Page 3 of 4 1234
    Addict
    02-13-2013, 01:29 PM #21
    Two possible solutions for realtime stock quotes:
    1: Try stockcharts.com............... they seem to have very little delay in posting, but you have to constantly refresh the screen

2) Depending on your online broker account, if you have streaming quotes (that's what I have at TDA), you can use a free download called Quotetracker.com, install it, and point to your online broker,. You can create a number of portfolios to view, each which updates in realtime......they also supply some graphing capability............

Good luck.

Enthusiast
    02-13-2013, 01:36 PM #22
    speaking of stockcharts...here's one with the bb's included

riding kinda high...will Liberty participate in the buyback? that's MY question...hope so...really hope so

sc.png

02-13-2013, 02:11 PM #23
    Thanks HB...those bb's are compressing nicely.

OT: Thanks to Rad, been "boning up" on the green stocks lately and am looking for a few entry points.

Addict
    02-13-2013, 02:18 PM #24
    I forgot to mention that Freestockcharts.com is also a good tool, and if not mistaken, I believe it updates in realtime. Unfortunately however, it does not track the Pink Sheets and OTC stocks. Here's a capture of SIRI a few minutes ago........note how the darker contrast on this chart really emphasizes the BBs that HB pointed out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Addict
    02-13-2013, 03:16 PM #25
    Talk about "Green stock popularity", I just noticed volumes of 33MM, 26MM, and 20MM, respectively in PHOT, MJNA, and CBIS. I'd say that has become a real popular niche.

Also, here's an interesting 3-D printer article titled "Print and Fire" as folks are printing ammo magazines for Assautl Rifles.
    http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/02/...-new-gun-laws/
    Last edited by siriusly_invested; 02-13-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Enthusiast
    02-13-2013, 05:47 PM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    speaking of stockcharts...here's one with the bb's included

riding kinda high...will Liberty participate in the buyback? that's MY question...hope so...really hope so

sc.png

Hmmm... curious... why do you hope Liberty would participate? Better if they are hands off for now, in my opinion. $2 billion pulled out of market vs. $1 billion should see better share price appreciation, no?

Addict
    02-13-2013, 07:46 PM #27
    Where is everyone today? The overall market is down, so I've taken advantage and have scoured for new possible entry ventures. Not meaning to monopolize here, but I do recall that SXM (infrequent poster) introduced RAD (Rite Aid) a few weeks ago as one to keep an eye on. Well, this week at least on the surface it began to look as if RAD was approaching an attractive re-entry point. If you look at the trend lines and the current approach for a third touch at the lower line, notice also a recent completion of the Golden Cross (usually a sure indicator of good things to come), and the obvious and attractive gap between 1.60 and 1.64, then you too might be weighing your dry powder in anticipation of what appears to be a lucrative new venture. Personally however, I decided to do some Google research and came up with more than one not so optimistic outlook on that company. After you read the attached from Motley Fool (others had a similar message), I hope you will at least stop and do your own due dilagence before you make your next move. For me, I think I'm content to sit on the sideline with this one and see if I am wise to wait before I jump.

http://beta.fool.com/jonathanyates13...gyholnk0000001

Enthusiast
    02-13-2013, 07:51 PM #28
    disclaimer: I'm a bit slower than the most of the folks around here...

The way I understand it is that Liberty was initially supposed to take part in the share buyback WITH THEIR MONEY.

note: This was later noted that they weren't required to do so.

Anyway - they want to stay above 50% & have chatted about wanting to be at 80%+.

There's the shares they own.

There's the shares that the institutions own.

Then, there's the float.

My understanding is that when the float is reduced, the price increases.

Which is why I want Sxm and Liberty to be buying the float.

Regarding the actual # - I seem to recall that Sxm PR'd us that they're buying back $2b. That was, of course, when it was noted that Liberty would be participating in the buy back.

Malone is shrewd, though. Hell, he got the company for nothing, after all. They don't *have* to participate. Regardless, the price should rice w/ the reduction of shares, yes?

I don't quite understand the convertibles. I also don't quite grasp how the increased debt load is going to be digested.

All that I do know is that I went ballistic on a guy over the weekend for his commentary that Konmazin is fantastic at making money for himself and that he deserves his just rewards for being smarter than the investors.

Quote Originally Posted by Faulkner_SA View Post
    Hmmm... curious... why do you hope Liberty would participate? Better if they are hands off for now, in my opinion. $2 billion pulled out of market vs. $1 billion should see better share price appreciation, no?

02-13-2013, 08:23 PM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Two possible solutions for realtime stock quotes:
    1: Try stockcharts.com............... they seem to have very little delay in posting, but you have to constantly refresh the screen

2) Depending on your online broker account, if you have streaming quotes (that's what I have at TDA), you can use a free download called Quotetracker.com, install it, and point to your online broker,. You can create a number of portfolios to view, each which updates in realtime......they also supply some graphing capability............

Good luck.
    well thank you!
    I'll have to bookmark this post and refer back to it when I have some time. Busy with real life and work that piled up.

02-13-2013, 09:11 PM #30
    finally got into cbis and phot this morning, maybe just a bit early. both down for the day. but not everything go's up in smoke. lol

Page 3 of 4 1234