was buying yesterday to give DECK it's highest close in months just said....thank you....

EDIT 2: Here is a current chart I am looking at....the purple channel is a prior gap-down channel that is currently acting as support

I'm not too functional right now....I am setting up my new mac retina laptop and transferring files..just got my new laptop last night
    Attachment 871
    I took a bite of DECK yesterday at $43.50. Maybe a day early but who knew. BTW the downgrade was based on valuation...not sweating that one.

Enthusiast
    02-20-2013, 09:12 PM #25
    for starters, when was the market at the level that we're at now? what goes up...

the FED has been doing fancy footwork for a while - folks are only NOW beginning to step away from the divisive wedge issues that were surrounding which asshat would be sitting in the oval office. there is relative difference between Obama & Romney beyond ideology. Well, at least not that's even worth talking about at this point.

Screen Shot 2013-02-20 at 5.07.27 PM.png

here's where I think that we *should* be trading - sans reason to trade higher - the reason; I just don't see...

ultimately - I do, indeed, see a continued drop & consolidation in this area. YMMV DYODD blah blah blah

Screen Shot 2013-02-20 at 5.07.39 PM.png
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 02-20-2013 at 09:17 PM.

02-20-2013, 09:16 PM #26
    The Fed is spooking the markets. It feels like it is going to rollover. The VIX was up 18% today.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Mentor
    02-20-2013, 09:41 PM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    for starters, when was the market at the level that we're at now? what goes up...

the FED has been doing fancy footwork for a while - folks are only NOW beginning to step away from the divisive wedge issues that were surrounding which asshat would be sitting in the oval office. there is relative difference between Obama & Romney beyond ideology. Well, at least not that's even worth talking about at this point.

Screen Shot 2013-02-20 at 5.07.27 PM.png

here's where I think that we *should* be trading - sans reason to trade higher - the reason; I just don't see...

ultimately - I do, indeed, see a continued drop & consolidation in this area. YMMV DYODD blah blah blah

Screen Shot 2013-02-20 at 5.07.39 PM.png
    Thanks for the input HB! Always appreciated.........I do need a yellow box at some point............

Addict
    02-20-2013, 10:32 PM #28
    If you bought the low's of today, you made the right decision,imo.

2-20-13.png
    Last edited by Redcloud; 02-20-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Addict
    02-20-2013, 10:49 PM #29
    Sequestration March 1, 8 days people, prepare for doom!!! Or not Imo.

2-20-13.1.png

I mean really, do we expect the retards to not come up with another punt, or are they gonna sit on the ball, punting has worked so far, unless they were gonna go for 108 yards, which we all know they don't have it in them, most of them could probably hardly get off the couch. Do we expect them to jeopordize their luxurious careers, or just wait til the last minute to punt again, a punt is so easy, the American people fall for it all the time, and they reap the benifits, like they really did something. All of our leaders are a joke!!!, Imo. They should be the first one's to go without a paycheck. Ain't no telling how many of them are getting paid to keep our markets in turmoil. They've had a year, and where are we?, the same place we were over 12 months ago. That's pathetic!!! Why do I see our Knight's in shining armor coming to the rescue at the last minute? Because that's the way the game is played, off the backs of the ordinary citizens, all the while gaming our fates and fortunes. Aren't they so good, they are coming too help us soon. Yee Haw!!!

DOWN..., SET....., KICK!!!
    Last edited by Redcloud; 02-21-2013 at 12:53 AM.

Addict
    02-21-2013, 12:00 AM #30
    Time to load up the truck!!!, Imo, GLA

2-20-13.2.jpg

I ain't scared $3.14 close tomorrow!!!
    Last edited by Redcloud; 02-21-2013 at 12:16 AM.

Page 3 of 4 1234