Page 1 of 3 123
    02-15-2013, 09:10 AM #1

SIRI Daily Thread Fri 2.15.13 - Meteor Shower Friday!

Hope everyone make lots of money today! Can you change it to Friday. Sorry about that.

Markets Closed for Presidents' Day

See how the holiday affects Fidelity

On Monday, February 18, 2013, the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), Nasdaq, and other markets will close in observance of Presidents' Day. Bond markets will also be closed, and there will be no premarket or after-hours trading sessions. Banks and the U.S. Postal Service will be closed as well.
    Here is how the holiday affects Fidelity:
    Investor Centers: Closed Monday
    Exchanges and markets

• NYSE, Nasdaq, AMEX, all options exchanges: Closed Monday
    • Directed trading: Closed Monday
    • Extended-hours trading: Closed Monday
    • International trading: Most international markets are open. The Canadian market is closed on February 18 for Family Day.
      • International market and currency access: Orders entered through the Trade Stocks International Trade ticket will be eligible for execution.
      • General foreign equity trading: International orders (foreign ordinaries) entered through the domestic trade ticket using the five-letter pink sheet symbol will be queued for the next trading day.

• Listed fixed income market: Closed Monday
    • Over-the-counter fixed income market: Closed Monday
    Last edited by midas360; 02-15-2013 at 09:27 AM.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

02-15-2013, 09:40 AM #2
    Rumor has it PHOT, Growlife, a green stock, one with revenue they say, is going to release its quarterly report very shortly. They have released on Feb 14-16 the last couple years. May drive the greens one way or the other. Trade well my friends.

02-15-2013, 10:06 AM #3
    I may have to trade that rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by radejs View Post
    Rumor has it PHOT, Growlife, a green stock, one with revenue they say, is going to release its quarterly report very shortly. They have released on Feb 14-16 the last couple years. May drive the greens one way or the other. Trade well my friends.
    Last edited by midas360; 02-15-2013 at 10:18 AM.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

02-15-2013, 10:19 AM #4
    Markets are looking a little wishy washy. Is anyone going to cash?

02-15-2013, 10:41 AM #5
    For all the MJNA investors, you may want to read the following SA article. There are rumblings about urging investors to take their profits going into this 3 day weekend. Markets are closed Monday. Play it Smart and Good Luck!

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1187...ical-marijuana

Enthusiast
    02-15-2013, 11:02 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    For all the MJNA investors, you may want to read the following SA article. There are rumblings about urging investors to take their profits going into this 3 day weekend. Markets are closed Monday. Play it Smart and Good Luck!

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1187...ical-marijuana
    Thanks for the tip, but it's kind of hard to buy into that guy's logic when the first line of his article is:

Disclosure: I am short MJNA.PK

To me it just reads as if he wanted to get the stock to dump so he can make some $$$.

David

02-15-2013, 11:07 AM #7
    It's kind of interesting that he says that because people at TD Ameritrade and Fidelity Investments are unable to short this penny stock. I wish I could.

Quote Originally Posted by yoda4x4 View Post
    Thanks for the tip, but it's kind of hard to buy into that guy's logic when the first line of his article is:

Disclosure: I am short MJNA.PK

To me it just reads as if he wanted to get the stock to dump so he can make some $$$.

David

02-15-2013, 11:12 AM #8
    It's kind of interesting that he says that because people at TD Ameritrade and Fidelity Investments are unable to short this penny stock. I wish I could.
    I am buying on the dip, for what its worth. All news is worth reading and I appreciate it Midas.

Addict
    02-15-2013, 11:16 AM #9
    Last time I tried to place a buy order for MJNA (and CBIS) at my TDA account, I was denied on the basis of what they call "Chill Restriction". I've yet to figure what that means unless it is certain broker's way of trying to protect their clients from possible "pump and Dump" tactics. Anybody have a different reasoning?

02-15-2013, 11:18 AM #10
    This is how it is explained. http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/chill.asp

Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Last time I tried to place a buy order for MJNA (and CBIS) at my TDA account, I was denied on the basis of what they call "Chill Restriction". I've yet to figure what that means unless it is certain broker's way of trying to protect their clients from possible "pump and Dump" tactics. Anybody have a different reasoning?

Page 1 of 3 123