Page 3 of 5 12345
    02-06-2013, 11:49 AM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Child View Post
    That's never a bad thing. Just know that none of these tickers are "THE pot stock of the future".

But someday there will be one or two that will make us a Bonewagon full of cash for the long run if we catch it in time.

I will be keeping my eyes out for it too. It's gonna happen.

EDIT: Oh, and Thanks
    If you find "it" please share it with us. MJNA looks pretty good to me though at this point as a real player. The others are more hype and stocks to play with for me.

Mentor
    02-06-2013, 11:56 AM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    They are hitting me again in small chunks....not filled yet.

EDIT: May just pull the other 2 and put 1 at the BassMans potential bounce.

EDIT2: Looking at the 1 and 2 area of BassMans chart, it seems that it does not have to touch to bounce as in the area 2.
    Ok, finally got complete fill after about 40 small hits.....

Mentor
    02-06-2013, 12:06 PM #23
    Downgrade

06:10 EDT SIRI Sirius XM downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Macquarie
    Macquarie downgraded shares due to valuation. Price target is $3.25.
    February 5, 2013

Affirmation of Overweight

08:40 EDT SIRI Sirius XM remains a top large cap idea at Piper Jaffray
    Piper Jaffray said Sirius XM remains its top large cap idea for 2013 following the company's Q4 results. Piper says Sirius XM continues to deliver strong subs growth. The firm keeps an Overweight rating on the stock with a $3.40 price target.

http://www.theflyonthewall.com/perma...RI?symbol=SIRI

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    02-06-2013, 12:36 PM #24
    No Denco, it does not have to hit the line but it cannot go below it. For those not familiar with Elliot wave analysis, I posted a webpage describing my chart and how one would trade it if we are indeed forming a new motive wave. There is a lot of info here.

http://www.trendystockcharts.com/siri/

Go ahead and post any questions you have back here on Sirius Buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    BassMan, quick question-does it have to hit that line to complete the wave before it moves up?
    Last edited by Limit5Bass; 02-06-2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: edited link

02-06-2013, 01:41 PM #25
    Merril Lynch analyst has weighed in---From Yahoo board

Excerpt from Merrill Lynch Siri Alert, 3rd alert in 45 days. Received this morning,

Don’t lose forest for trees; solid quarter, best to come
    Expectations for SiriusXM were high into 4Q’12, with the Co. pre-releasing
    subscriber results exceeding guidance, setting a high bar for 4Q results. Although
    SIRI ever-so-slightly missed (essentially a rounding error) top-line revenue and
    EBITDA (see Sirius XM Radio Inc, 05 February 2013, for our previously published
    summary of 4Q results), we believe these financials will quickly become an
    afterthought, and not a driver. The apparent EBITDA “miss” was primarily driven
    on sales and marketing spending, which helped yield the best self-paid churn rate
    in almost five years (1.8%). Given SIRI’s cost structure, we believe the Co. can
    push/pull levers for growth, an optimal strategy, as the Co. – with 24mn subs,
    80%+ paying – is still in hyper growth mode.
    Acting CEO James Meyer knocks it out of the park
    Stepping into the role of CEO after ~9 years as an operating executive is difficult
    enough; stepping into Mel Karmazin’s shoes is likely overwhelming. “Interim”
    (perhaps permanent?) CEO Jim Meyer gave a clear, concise, differentiated vision
    for the company on the conf. call (though he did not deviate sharply from Mr.
    Karmazin’s playbook). We are encouraged by Mr. Meyer’s laser-focus on what
    needs to be done to enhance shareholder value (incl. commencing the $2bn
    share buyback immediately, and committing to a 3.5x target levg. ratio). Mr.
    Meyer was encyclopedic in his knowledge of the Sat. Radio platform, laying out a
    clear vision why IP and telematics could be future growth engines for the Co. (in
    addition to its constellation of broadcast satellites, unlikely to ever be replicated).
    Solid guidance, valuation more reasonable, reit. Buy, $4 PO
    SIRI’s success will be dependent on auto sales, already off to a strong start in
    January (15.2mn vs. 13.9mn a year ago, +10% Y/Y). The Co. reiterated its recent
    2013 guidance, which we believe will be raised so long as positive trends in autos
    continue (plus a tremendous secondary car opportunity). Valuation reflects the
    Co.’s growth prospects (14.0x EV/EBITDA, 18.2x P/E and 13.2x P/FCF, based on
    2014E, vs. projected growth rates of 28%, 37% and 42% respectively). We
    reiterate our Buy rating. We have modestly revised estimates to reflect higher sub
    growth with slightly higher spending. Our PO of $4 represents 28% upside
    potential.
    Estimates (Dec)
    (US$) 2011A 2012A 2013E 2014E 2015E
    EPS 0.07 0.07 0.13 0.17 0.21
    GAAP EPS 0.07 0.51 0.13 0.17 0.21
    EPS Change (YoY) 600.0% 0% 85.7% 30.8% 23.5%
    Consensus EPS (Bloomberg) 0.09 0.12 0.20
    DPS 0 0 0 0 0
    Valuation (Dec)
    2011A 2012A 2013E 2014E 2015E
    P/E 45.7x 45.7x 24.6x 18.8x 15.2x
    GAAP P/E 45.7x 6.3x 24.6x 18.8x 15.2x
    Dividend Yield 0% 0% 0% 0% 0%
    EV / EBITDA* 32.0x 25.4x 18.5x 15.9x 14.3x
    Free Cash Flow Yield* 2.1% 3.7% 4.5% 5.0% 5.4%
    * For full definitions of iQmethod SM measures, see page 10.

02-06-2013, 01:51 PM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by jackweed View Post
    Man thank goodness for etrade. I'm sure other brokers can do this to but I sold a 5000 share lot of siri on friday at $3.24 from a $3.10 lot I bought in january. or so i thought. I turns out I actually sold 5,000 of a $3.42 lot back in 2008! Not at all what I wanted to do. Instead of a $700 gain it was a $900 loss!! I was able to go into my portfolio and change the lots! Hopefully i won't make that mistake again.

I'm sure you can do this with other brokers but I think you only have a 3 day window to modify which lot
    Hey Jackweed, I think you're better off showing a loss to the IRS. It does not affect your total amount in your account. You would just be showing a loss, although your accout absolutely did gain on that trade. Make sense? Anyone, please tell me if I am misguided in this.

Head Honcho
    02-06-2013, 01:58 PM #27
    Anyone know why the bald guys on CNBC have pony tails? Are they serious? Is it a bet? Do they play in bands on the weekends?

+Rep for the best answer, whether true or funny.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    02-06-2013, 02:00 PM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Anyone know why the bald guys on CNBC have pony tails? Are they serious? Is it a bet? Do they play in bands on the weekends?

So they have an easy way to pull his head out of Grasso's A$$

Head Honcho
    02-06-2013, 02:03 PM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy1 View Post
    Hey Jackweed, I think you're better off showing a loss to the IRS. It does not affect your total amount in your account. You would just be showing a loss, although your accout absolutely did gain on that trade. Make sense? Anyone, please tell me if I am misguided in this.
    You are correct. He should have taken the loss.

Most trading platforms have an option to "maximize my tax benefits" when you make a sale. I don't know why you wouldn't want to lock in losses. I am yet to hear a good reason why a typical investor would not want to. Even if you max out losses, you can still carry them forward.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    02-06-2013, 02:03 PM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post

Charles...when you throw in the man-purse...gets them into the she-male clubs without a cover charge!

JS