Page 4 of 4 ... 234
    02-11-2013, 07:43 PM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulkner_SA View Post
    Attachment 846

http://finance.avafin.com/stock/SIRI?chartType=trade

http://finance.avafin.com/tradeFlow?...0&industryId=0

Heavy accumulation. They took every single share they could get at $3.15 today. SIRI buyback? Bond holders shorting out shares they will be receiving in a few weeks? Perhaps.

Short interest now 402 million.

Got an article in queue with thoughts on it. I figure we move soon. And I figure short data will again go up in the next 2 reporting periods then drop off sharply on bond conversion.

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I don't see us popping "down" though... too much money being pumped in. I think it'll go up, and the move could be quite rapid.
    My bet is on buy backs. This company has not been waiting to exercise its plan. It knew well in advance exactly what it wanted to do and they're doing it. Having Mel in the equation quite likely created a "pent up" desire to move things forward. Visualize what happens to things or people that have been pent up when finally the obstacle is removed. I hope we see $3.50 real soon.

Mentor
    02-11-2013, 07:45 PM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Denco, apparently we employ different strategies. Actually, I'm experimenting with the idea suggested in the Stikky book, that being to watch for the third or subsequent touch of the high and low trend lines and exercise my sells and buys respectively according to those bounces. So far, I'm batting about 80% using nothing but those indicators. Of course, I am accumulating back in with full proceeds after a sale......... so far that seems to work quite well................ I bought SBUX at 53, sold at 57.30 and am waiting re-entry at or near 55. On FSLR for example, I got 1000 shares at 23, sold at 35 for $35000 net, then bought 1263 shares at 27.70. Now looking for the price to go to $40+ before I sell again......... This is a fun way to go when the plan comes together.
    You have a great stategy SLY and the results don't lie. I am quick to buy back even at a higher price if I feel there is more to go without a minor pullback. I just had to lock in a few with such a big move today on both. If things move heavy again tomorrow then I may wait for the intraday pullback to reload......just need to assess the action.

Head Honcho
    02-11-2013, 07:53 PM #33
    Anyone have anything good, bad, or otherwise to say about Schwab as far as trading goes? I moved away from them years ago because their trade rates were too high but now it looks like I might be going back.

I wonder if you can trade MJNA with them? Anyone know?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    02-11-2013, 08:11 PM #34
    From a Playground post...

Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI)‘s stock had its “outperform” rating reiterated by investment analysts at Barrington Research in a note issued to investors on Monday. They currently have a $3.75 target price on the stock.

The analysts wrote, “Subscriber gains remained strong in the fourth quarter and full-year 2012 as Liberty formerly asserted its controlling interest. Churn and conversion rates remain in line with recent historical experience despite implementation of a first-ever price increase as a merged company at the start of 2012. Further, the only changes of substance to this point with the change in control appears to be a more concerted intent to return capital to shareholders in the form of a $0.05 per share special dividend in December and initiation of a $2 billion stock buyback program to be implemented starting in 2013. Liberty is intent on recapturing funds expended to establish its controlling stake. Aside from that, Liberty management has publicly expressed support for the fundamental progress established by Sirius XM management, suggesting that any further shift in ownership (such as the long-speculated Reverse Morris Trust option) would not necessarily or even likely be a 2013 or 2014 event.”

http://www.dailypolitical.com/financ...radio-siri.htm

Enthusiast
    02-11-2013, 08:11 PM #35
    What I wrote :

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1173...lion-bad-ideas

Also have an article pending (probably wont be out till tomorrow) regarding my expectations that Liberty will not sell into the first round of buybacks (perhaps more). Consider the double effect of growing their stake plus increasing the value of that stake. Unless Liberty needs cash quickly, they are better off just selling back at the end. Even if they undercut market by a penny to remove notions of "foul play" and SIRI buys back $1.5 billion at the end from LMCA, LMCA stands to benefit immensely by not participating in the buyback at all.

Again this assumes LMCA doesn't need cash...

100% of the buyback coming from float would likely have a greater effect than a 1:1 float / LMCA sell back.

I mean I get it... Liberty has said they want the bait back, Liberty has said they would prefer not to spin high basis, etc. etc. but Liberty can get the bait cash back this way, no problem, and there's little issue with spinning out a bit of high basis if the bait cash is returned.

I dunno I'm just a guy... I sell generators (permanent install 14KW and up Kohler) here in New England (I see many of you are in the area... lemme know if you need one though we're kinda strung out now through April cuz of this storm...) Who am I to guess at the masterminding behind Liberty's plans! I may turn out to just be a rambling madman ...

Addict
    02-11-2013, 08:16 PM #36
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Anyone have anything good, bad, or otherwise to say about Schwab as far as trading goes? I moved away from them years ago because their trade rates were too high but now it looks like I might be going back.

I wonder if you can trade MJNA with them? Anyone know?
    Couldn't tell ya SB, I use Etrade and Fidelity, but have only bought MJNA with Etrade. And I've got to say it's been a nice ride in these days of pergatory momentum with SIRI But it's about time for Siri to pull it's load, and that's gonna be even better, just be careful if you play with Mjna, gotta be on ya toes, protect cash and let profits ride.

Addict
    02-11-2013, 08:29 PM #37
    A rambling Madman, imagine that That's someone that's mad at everyone, that ramble's right. Touche'

Mentor
    02-11-2013, 11:02 PM #38
    Denco...Red...Again thanks for the charts! Watched all day as the accumulation continues!

Sold some SXM in IRA and bought 200 shares AAPL! Taking a flyer on CEO speaking at GS conference tomorrow along with talk of increased dividends/buy backs announced/possible 1 time dividend paid! They are under pressure from large investors to return some of tie 137B COH to shareholders!l

JS

Addict
    02-11-2013, 11:35 PM #39
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Denco...Red...Again thanks for the charts! Watched all day as the accumulation continues!

Sold some SXM in IRA and bought 200 shares AAPL! Taking a flyer on CEO speaking at GS conference tomorrow along with talk of increased dividends/buy backs announced/possible 1 time dividend paid! They are under pressure from large investors to return some of tie 137B COH to shareholders!l

JS
    GL,JS, sounds good, and gl to all other appl investors on this board, looks like a few people are starting to say "Show me the money and quit talking about it" It's looking good for Ya'll, and I would think, would drive the price higher. I'm just a peon tho, can't afford Apple, so take my words with a grain of salt. GL tho, I got faith in Ya'll, and think your on to something.

02-12-2013, 07:59 AM #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulkner_SA View Post
    What I wrote :

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1173...lion-bad-ideas

Also have an article pending (probably wont be out till tomorrow) regarding my expectations that Liberty will not sell into the first round of buybacks (perhaps more). Consider the double effect of growing their stake plus increasing the value of that stake. Unless Liberty needs cash quickly, they are better off just selling back at the end. Even if they undercut market by a penny to remove notions of "foul play" and SIRI buys back $1.5 billion at the end from LMCA, LMCA stands to benefit immensely by not participating in the buyback at all.

Again this assumes LMCA doesn't need cash...

100% of the buyback coming from float would likely have a greater effect than a 1:1 float / LMCA sell back.

I mean I get it... Liberty has said they want the bait back, Liberty has said they would prefer not to spin high basis, etc. etc. but Liberty can get the bait cash back this way, no problem, and there's little issue with spinning out a bit of high basis if the bait cash is returned.

I dunno I'm just a guy... I sell generators (permanent install 14KW and up Kohler) here in New England (I see many of you are in the area... lemme know if you need one though we're kinda strung out now through April cuz of this storm...) Who am I to guess at the masterminding behind Liberty's plans! I may turn out to just be a rambling madman ...
    Check your PM

Page 4 of 4 ... 234