Page 4 of 6 ... 23456
    02-14-2013, 04:35 PM #31
    Thanks for the comments SI. In particular what you said about others gaining from your posts. Speaking to that, I do watch the stocks that are mentioned at SB. I just feel bad that I can't make my own contribution with regard to discovering the undiscovered 'jewels in the rough.' Thanks to all that make contributions- as I hope, one day, to be amongst your numbers.

I made my first SIRI buy in Oct, 2008 at 48 cents. The stock dropped down below 15 cents by Dec 2008 but I just kept buying. My lowest purchase was .1093 cents. I have been mostly "Long SIRI" selling once to buy a new car and once to pay off a few thou of credit card debt.

I am most appreciative of the opportunity to participate in a sane, drama-free environment with a collection of astute investors. Thanks guys/gals for all the useful input.

Mentor
    02-14-2013, 04:38 PM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
    SSYS dumping too...so much so that I dumped it.
    I bought both ONVO and DDD hard on the dip......recovering nicely into the close. DDD was trying to get to the 38.2 at 58.50 ish. Got into the high 59 but that was it. Hope it holds the recovery into close.....we'll see what happens.

ONVO coming back BIG TIME.....very nice bounce. EDIT: Just turned Green

02-14-2013, 04:51 PM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    I bought both ONVO and DDD hard on the dip......recovering nicely into the close. DDD was trying to get to the 38.2 at 58.50 ish. Got into the high 59 but that was it. Hope it holds the recovery into close.....we'll see what happens.

ONVO coming back BIG TIME.....very nice bounce. EDIT: Just turned Green

I F'n love that swinging stock, ONVO. It continues to make me bank

02-14-2013, 05:01 PM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Don't feel you need to make apologies Slapshot. I use to have a day job when I simply handed over my IRA or 401K periodic donations to some entity I knew nothing about, then sat back and hoped to see some growth in that venture. I'm just thrilled to death that I now have the time to try to control my own destiny, and I'm doubly pleased if someone can gain from my postings.

As for me, I'm a seasoned citizen with opportunity to frequently golf and deep sea fish, along with dabbling in a couple other in-house hobbies. in the meantime I lend a hand to my lovely wife as we try to make her 93 year old blind mother a comfy place to stay. In fact, I'm watching over Granny now as wifey takes a rare opportunity for lunch with the gals.

So, today is prime opportunity to research stocks and try to keep my investments on an even keel. Not to worry that you have to tend the salt mines and probably feed a house full of family. Power to you. I hope you personally gain from my meager contributions. Cheers and stay tuned without guilt.
    Your a good man Sly, thanks for all your wisdom and experience. And Denco, And Bassman, And Redcloud and I could go on and on and on and on

Long Live Sirius Buzz!!!

THIS is COMMUNITY!

Mentor
    02-14-2013, 05:12 PM #35
    Denco, am I mistaken or has FSLR gained an additional 35 cents since you posted that wonderful chart? Don't you just love it when a plan comes together.

PS. Too bad we can't invite our alien friend here, but I realize this place is rated "r".
    Hi SLY!!

Man FSLR is looking lovely just like the ALIENRACK......great to see the charts make sense. That bounce was sweet. I loaded up big time yesterday on the dip as I had sold a few too early the previous few days. Locked in a few early today as well but my position is EDIT - larger than it was to start the week, so I can't complain......
    Last edited by denco1; 02-14-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Enthusiast
    02-14-2013, 05:17 PM #36
    Good morning everyone, and thanks for the reminder.............. I need to slip out while she's not looking and hope to return with a rose or two. AARG.

Oh well, at least with my portfolio all red this morning, I have good reason not to jump to the Patent Attorney support fund. PS. I can't believe we are reading such bizzaar events over at that other place. This must be a script put in place months and years ago. It just can't be so spontaneous, so real, and so well-timed.
    I read this and had to take a look. Oh my! Within 5 minutes I had the patent up on my screen. Here is the kicker. To my memory the tracking of "short data as a system" happened about 12 months ago. The patent that Chas Barnard filed was applied for in March of 2010! It was filed for 3 years ago and just approved in January of this year. In essence it was a work in progress before the HFT brand ever became a concept! In fact, when Chas Barnaard filed that patent the old site still had Demian and Newman on board there.

Chas Barnard is President of Equity insight.

"Mr. Barnard has 10 years of institutional equity trading experience with Dain Rauscher Inc., Frost Securities Inc., and most recently Jefferies & Co., where he traded NASDAQ and NYSE listed stocks in the Telecommunications and Networking Equipment space. He also served as Jefferies' trading liaison for all information technology vendors including Bloomberg, Bridge, Brass, etc. During his six years at Jefferies, Mr. Barnard developed several software and managerial tracking programs which became an integral part of the trading infrastructure. Mr. Barnard has a B.S. from Indiana University."

This leads to the question....If someone filed a patent in 2010 how was it that they stole the idea in 2012 when concept of "short data system" was initiated?

Oh well.....my two cents. Took 5 minutes to see thorough that.

Mentor
    02-14-2013, 05:21 PM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by radejs View Post
    I F'n love that swinging stock, ONVO. It continues to make me bank
    Absolutely amazing how things work out sometimes.

Check out my chart from earlier today and check out this closing chart. It broke both trend lines, wicked down and recovered to the first trend line, only to give than one up again into the mid 4.30s and finally POWERED into the close to recapture both trend lines on the close. SWEEETTTTT!!!!!

ONVO.jpg

EDIT: The action is awesome as it teases the lower BB upward only to go down and test it at some point in the near future. I am hoping it can get close to the $4 area before the test. I will be buying big on any test of that lower BB.
    Last edited by denco1; 02-14-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Mentor

Addict
    02-14-2013, 05:47 PM #39
    Denco, I have come to know you as the only living sole with expertise necessary to help me understand exactly what is said and/or meant by such SEC filings. Is this good news or bad for we shareholders of record? Thanks in advance.

Page 4 of 6 ... 23456