Page 4 of 5 ... 2345
    Mentor
    02-06-2013, 02:06 PM #31

Thumbs up

FYI-

http://www.nasdaq.com/quotes/institu...ment-llc-64122

Winslow Captial has taken a new 124M share position in SXM as of 12/31/2012!!

JS
    Last edited by just sirius; 02-06-2013 at 02:08 PM. Reason: added info

Mentor
    02-06-2013, 02:11 PM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    So they have an easy way to pull his head out of Grasso's A$$

hahahaha...close your eyes...you can see it...but it all depends just how far the shove it...they may need to grow them quite abit longer!!

JS

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    02-06-2013, 02:21 PM #33
    sorry, I had the wrong link below...it is fixed now though
    Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    No Denco, it does not have to hit the line but it cannot go below it. For those not familiar with Elliot wave analysis, I posted a webpage describing my chart and how one would trade it if we are indeed forming a new motive wave. There is a lot of info here.

http://www.trendystockcharts.com/siri/

Go ahead and post any questions you have back here on Sirius Buzz.

Enthusiast
    02-06-2013, 02:46 PM #34
    So question for you guys... when I see million share blocks trading for 3.185 and 3.19 when bid / ask is 3.16/3.17 and it doesn't move bid / ask, is something fishy up or is this business as usual?

Mentor
    02-06-2013, 03:05 PM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulkner_SA View Post
    So question for you guys... when I see million share blocks trading for 3.185 and 3.19 when bid / ask is 3.16/3.17 and it doesn't move bid / ask, is something fishy up or is this business as usual?
    What's up SF/ICU!

May be the MMs collaring it for SIRI on Malone orders now. Maybe we see a filing on buybacks Friday...if they have to file a Form 4.

02-06-2013, 03:06 PM #36
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    You are correct. He should have taken the loss.

Most trading platforms have an option to "maximize my tax benefits" when you make a sale. I don't know why you wouldn't want to lock in losses. I am yet to hear a good reason why a typical investor would not want to. Even if you max out losses, you can still carry them forward.
    I disagree. it's early in the year and there is still plenty of time for losses if you ask me. especially with onvo right now i'm sitting on a loss. I try to take profits when i can.

** edit ** I should've added that those shares were bought with margin that I don't like to hold too long
    Last edited by jackweed; 02-06-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Mentor
    02-06-2013, 03:26 PM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    sorry, I had the wrong link below...it is fixed now though
    Thanks BassMan!

Nice analysis on the Wave chart. I must say that if we hold above 3.08 I will get REALLY pumped to see this in action. Takes things to a whole different level. Incorporating ones own chart analysis along the way will be helpful to play the swings.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    02-06-2013, 03:35 PM #38
    I like Denco's answer...but I am not familiar with required filings for a buyback.......anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulkner_SA View Post

Head Honcho
    02-06-2013, 04:08 PM #39
    Quote Originally Posted by jackweed View Post
    there is still plenty of time for losses if you ask me.
    What if all of your stocks go up or trade sideways and you don't get a chance to lock in anything?

More realistically, what if you don't wind up with any loss worse than the one you didn't take?

If I'm wrong in my thinking, please someone, let me know. I've never got a good reason not to lock in a loss from my broker.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

02-06-2013, 04:54 PM #40
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    What if all of your stocks go up or trade sideways and you don't get a chance to lock in anything?

More realistically, what if you don't wind up with any loss worse than the one you didn't take?

If I'm wrong in my thinking, please someone, let me know. I've never got a good reason not to lock in a loss from my broker.
    Cash is cash...but if you have the option to take a loss vs. profit then I want to maximize my cash by taking the loss and not worry about setting aside cash to pay the IRS. It preserves the opportunity to cap long term tax hit on my low basis shares. That's how I've handled it. Seems like a no-brainer.

Page 4 of 5 ... 2345